Jarrad3000

Mushroom Trips vs Shamanic Breathing

13 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone,

Please let me know if there’s a better thread to put this in. So I had my first mushroom trip last Sunday. It was about 2g of golden teacher. I ate it, snorted some rapé, set my intention, and started meditating. No music, no tv, just a candle, a blanket, a blindfold, and complete silence save for some birds chirping. It was honestly amazing, no nausea, no headaches, just bliss. It was strange though because I told a few people and they asked if it was fun and oddly enough, the answer was no. I tried to explain that it was for spiritual insight so while it was a glorious experience it wasn’t necessarily “fun”. I’m actually happy about that because I realize the mushroom’s function in spiritual development. It’s not like weed to where you may be tempted to do it more. I still have another 2g and don’t feel any rush/pull to take them anytime soon. It’s kinda weird because after that experience I truly see why they’re considered sacred and it’s just funny how people use them for leisure, missing out on all of the insight they bring, both consciously realized and not. It’s also weird because I thought I’ve never “properly” tripped before, but I realized I have tripped after doing the Shamanic Breathing exercise where you pretty much hyperventilate into a trip effect. I’ve done this a few times before and have enjoyed it. I guess my question is, is there a way to make shamanic breathing “stronger”? I realized the main difference was the engagement with “voice” or with your Self wasn’t as strong with the shamanic breathing. I understand mushrooms are a shortcut, but when I do the breathing, I’ll feel the effects of a trip,  but not really an engagement with Self. The longest I’ve done is an hour and I usually try to do 45 minutes. After I stand up, I’ll usually ‘trip” for like 10 minutes. I get a few insights both while breathing and the slight trip afterwards, but whereas the trip felt like a full conversation with an entity that’s engaging back with you, the breathing is more like looking at flash cards. I know I can try to do it longer and on a more frequent schedule, but could I ever develop it to be as strong as a mushroom trip? I understand that it may not since a mushroom is a true psychedelic, but I’m just curious as to if anyone has had a mushroom-like trip from just breathing. Sorry for the long post, but this has been in the back of my mind for a few days. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Jarrad3000 said:

but could I ever develop it to be as strong as a mushroom trip?

No.

There is no substitute for the underlying chemistry. Mushrooms are crazy powerful. If you were able to get that effect sober you would be classified as insane.

If you want the effect of mushrooms, take mushrooms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

There is no substitute for the underlying chemistry. Mushrooms are crazy powerful. If you were able to get that effect sober you would be classified as insane.

I love this response ....lol if he could do it he would be classified as insane!!! Lol love it!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:
6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

I love this response ....lol if he could do it he would be classified as insane!!! Lol love it!!!

xD Yes... might not be desirable if you wanna be "functional"...

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 5/27/2022 at 0:20 PM, puporing said:

might not be desirable if you wanna be "functional"

It's hard to complete basic life functions on mushrooms. I once tried to record my mushroom trip and it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to press the record button on my camera. Logical stuff stops making sense.

You'd die pretty fast if you were on a permanent mushroom trip.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to press the record button

That sounds like a pretty intense trip lmfao. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's hard to complete basic life functions on mushrooms. I once tried to record my mushroom trip and it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to press the record button on my camera. Logical stuff stops making sense.

You'd die pretty fast if you were on a permanent mushroom trip.

A shaman taught me how to focus my energy to get out of a trip.  I now can be in a deep journey and pull out of it long enough to go to the bathroom and then go back in.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Just now, Jodistrict said:

A shaman taught me how to focus my energy to get out of a trip.  I now can be in a deep journey and pull out of it long enough to go to the bathroom and then go back in.  

That's interesting, I've never had trouble going to the toilet even on intense trips (maybe a bit wobbly to walk), it was just always funny whenever I did go during trips.. toilet & toilet paper were part of the dream I am in and I just laugh so hard at the thought of having to use the toilet, and them being this 'real thing'.

1 hour ago, Benton said:

@Leo Gura Where you aware of this study showing increased amounts of naturally secreted DMT in the urine samples of schizophrenics?  Same goes for a few other disorders.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1070024/#:~:text=DMT was detected in the,and 5% of normal subjects.

It's not so simple because studies also seem to show that if you give LSD to schizophrenics they say that the LSD trip is not the same as their schizophrenia. But if you give the meth it deepens their schizophrenia. So schizophrenia is not merely a psychedelic state.

51 minutes ago, Benton said:

@Leo Gura An odd correlation though. I wonder what it means. It's obvious that someone with a mental disorder isn't functioning so smoothly as a mystic. Or is as conscious as one.

They are conscious in a different way.

But I wonder if we would also find more naturally secreted DMT in the urine of mystics.

Likely, although I think it is a mistake to only look for DMT. There could be many other tryptamine molecules responsible for mystic consciousness. You'd have to test for them all.

Also I know more people who have had psychotic breaks from DMT than LSD. To be fair they foolishly mixed it with unsafe substances. DMT is not a very similar experience to LSD for me at least.

Well, DMT is more potent usually in the way it is taken.

On 5/27/2022 at 8:43 AM, Leo Gura said:

How about for DMT. Can you get that effect sober if you keep thinking about it?

@Benton Fascinating post! I love seeing other people's perspectives on psychosis vs experiences with God. 

???????

4 minutes ago, Benton said:

@Proserpina Thanks!

As far as I can tell recognizing "other" as self is a big step in figuring it out. Everything makes a lot more sense for me knowing that it is all me. Being actually conscious of it is necessary though. Consciousness is required for understanding.

Psychosis: lost in content.

God: Aware as all. 

I agree.

???????