something_else

Question about LSD tab dosage

16 posts in this topic

So I took a tab I got from a friend recently, he never told me the dosage but based on effects I’d put it somewhere around 80-120ug

Was a good first trip but not enough to blow me away.

I’ve now got some tabs (from a certain dark place) rated at 250ug.

How likely is that to be an accurate dosage?

My gut says just take 1, but I want a stronger trip this time. Maybe I should take 1.25 to be sure?

I’ve seen lots of people on various places on Reddit say that any tab with a dosage that high is BS, but somehow I feel like a tab from that particular type of source should be more reliably dosed

Any comments? Thanks :)

Unlikely to be 250ug. Best bet as always is to take a smaller amount if unsure. You can always take more.

Yeah its unlikely the paper can only absorb so much, How many tabs do you have total? Id say go with your gut and try 1. Then how ever it goes, go on and up the dose if it goes well a week from now.

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

12 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

If you got it from a certain dark place, the dose is probably accurate. 250ug is pretty normal in Europe these days..

This was my gut instinct too. It seems weird that they would misadvertise when they would likely get bad reviews for it, lol

I'm gonna stick with one tab then. Is a 250ug trip a good idea for my third trip? First two were on 100ug or so.

Then 250ug would be more than double the dose you have been taking. You'll probably still be fine, but I'd recommend increasing your dosage by 50ug until you hit your sweet spot. The safe and optimal dosage for any "medicine" falls somewhere between "not enough" and "too much".

250 tabs are certainly possible. Don't be dumb. Assume the dose number is legit. Start by taking half.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

250 tabs are certainly possible. Don't be dumb. Assume the dose number is legit. Start by taking half.

Half would be pretty much exactly the same dosage as I've already taken twice. I have a tab with just under a quarter cut off for testing, so I reckon I'll go with that. That should be around 150-180ug, which I think should be fine.

As far as I know it's usally 70-100% accurate from reading in terms of potency of the tab. This information is from reddit. 

I'd also test tolerance levels from when you have last taken the substance so you can compare multiple scenarios. For example if you want to take the same dose when tolerance is still on you need more so the 250ug tab could have the effect of a 100ug tab. 

https://codepen.io/cyberoxide/full/BaNarGd

I had multiple LSD derivates varying in potency it would be more interesting for you I'd say to know what type of LSD it is for example ETH-LAD is stronger than 1P-LSD and PRO-LAD as well as normal LSD as far as I know and has also a different effect. Some more visual, some more body high etc. 

All derivates I had had approx 200-250ug so I never tested something less. Also from all the offers I have seen LSD seems to be a psychedelic that can easily be produced and sold in masses. So I don't think the seller needs to scam people. I barely see bad reviews also. 

I'd definitely test the tab to make sure it's okay etc. etc. Trusting gut instinct is okay usually it plays out like I expect then when it's a strong instinct. Max I took I think was 700-900UG with tolerance. 

Also genetics matter apparently maybe more than I think. 1P-LSD blew my mind away and ETH-LAD was supposed to be very strong, yet it was only comparable to 1P-LSD to me a bit. I also thought these tabs were way to strong from all the 1P-LSD trips I made from that blotter pack in that sense.

I also found this just now. As I am unsure how common potency tests are they seem to have developed some solutions, it's to expensive for me so I won't use it. The article is also interesting as it has a more conservative estimate/test of what sellers put in their tabs when advertised.

https://www.trippingly.net/lsd-studies/psychedelic-potency-tests-are-here-and-they-work
https://www.startnext.com/en/miraculix

There are multiple tests for potencies availabile from their crowd-funding company. If I read the article correctly it's a German company and they also do this for MDMA Shrooms and obviously also LSD.

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

54 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

I'd definitely test the tab to make sure it's okay etc. etc

I tested with the Erlich reagent, which doesn't tell you potency but it tells you that there's at least LSD in the tab. I'd like to get some potency tests as well to be absolutely sure in the future.

I don't know much about the different types of LSD, I'm assuming my tabs will just be the standard type? Might be interested in trying derivatives at some point so cheers for all the advice/resources.

I bought a 25 tabs batch of what I believed was 250ug each. It had lots of good reviews. I almost always took half a tab and it gave me the normal LSD experience.

The day I took the whole tab I didn't even want to touch psychedelics anymore for years (already got over this lol). It took me several weeks/months to understand everything that happened during that trip.

Better be safe than sorry and traumatize yourself; take half or 1/4.

Edited by Espaim

@something_else Same definitely would like to test for example the sellers products for potency so I know where to buy basically and I don't get scammed. So the link might come in handy in the neat future etc. 

Yes, I'd need more trips to fully make distinctions can recommend 1P-LSD if you are into visuals internally I was seeing beautiful intricate geometry when I closed my eyes. PRO-LAD was the worst it's also the weakest IIRC in terms of potency. AL-LAD was also great for beginners also somewhat still one of my favs as it had a very mild on-set and still had plenty of depth. 

I can't find the article with the comparision of the newer more common derivates likes ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, ALD-52, 1P-LSD, PRO-LAD, LSD and a couple of others IIRC ETH-LAD was the strongest and PRO-LAD the weakest. I personally would agree with their rating. 1P-LSD is supposed to be as strong as LSD or even stronger or slightly milder (medium potency - both average in potency/overall strength). I never tried the original LSD. 

This might help in case you wonder about any issues it could be that it's a different type of LSD etc. PRO-LAD was definitely weaker and I had to take more IIRC. 

There also seems to be an american version of the testing kit that is partned with the German company.
https://saferpsyche.org/#research

Edited by ValiantSalvatore

So I took the full tab, it ended up being very similar to the previous tab I took that I rated about 100µg in terms of open eye visuals, although I didn't know the dosage for sure

The mindspace was definitely substantially more intense, though still not as intense as I hear other people describe 250µg.

I honestly have no idea if it really was 250µg at this point. I suspect not from reading what other people have experienced on that dosage, which is kind of a bummer. Because I read tabs sourced from a certain dark place are usually pretty accurately dosed

@something_else Dunno I posted the kit as a solution to gauge the potency of a tab.

Could very well be that it had less and also if you trip multiple times in a week for example the dose will be less intense because of tolerance.

It's difficult to trust the information fully out there I'd be cautious and see what works etc. I did not even know a potency test existed before this thread was opened. 

I'd say your experience sounds normal. Hopefully you are not to bummed out I need for example more than 250ug to trip balls. 400-600 IIRC.

200ug was good yet not satisfiying to me. Sometimes sensetivity varied and I needed less, yet 400+ IIRC. 2 tabs max 3 and I was tripping deeply imo.

11 minutes ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

@something_else Dunno I posted the kit as a solution to gauge the potency of a tab.

Could very well be that it had less and also if you trip multiple times in a week for example the dose will be less intense because of tolerance.

It's difficult to trust the information fully out there I'd be cautious and see what works etc. I did not even know a potency test existed before this thread was opened. 

I'd say your experience sounds normal. Hopefully you are not to bummed out I need for example more than 250ug to trip balls. 400-600 IIRC.

200ug was good yet not satisfiying to me. Sometimes sensetivity varied and I needed less, yet 400+ IIRC. 2 tabs max 3 and I was tripping deeply imo.

This sounds like my experience exactly. I tripped on LSD last Sunday as well, so perhaps I also still had some tolerance built up. Thanks for all the info, super helpful!

Next Friday I'm going to take a tab and a half of this stronger stuff and see how that goes.