Steph30

How can I reduce my suffering in spite of physical pain?

6 posts in this topic

Hi. I think everybody here is familiar with the notion of 'pain is inevitable, sufferings is optional'.
I have an autoimmune condition called IBD, in which the immune system attacks the colon and causes ulcers there. Its symptoms are stomach pain, diarrhea, bleeding and fatigue, and it interferes with daily activities.
It caused me great physical and emotional pain.
For the emotional part (not being able to socialize, not being able to show my talent and actualize my full potential, having very strict diet, depending on others in occasions and ...) I almost transcended suffering and I accepted this is the way it is. I gave up on many things, and I'm at the point that I'm almost OK with it.
For the physical part, it is very hard to feel the physical pain and to not suffer. When it hurts it is very very difficult to not feel like a victim and to just feel the pain but not suffer.
I thought about incidences when physical pain is not associated with suffering like when a woman is giving birth to her long awaited child after years of trying, she is feeling extreme physical pain, but she is not suffering and some other examples. But in all of them the pain has a "positive meaning and purpose" so they can endure it without suffering. But in my case, an unfortunate disease, I can't assign any "positive meaning" to the physical pain.
Can anybody help me with this? How do I eliminate or reduce my suffering in this occasion?
Especially those of you who have experienced such conditions, I'm very grateful if you can share your perspective and coping mechanisms

I haven't had very long term pain but just short bursts of intense pain. Resisting to it just makes it worse , accepting and surrendering it in the present moment makes it much better. Read or listen to the power of now: 

You would think that escaping the pain is the way to go but i found going INTO the pain actually reduces it more 

Give yourself the pinch of love. When you pinch yourself on the arm/hand, the pain goes to the arm/hand.

But the pain is not as strong as other pains so you are giving yourself the pinch of love.

Just in case have you tried keto/carnivore diets, fasting and vitamin b1 and synthetic b1(benfotiamine) and b12(b12 methylcobalamin specificaly) and zinc carnosine, bile salts too maybe?
I suggest first doing absolutely everything you can on the physical side.
I'm biased in favor of dr berg because his videos helped me alot but most of all you can find alot of people discussing the same health problems on his comment sections which helps alot:

I also like Dr. Sten Ekberg, don't forget to check the comments for support:

@Steph30 are you aware of how 'pain' is actually produced and maintained physiologically in the body? 

On 5/20/2022 at 4:27 AM, Steph30 said:

Hi. I think everybody here is familiar with the notion of 'pain is inevitable, sufferings is optional'.
I have an autoimmune condition called IBD, in which the immune system attacks the colon and causes ulcers there. Its symptoms are stomach pain, diarrhea, bleeding and fatigue, and it interferes with daily activities.
It caused me great physical and emotional pain.
For the emotional part (not being able to socialize, not being able to show my talent and actualize my full potential, having very strict diet, depending on others in occasions and ...) I almost transcended suffering and I accepted this is the way it is. I gave up on many things, and I'm at the point that I'm almost OK with it.
For the physical part, it is very hard to feel the physical pain and to not suffer. When it hurts it is very very difficult to not feel like a victim and to just feel the pain but not suffer.
I thought about incidences when physical pain is not associated with suffering like when a woman is giving birth to her long awaited child after years of trying, she is feeling extreme physical pain, but she is not suffering and some other examples. But in all of them the pain has a "positive meaning and purpose" so they can endure it without suffering. But in my case, an unfortunate disease, I can't assign any "positive meaning" to the physical pain.
Can anybody help me with this? How do I eliminate or reduce my suffering in this occasion?
Especially those of you who have experienced such conditions, I'm very grateful if you can share your perspective and coping mechanisms

Try “break through pain” by Shinzen Young 

you can also try “break through difficult emotions” by Shinzen Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9XDRe3ck0M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1ny_Q8sKo

Edited by Raze