thisintegrated

Your Favorite Piano Piece?

49 posts in this topic

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I'm actually a grade 8 pianist. I like playing whatever songs I like the most in general, and Genesis is my favorite band.

I can't sing but I'm alone so singing along is great.

I've played so many songs over the years I really doubt there's one I could really say "yep, that one." But I got huge satisfaction from playing Fifth of Firth start to finish without error. I also really enjoyed playing Toto's Africa, and a lot of the Gorillaz Demon Days songs... Sometimes the best songs are simple, because when they're very difficult you can't yourself enjoy the music as much where you're concentrating so hard on getting the notes right.

Keane is GREAT to play on piano if you can sing high notes. I can't. Lmfao. But I tried... This is the last time is really good.

12 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

I'm actually a grade 8 pianist. I like playing whatever songs I like the most in general, and Genesis is my favorite band.

I can't sing but I'm alone so singing along is great.

I've played so many songs over the years I really doubt there's one I could really say "yep, that one." But I got huge satisfaction from playing Fifth of Firth start to finish without error. I also really enjoyed playing Toto's Africa, and a lot of the Gorillaz Demon Days songs... Sometimes the best songs are simple, because when they're very difficult you can't yourself enjoy the music as much where you're concentrating so hard on getting the notes right.

Keane is GREAT to play on piano if you can sing high notes. I can't. Lmfao. But I tried... This is the last time is really good.

Cool, me too.

Scriabin’s Fifth Sonata! Watch out for the volcanic opening.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

Ravel piano concerto for the left hand

Ravel Gaspard de la nuit

Rachmaninoff piano concerto 3 and 2

Chopin everything (piano concertos, preludes, etudes, nocturnes (I love winter wind))

Beethoven piano concerto 3

Schubert fantasie f moll

Mahler Symphonie no 1

Brahms double concerto for violin and cello

mentioning just a few that came into my mind at the moment