puporing

Near Death Experience with 5-meo-dmt

61 posts in this topic

My shaman says that you are in potential danger above 15 mg.   It affects your respiratory and cardiac systems.  Bufo is even more complex because it is only from 5 to 15% 5-meo, and has other glucocorticoids that affect the heart.  Also, be careful of some sources that mix DMT in with the 5-meo.  I have learned to microdose Bufo.  By combining a 2mg microdose with shamanic breathing, it is as powerful as a full dose.  What is it that you want from the medicine and are you getting what you want?  Treat it with respect and only enter within ceremony.  First cleanse youself with palo santo or mapacho.  Have an alter which is meaningful to you.   I tell myself:  "My purpose for taking this medicine is to go to the present moment to be in inner peace and love".  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict Thanks for sharing that. I was honestly in a very good state when entering into it (calm and neutral, open). Just took too much. Yes I think that lines up with my experience too, I have been having some chest pain since, it's going away now. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Definetly solidified in my mind to start with 5mg for me when I take my first dose. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

5 hours ago, kamwalker said:

For me panic sets in when I realize the dose of whatever I took was stronger than what I anticipated. It's a feeling of impending doom and it feels like the physical self is going to be vanquished. There's a very brief window where I can either freak the fuck out or understand that I just need to go with the flow and ride it out. If I can do the latter then everything is fine obviously. I haven't had a freak out in a very very long time because I keep my doses low. Unfortunately with new and potent substances it's hard to know what that dose will be for you. 

There is nothing worse than that moment when you realize it's coming on way too strong and you're actually completely losing control of your body and mind...

The worst trip I had... I remember putting my hands to my head as it was coming on way harder than normal (I have like, triple digit uses so that's intense), and it felt like about 6 hands were on me and then I proceeded to genuinely lose my mind, masturbate and throw spit over the walls while shrieking in terror.......

@RMQualtrough wtf I'm sorry you had to go through that.. sounds really tough. 

Also I think I'm still tripping on this a bit, I can feel it lol..

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

@puporing Expect reactivations in your sleep.

Don't fret over it. It's good stuff.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Yeah, it can feel like your dying. 

Best thing to do in that situation is… bye bye ? (Surrender)

then

♾❤️♾

Just breath and let go. What you thought was ego death… likely wasn’t ego death.

Even after many trips I have really scary experiences as well. It’s a freaky thing to realize but, when it lands properly and you accept it. It’s sort of like… well of course that exists. 

Edit: I am speaking from my own direct experience. It should be said that people can have dangerous reactions to these substances and you may be in danger. You are better off coming out of a trip alive and doing what you need to do to feel safe.

5meo is really really fucking powerful. It's not a mushroom trip. It can leave you puking, disoriented, passed out etc. And, if can feel terrifying. You can also do weird things like yelling, or hurting others if you are moving around disoriented. 

So, do proper preparation and take full responsibility. Safety first.

However, it can also feel ike you are dying and you resist it and get scared... in those circumstances you are better off surrendering and enjoy it.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art no it's not simply ego death with this one, was a physiological thing. But whatever not gonna debate you here.

I didn't go on that trip to end my life you weirdo. I am not suicidal by any means and that's not why I do psychedelics. If you don't got anything good to say best to not say it to someone who just had an NDE.

I didn't post this for someone's empathy, simply to tell people this could happen if they're not careful with dosages. You are welcome to do your own thing than wasting your time derailing someone's thread.

Edited by puporing

@puporing Hmm, Perhaps that is what it was. I can't deny it. 

I think, reframe my post as... I've experienced similar things and I Personally surrendered to it. I found by letting go of my ego I was able to break through. Though, I felt like I was dying during the trip. Glad you are okay.

Perhaps you'll read what I wrote on a different day and see I wasn't trashing it from my perspective.

The Ego death of 5meodmt is not like shrooms.

The amount you took was not a lethal amount for most people.. or anyone... from my research.

Regardless, hope you are recovering and are okay. I appreciated the post and the warning as I have had similar experiences. I don't really know what happened to you. It just sounds weird because the amount you took isn't known to be a lethal dose for most people. And, the fear you speak about and the feeling of dying is something I have experienced. I have fought it, and I have surrendered to it.

