Razard86

The Trap of Spiritual Ego

53 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

No problem.

Not really. Maybe consider taking a short break from that Aaron guy. Maybe you'll see things in a different light.

1. Not really doesn't prove anything. You are here because you are drawn to me otherwise you would pay me no mind.

2. A leaderboard of the top egos is only something an Ego would do. So not really laughably is not even a defense.

3. Why exactly should I follow your advice? I watch and consume a ton of content and personally reflect on different things and develop my own insights. If you don't like what I type you could just pay me no mind....but notice you are here.... so thank you for focusing on me I welcome your love.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm just bored. This is fun to ponder.

1621745704804.jpg

Lol who made this?

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Ego is like a whirlpool. It comes and goes, grows and shrinks and changes shapes, and sometimes disappears altogether. 

But recognize that the whirlpool can’t creat itself, change itself, or eliminate itself.. it just is itself if and when it is..

The reality is, there is no whirlpool at at.. only whatever the river is doing.. 

the trap is when the whirlpool is shaped in such a way that it produces the thought, ‘I am separate from the river and I do things; I am the doer of whats being done’. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

3. Why exactly should I follow your advice?

Because it will help you. But of course, you're free to dismiss it. I don't care.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 8.7.2022 at 10:10 PM, Gesundheit2 said:

I have a list/leaderboard that I use to rank people according to spiritual ego.

? Now I'm curious

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Because it will help you. But of course, you're free to dismiss it. I don't care.

You care, otherwise you wouldn't be on this thread and you wouldn't have said what you said. What we care about we pay attention to, what we don't we ignore. 

10 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

@Razard86 Dunno, got a few like that from 4chan. Lolz.

I've heard a lot of crazy stories about 4chan. That site is pretty infamous, too many crazy stories associated with them, from hacking, leaks, etc. stories. 

11 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Ego is like a whirlpool. It comes and goes, grows and shrinks and changes shapes, and sometimes disappears altogether. 

But recognize that the whirlpool can’t creat itself, change itself, or eliminate itself.. it just is itself if and when it is..

The reality is, there is no whirlpool at at.. only whatever the river is doing.. 

the trap is when the whirlpool is shaped in such a way that it produces the thought, ‘I am separate from the river and I do things; I am the doer of whats being done’. 

Yeah Ego is ridiculously sneaky. Without it we cannot function in 3D, but as long as we identify with it we will suffer whatever the ego identifies with. Until we are rid of emotional triggers, we are still stuck in Ego. Ego will always disrupt our ability to be present and not entangled with whatever stories it is creating.

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You care, otherwise you wouldn't be on this thread and you wouldn't have said what you said. What we care about we pay attention to, what we don't we ignore. 

I meant to say that I'm detached from whatever results this exchange might lead to.

7 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I meant to say that I'm detached from whatever results this exchange might lead to.

If you were...you would have never got attached to begin with. When you drive past a homeless man, you are detached from his outcome and thus you don't try to influence it. If you were not detached from his outcome, you will attempt to influence it by offering aid in whatever way you see fit. 

To offer advice is to attempt to influence an outcome which is attachment. You responding right now to me shows you are still attached. I thank you for your attachment because it shows you care. 

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

If you were...you would have never got attached to begin with. When you drive past a homeless man, you are detached from his outcome and thus you don't try to influence it. If you were not detached from his outcome, you will attempt to influence it by offering aid in whatever way you see fit. 

To offer advice is to attempt to influence an outcome which is attachment. You responding right now to me shows you are still attached. I thank you for your attachment because it shows you care. 

There's no attachment here. Only spontaneity, playfulness, and curiosity.

But feel free to believe whatever you want about me. I have no preference or control over your mind.

Though, I like the way the focus of this conversation has shifted from you over to me. Looks like someone could use a mirror ;):x

Edited by Gesundheit2

On 7/10/2022 at 4:05 PM, Razard86 said:

Yeah Ego is ridiculously sneaky. Without it we cannot function in 3D, but as long as we identify with it we will suffer whatever the ego identifies with. Until we are rid of emotional triggers, we are still stuck in Ego. Ego will always disrupt our ability to be present and not entangled with whatever stories it is creating.

There isn't a you and then another thing called an ego. The ego is the experience of being you.

That experience can stop happening spontaneously.... then it's just BOOM everything without a second because the experiencer or witness was recognized to be unreal!!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi