Preety_India

You don't become spiritual by writing walls of text?

34 posts in this topic

Why is it that you're automatically someone great spiritually if you wrote long walls of text on a topic? 

You could say one word and still sound wise

I sometimes read walls of text and I feel totally clueless because all that I read is just word salad and some more word salad. 

Intellectual narcissism much!!!!!!!!!! 

I don't care if you write one word or an essay 

If you're a loving person, that matters not your word garbage 

Enough spiritual superiority lol. 

Tired of this. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Perceiver's choice to look at a text and see it as spiritual narcissism, or to see the love, time, effort and diligence being put in by the writer.
Sometimes it's actually so impersonal, the text being written; as if the writer is processing the information for themselves - that it almost becomes personal for the reader/audience.

If you feel like it's targeted or being too much, try to look at it from a different perspective. It might not be so personal after all ;) (relative)

You can also take it to the next level, go a bit more meta, and realize that whoever is writing and reading these posts, is the same perceiver. But you would have to open your sense of Self more and more, and realize the Love behind Everything. That it is all you :x (absolute)

Same thing with this text above, you can look at it being narcissistic and trying to be "better" than you. Or you can realize that it's an Invitation for you/me, to expand our perspectives and realize the Oneness/Togetherness that is permeating all of it, Right Now ^_^

Edited by Vincent S

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Why is it that you're automatically someone great spiritually if you wrote long walls of text on a topic? 

I don't experience that. For example Leo writes very shortly most of the times. Some of the best users (in my opinion) write very concisely. And it is often the case in my experience that if someone write long walls of text he actually gets accused of mental masturbation on the forum.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

If you're a loving person, that matters not your word garbage 

Yes. Also love the ones that write long texts.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@Vincent S @Arthogaan

I'm an emotional person. I give value to emotions. When someone is having an emotional outburst, I don't judge it negatively. 

Why is everyone so nerdy on this forum? 

If anyone expressed emotions, they are judged as juvenile, childish and low conscious. I find this seriously detrimental. 

Being expressive and emotional, I find it very liberating and open minded, speaking from the heart. I don't think it's childish or low conscious at all. It's just another mode of expression. 

Spirituality can be what you make of it and what it means to you. 

It's not that if you're spiritual, you should look like a mango tree all the time. 

You can be a bubbly, highly expressive, animated, emotionally raw, charged and still be high conscious and spiritual? 

Really who decides all these rules around what is spiritual and what's not? 

Isn't this just another bias and another form of moralizing 

I want to rebel and break this ceiling that you have to act and behave like a Saint/Yogi to be spiritual. 

It is smothering me. 

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I give value to emotions.

Yeah, me too.

11 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I find it very liberating and open minded, speaking from the heart. I don't think it's childish or low conscious at all. It's just another mode of expression. 

Spirituality can be what you make of it and what it means to you. 

Dude, I once experienced during DMT trip that my Higher Self is literally a cute dog called "waf waf" and that he is a cute genius. 

You made a post, we commented to offer you some perspective. Isn't it cool? Isn't it love? We love you. That's why we responded. No one judged you. 

16 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I want to rebel and break this ceiling that you have to act and behave like a Saint/Yogi to be spiritual. 

It is smothering me. 

Well, I like to channel the vibe of a Saint/Yogi. I like that taste and it is my choice let's say. Do not judge me for being like that. Try to see the love in it. You can not agree, but I promise you that what I responded was with the best intentions for you, because I want the best for you.

And yes, emotions are important. But discipline and sometimes seeing through them is also important. And it just so happens that at some level the spirituality demands from you to be sometimes disciplined with your reactions. So yes, there is some bias. But that too is done with the best intentions.

12 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

You made a post, we commented to offer you some perspective. Isn't it cool? Isn't it love? We love you. That's why we responded. No one judged you. 

This ^_^

12 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Dude, I once experienced during DMT trip that my Higher Self is literally a cute dog called "waf waf" and that he is a cute genius. 