No trashing of threads intended. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art I did surrender in the sense that I let it work its way through. But I wasn't gonna let it just take my life like that. Of course you decide for yourself in those moments. In this case it felt like if I didn't fight to keep my breathing I could really be gone, and that's not what I wanted.

11 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I found by letting go of my ego I was able to break through.

How many times do I have to say it? It was not an ego death trip. I have died plenty of times already but still functional with my body for the most part (let alone the ability to breathe and have awareness). You're just diluting my experience. Please stop and leave me alone.

Edited by puporing

@puporing I am glad you are okay. I've seen all kinds of reactions to the substance. 

People really do need to be careful.

But, also. It's 100% ego death and a radically different state of being. The Ego death is not that of mushrooms or anything else. I personally like the dying feeling. 

◭"89"

@puporing Okay, I respect your experience. I was just sharing mine.

I think you did the right thing.

Safety first.

I won't respond to this thread again.

◭"89"

@Thought Art You're totally missing the point. I said it was not just an ego death. Why are you still talking here?

@puporing I've never tried to argue it wasn't just an ego death. In fact, I am going through a process of understanding, contemplating and recontextualizing and allow multiple interpretations. 

51 minutes ago, puporing said:

@Thought Art

I didn't go on that trip to end my life you weirdo. I am not suicidal by any means and that's not why I do psychedelics.

People generally don't. I didn't assume you were trying to commit suicide.

I have taken it to experience a total ego death. Which, can feel like I am dying. I know you are upset with me given your interpretations of my post. But, I don't like being called a weirdo of people assuming I am coming here with a bad intention. I am someone who has done many trips, and I think I would like to be spoken to in a respectful way.

I consider myself relatively loving and have peoples best interests at heart...

Glad you are okay. I've seen people have really bad reactions to these substances. People can totally lose function, not know where they are, have trouble breathing, spit everywhere, puke.... ego death can be totally disorienting and cause panic, heart rate, puking, etc... I don't know what aspect is the chemical and what aspect is ego death. It's hard because we all have different genetics. 

I can see someone dying potentially if they are not careful. 

5Meodmt is dangerous.

Sometimes I need time to expand my thoughts and reference experiences. I think you know your own direct experience.

--- Will not respond. I actually really like Puporing  and feel sad she is speaking to me like this... Best.

Consider reading what I wrote when you are less triggered and times gives you a chance to recontextualize. I believe you.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art again, you've been trying to downplay and dilute my experience over and over. Not a good way to start a discussion. I was not just "struggling to breathe", I was hyperventilating (like suffocation) and my awareness was disappearing. Of course you're just gonna downplay this also. Nice try acting like a victim.

I am done talking to you about it and one more time please leave me alone.

Edited by puporing

3 hours ago, Thought Art said:

What you thought was ego death… likely wasn’t ego death.

This is why people end up overdosing or traumatizing themselves. Chasing an alleged "further place" that doesn't actually exist...

Definitely found that with the n,n-DMT "community". In those communities, it's mostly careless people playing with fire and advising everyone else do the same.

@RMQualtrough yep.. just comes in here and gaslight the shit out of all the other trips I had and this one. And expects me to act nice about it? I am not fooled by someone's aggression disguised as "help". Classic manipulation game.

Edited by puporing

50 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

This is why people end up overdosing or traumatizing themselves. Chasing an alleged "further place" that doesn't actually exist...

Definitely found that with the n,n-DMT "community". In those communities, it's mostly careless people playing with fire and advising everyone else do the same.

You guys are projecting. I meant to say, if you are doing mushrooms, the degree of ego death is less than 5meodmt. I don't really think thats arguable. I haven't encouraged her to do more, or any higher doses. Your mind assumed things I haven't said. Do I know if she actually had a bad reaction or it was just scary? NO! So, I have done nothing wrong. Your an adult. Take care of yourself.

I've very clearly laid out that:

1. I agree with her

2. 5meodmt is dangerous

3. She did the right thing.

I can't say anymore. Ya'll can enjoy demonizing me though. 

Lol what do I have to be aggressive about ahaha :D

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

You did not start with all that, you started with debating about "ego death", wtf? And now because you edited your posts you are claiming you did no such thing and we're just "demoninzing" you? That's some twisted shit.

Ask yourself why you're creating this drama and no one else has on this thread, you think you had nothing to do with it?

Edited by puporing