Martin123

The Intention Behind Your Actions

22 posts in this topic

So in quantum mechanics, (don't ask me details I just use it to prove a point I'm no expert on physics =D) there is this theory that solely conducting an experiment determines or affects its result. As if you have an intention for a certain outcome, and that's what you get.

I believe you do this with personal development and meditation on a macro level.
What is meditation for. Like really, what is it for?
- clear your unconscious trauma?
- enlightenment?
- stress reduction?
- concentration benefits?
- peace of mind?
- blabla blu ble blo?
It is all these things and more, as well as none of the above.

The intention behind meditation is a bigass thing in my experience.
The moment I realized the enormously huge emotional baggage I carry from my past my meditation habbit became about that. All I do is about clearing it out.
If I had an awakening my meditation would prolly become about enlightenment.
If I was too stressed it would be about stress reduction. 

Now this doesn't work a 100% right, I still get glimpses of One consciousness throughout meditation etc. it is not all about my baggage. But it is the thing I focus on.
The information I receive I filter through a lense - how does this correlate to emotional suppression and release?

The intention  
Why do you what you do?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 this is a great topic, thanks!

Well,in my experience, almost everything I do seems to be based on hope or fear. Therefore I try to use the means necessary to unmask these subtle tendencies and be naked in the open, so to speak.

It is very hard because even spirituality gets transformed into some kind of materialism.

So yeah,not easy. Why do I do it? At the start it was to become "enlightened", now I do not really know what that means. Let's see what happens.

Before any formal meditation, i usually set the intention to become enlightened in order  to benefit all beings. 

Intention will for sure have a strong impact on your meditation, the way one relates to it and its outcome. 

Edited by Guivs

On 5/2/2017 at 9:38 PM, Martin123 said:

Why do you what you do?

That question obviously comes from the Ego (aka the lower mind).

Initially the Ego must be lured into a practice in order to give it something. It demands, it wants gains. So you give it something, tell it you will gain this or that, it can be purely material things (wealth, create your reality stuff, or health, good skin lol) or it can be intellectual (peace, knowledge, better mind and intelligence etc).

Later, it refines and sees that it itself is the hurdle, the biggest hurdle, in the path of what the spiritual evolution is about, and then it slowly surrenders. No intentions or desires are left.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

8 minutes ago, PureExp said:

That question obviously comes from the Ego (aka the lower mind).

Initially the Ego must be lured into a practice in order to give it something. It demands, it wants gains. So you give it something, tell it you will gain this or that, it can be purely material things (wealth, create your reality stuff, or health, good skin lol) or it can be intellectual (peace, knowledge, better mind and intelligence etc).

Later, it refines and sees that it itself is the hurdle, the biggest hurdle, in the path of what the spiritual evolution is about, and then it slowly surrenders. No intentions or desires are left.

I have found a wonder miracle which makes your skin smooth like a baby's but over night - sudocrem.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

@PureExp There's this notion that advanced spirituality is desireless, desire=suffering.

NOP

lack based desire = suffering

in other words, lack is the problem, not the desire.

@Martin123 If there is no lack, there is no desire.

I can't find any example right now. Need to think on it.

Yes, desire is not a problem, expecting that all desires must be fulfilled is a problem.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

@Martin123 Meditation serves the purpose of seeing that an experiment is -effected by the experimentor because they are one in the same. Can you see that once conducted, both the experiment and the experimentor  are equally 'effected'? There is no one without the other. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Scream. Now silence.  Now scream. Now silence.

See that there is no one without the other.

There is no Phil Anselmo without Steven Georgiou. 

There is no Cat Stevens without Steven Georgiou.

There is no Zack Dela Rocha without Hitler.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

56 minutes ago, PureExp said:

@Martin123 If there is no lack, there is no desire.

I can't find any example right now. Need to think on it.

Yes, desire is not a problem, expecting that all desires must be fulfilled is a problem.

If you define desire based on lack then truly there is no desire. But why did Gandhi did what he did, he surely must have had a desire for love. Why does Eckhart do what he does, when he is desireless? Why doesn't he just derp around.

Let me define these 2 points.
LACK based desire - illusion, incomplete, needs to be dealt with
INSPIRATION based desire - the expanding driving force of the divine. The most creative expression, the art of life.

"This question comes from the EGO". Don't all questions come from the ego?
Doesn't also ego come from the divine?
Isn't ego itself divine as well?

Now, tell me please if you have such answer - what is an ego? What is an ego from your experience? And more so, why do you dismiss the question of intention?
And to be fair, I will define what I meant by the intention.
By intention I mean a "genuine" desire.
"genuine" desire = will to experience, sort of "oh this is cool let's do this"
@Nahm IF meditation serves no purpose then why you do it. I am genuinely asking for the answer. Why?

My intention with meditation is to calm the mind of all thoughts - to then transfer that to other situations where I am identifying myself with a label or projection, while simultaneously using those labels and projections to draw out other issues that need to be addressed.

"Let go, let go, let go."

And I do, and then insights appear, and sometimes flow states.
You make good points that I didn't think about.  Identifying with the outcome of meditation.

"No outcome, just sit.  Let energies flow.  Feel them, where they need to move through.  Breath."

Almost there... not quite.  Still very new to meditation.  Can you meditate without intention??

@Martin123 Maybe I should rephrase this - without attachment to outcome.  Expectation.  Resistance?  That's a better word for it.

I don't think I quite understand where you're coming from when you say that someone cannot exist without intention, can you elaborate?

@Whywolf Oh intention and outcome are very different.
You can still have an intention and be fully detached from an outcome. 
There is an intention behind your life, just as there is an intention behind every action you take, so there surely must be an intention behind your habit of sitting down quietly. Intention is something non-needy, something that allows willingness to experience. That is what I Mean by intention.
One more thing about the intention.
You are not the origin of the intention. Yet it is there.

Edited by Martin123

16 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@Whywolf I doubt you can exist without intention.

Perhaps it's the other way around.  Intention needs a source and target for it to occur, and so intention cannot exist without its source being conscious.

On 2/5/2017 at 11:08 AM, Martin123 said:

The intention  
Why do you what you do?

I enjoy it. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@jse Let me rephrase. I doubt one can exist in a 3D reality without an intention

On 2017-02-05 at 5:08 PM, Martin123 said:

The intention behind meditation is a bigass thing in my experience.

My experience is to not overthink this and let some period of time show if the intentions behind it were valid.