I love you Waf Waf :x

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

@Arthogaan why do you love me the way I don't want to be loved.

Why are you loving me the way you want to love me? 

Watch Leo's video on what it means to be loved or feel loved. 

@Arthogaan why can't you love me for who I am and at the same time expecting me to love you back as you are. 

Yet I shouldn't be loved for who I am? 

So you get your end of the deal meanwhile I'm left thirsty for your love 

This is a bitter deal. Nice for you, not nice for me. 

Give me selfish love or don't give me love at all 

Or accept my selfishness as love, the way Leo said in his video. 

What did I do?

You said that you experience something happening on the forum, and then I commented that I subjectively do not experience that phenomenon on the forum. 

You said we should be loving and that text does not matter, and I just commented that I agree and that we also should try to love even the ones with long texts.

What did I do wrong? I genuinely want to understand. Should I not have commented at all if I had a different perspective?

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

why can't you love me for who I am and at the same time expecting me to love you back as you are. 

I love you the way you are. I watched the video. I do not want you to follow my agenda. I just share my perspective and you can do what you want with it. 

Just like parents should not force child to be a lawyer. But they can explain to them why they subjectively think that it is a good carrier and why it would be a wise move maybe. Still with love. 

@Preety_India Interesting points. You are right, of course. But do you have to read the walls of text, isn't it your choice to read what you want?
Choose what you feel is love.

@Arthogaan@Arthogaan fine

@Vincent S that wasn't the point. The point was of being judged as low consciousness or high consciousness just because it didn't fit a particular pattern that is acceptable to others. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Vincent S that wasn't the point. The point was of being judged as low consciousness or high consciousness just because it didn't fit a particular pattern that is acceptable to others. 

I see. I'm sorry you feel/felt that way. Hopefully we all become more loving and stop judging low/high consciousness.

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

That is not the case. Spirituality has nothing to do with words or texts, lol.

1 minute ago, Michael Jackson said:

That is not the case. Spirituality has nothing to do with words or texts, lol.

Thank God you agree. 

Spirituality is tbh major cope...

I reckon it's fun (or scary) for people who have some intellectual interest, but I bet a lot of the people who seek help for mental illness and suffering etc aren't ever going to be rid of their ailments. What ends up happening is a person who speaks one way, but their actions are either forced or don't match.

I just pop meds. Job done.

@RMQualtrough I don't want help for my mental illnesses, I embrace them as a part of me. My need for spirituality is my personal goal of my life, I am not using it to solve anything. 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Long walls of text have potentiality to tell about 2 different things. Either it is that you cannot pack your information to more dense form or you just have very holisitic approach and want to look thing more closely from many angles. Holisitic way of processing information is spiritual; at least I would say so. Short answers have their pro sides as well. For example people will read them more likely and there is stronger impact. Still you can't reason someone's "spirituality level" from their lenght of answer.

Who told you that "others" are real?

Who cares if someone is spiritual or not? Being spiritual is just another form of personality. Knowledge of "spiritual matter" does not make any one better or more worthy than the other. Of course you should be accepted and loved for who you are.

I also didn't recognize that members are regarded as worthy or not for how spiritually educated they are. It is actually rather easy to munch on spiritual knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Batman said:

Knowledge of "spiritual matter" does not make any one better or more worthy than the other.

This is a very important and valid point. I have seen a lot of people having great spiritual knowledge but even then they did really hurtful things.

15 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

This is a very important and valid point. I have seen a lot of people having great spiritual knowledge but even then they did really hurtful things.

Yea, this is actually self-deception 101 or spiritual bypassing. If someone is acting in a condescending way because he holds spiritual knowledge, it completely misses the point not only because the volume and quality of knowledge does not represent depth of Consciousness, but also because condensation as a way of relating to an other is based on ignorance and lack of Consciousness.

Edited by Batman