StarStruck

Disgust in LOC

9 posts in this topic

Where in the scale does it fit? Definitely <200 LOC, but I couldn't pinpoint it.

Levels%2520of%2520Consciousness%2520NHS%

According to the model below, it is in the same category as Anger. Around 150 or so.

unknown.png

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Vincent S that is what I thought. Anger is a result of not getting what we want or getting what we don’t want like some food we don’t desire. 

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

@Vincent S that is what I thought. Anger is a result of not getting what we want or getting what we don’t want like some food we don’t desire. 

Anger can also arise as a reaction to getting hurt.

Can you refer to the source of the scale you posted?

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Yes. Anger is associated like all the other low LOC's with control. It's all about control. It's a subtle emotion that teaches you more about your beliefs about yourself and reality than anything else.

For example, as long as you care about reputation you will always succumb to anger in some form. 

As long as you think some things are bad, again you always succumb to anger in some form.

The reason consciousness is associated with all this because our true nature is absolute love, but the further we are not in tune to this the more miserable we will be. It's why I keep saying...we create our own suffering and we are the solution as well. Just have to turn inward. I'll admit there are some things that can make the process easier though.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

anger is, i need you to change since i am unwilling to

envy is, what you have is what i want

jealousy is, what you are is what i should be

Anger can also be a healthy reaction to having your boundaries violated.

14 hours ago, Batman said:

Anger can also arise as a reaction to getting hurt.

Can you refer to the source of the scale you posted?

It is called LOC

14 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Yes. Anger is associated like all the other low LOC's with control. It's all about control. It's a subtle emotion that teaches you more about your beliefs about yourself and reality than anything else.

For example, as long as you care about reputation you will always succumb to anger in some form. 

As long as you think some things are bad, again you always succumb to anger in some form.

The reason consciousness is associated with all this because our true nature is absolute love, but the further we are not in tune to this the more miserable we will be. It's why I keep saying...we create our own suffering and we are the solution as well. Just have to turn inward. I'll admit there are some things that can make the process easier though.

IQ and EQ compliment each other so well. My EQ is very low, mostly because we learn EQ skills in our youth from our parents. If the parents were controlling, the child will be controlling too. Being a control freak or wanting too  much control than necessary is an overcompensation: we had no control in the past so we want it now what we didn't have as a child.

For example: I absolutely hate cheese. I still find it disgusting. Why? My parents forced me to eat cheese. Not eating cheese has become a way of rebellion and having some control of my choices.
In other words: not eating cheese = having autonomy.

Perhaps I really don't like cheese and I really don't but there is definitely a component that is also trauma related about me not eating cheese. Sometimes I think a pizza would taste great but I just won't touch it because of my trauma.

Disgust is also related to survival. We disgust things, like foods/substances that are in odds with out health. For example eating plastic is disgusting because it doesn't give us any nutritions. Having sex with an unattractive sex partner is disgusting because of her bad genes and so on.