Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawn Philips

Life purpose shattered by harsh reality? How to cope with grief?

6 posts in this topic

Years ago I watched Leo's life purpose course, and through these years I've been saving all the money I can.

My beautiful purpose was to create an animal sanctuary foundation since I love animals and would be a purpose of service and compassion.

With the money saved in 6 years and some family donations I was willing to take the step to buy a big chunk of land.

Sadly in the old Europe, fertile and plain land is scarce, and really expensive!

The last week I went to see cheap land announced in internet and when I saw it was smaller and with cliffs, dangerous locations or very far away from my family.

During the search I've been informed that in my country I'ts illegal to build in the countryside, even a small cabin to live near the animals, so I should by urban land which is prohibitive.  Also for creating a sanctuary I need to go thru an odissey of bureaucracy, permissions, taxes, licences, that can take years to be aproved by the townhall.

Talk about conspiracy but this looks made to discourage people to achieve these things.

And about the money I'd need to work 2 lives to achieve the money I need. Unless I lived in USA, which I cant without an "unattainable" greencard.

Having this realization has made me really sad and depressed and I have problems sleeping overthinking about possible solutions.

How can I deal with this big disappointment? I feel like a huge loss within myself like when somebody loved dies.

5 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Also for creating a sanctuary I need to go thru an odissey of bureaucracy, permissions, taxes, licences, that can take years to be aproved by the townhall.

Talk about conspiracy but this looks made to discourage people to achieve these things.

Consider these the demons that the hero must slay. It being this difficult is necessary so that it's worth it.

Consider also that if your intentions are really selfless, the universe wants to help you. Examine your false beliefs that create resistance.

5 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

Having this realization has made me really sad and depressed and I have problems sleeping overthinking about possible solutions.

How can I deal with this big disappointment? I feel like a huge loss within myself like when somebody loved dies.

Your cause is definitely noble, but being disappointed by the circumstances will not help you as much as continuing your passion at whatever capacity you can. I don't mean to sound dismissive, because of course, it is alright to feel as you need to. It is only, that whatever opening you have is all you can inherently work within the confines of our physical reality. And somewhere in there, has to be a solution that will reveal itself in time. It may come from an unexpected place or as a collective effort. But, it will certainly come if you don't give up on your desire for a better world, and a better life. Stay alert to all potentials, and never be stressed if the answer is not immediately before you, as of yet.

Edited by Rokazulu

On 5/16/2022 at 0:45 PM, Shawn Philips said:

very far away from my family

It's going to come down to sacrifice.

Trust me that there is a buttload of cheap land out there in pretty much every country. But it's not within a 30 minute drive from cities. For sure in rural Ireland if not in England. Check out Mossy Bottom or The Bridgeman's Cottage on Youtube in addition to Kris Harbour above, probably dozens of other examples I've been following on Youtube for years as they create their life in the wilderness.

But that might mean only getting to see your family a couple times per year if it's what you're really passionate about.

You might not get perfectly flat, clear land. You might have to live in a trailer and spend a couple years ripping out trees and transforming the land to make it suitable first. But if it's truly your life's calling you'll make it work.

On 5/16/2022 at 0:45 PM, Shawn Philips said:

During the search I've been informed that in my country I'ts illegal to build in the countryside, even a small cabin to live near the animals, so I should by urban land which is prohibitive. 

Who informed you of this, it definitely seems like BS. Urban land is going to be way more prohibitive than rural.

There are over 300 zoos in the UK and here is a full list of all the animal sanctuaries in the UK with a phone number for each. How did they all do it? Maybe calling up a few and asking would be a good first step.

Edited by Yarco