Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Not sure what I just experienced

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

So I would say a week ago or so, I experienced something I hadn't in a long time. I laid in bed late at night and for some reason my mind blacked out. Like it went quiet. Not in the sense of mind voice was gone, but as if I was nothing. Like there was nothing. I hope I make sense when I say these things because that is truly what it felt like. Like my thoughts were just thoughts. I looked around and my walls and windows were just that. Empty space like myself. I felt like I was in an endless pit. I was just trying to sleep and then this happened. I even got a bit teary. I was stressing about so many things and now they were all gone. After a few minutes of intense ''being nothing'' it calmed down and I came back.

The only other time I had experienced something similar was during meditation a year ago. Back when I was very into it (im sorry guys I havent meditated in a while I know you're all ready to cite all the reasons I should start again but just bear with me). During this one particular meditation session I entered ''a state'' I guess where my thoughts went quiet. I literally had 0 thoughts for a solid 4-5 mins and was astounded. It was not even like a special session, I was just going through the daily habit of meditating. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Anyways I guess my question is: what did just happen? Like does it have a name? Was it a state? Or something more?

Edited by Ampresus

13 hours ago, Ampresus said:

I literally had 0 thoughts for a solid 4-5 mins and was astounded.

Sounds like you got a taste of what advanced meditators experience- a state of no mind where you reside in your true original state.

That happened to me precisely in bed before sleeping. total silence, but not forced. the mind is a bottomless well, everything is a bottomless pit. you can think, and thoughts pass. you can say for example: wow, this is, without a doubt. the limitless. I think I'll stay like this. and then a full minute without a single thought. then: how wonderful, that's how it should always be. wealth, life ,or, obviously it's exactly the same be alive or dead...but after a while you start: let's see, this then means that blah blah blah and goodbye, you can't go back there, you're in the eternal chatter again, for days. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

I was contemplating on this and what has happened to you is simply that the ego has been unstuck for 5 minutes. then it got stuck again. the spiritual work is to detach the ego, and it is very difficult. it is always mixed with you. the unstuck ego continues to function, but detached. The problem is that it's like water and ink. At the minimum movement it get mixed again. it is difficult to detach it, you can meditate for hours and it does not happen, but sometimes, spontaneously, it happens. always imo when you have been meditating daily lately. it would be wonderful to be able to take it off in a lasting way, no more is needed to be 100% happy 

I am sure that the solution is serious meditation. I've relaxed my meditation lately, it's time to go back to 3 hours a day 

But we'll, it's not so simple. You have to overcome the fear. It's the fear what does that the water and the ink get mixed again

Edited by Breakingthewall

It could be called a little glimpse of Samadhi. A stilling of the whirlwind of mind.(very common after a lot of meditation)

It can reveal how submerged/identified "everyone" can become with habitual thinking.

❤  

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

A glimpse into the world of nothingness 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.