docs20

LSD - how to start?

8 posts in this topic

Greeting everyone!

It's been a while that I've wanted to try psychedelics, LSD specifically, and my only small awakenings were in spontanous lucid dreamings and with contemplation,
But I have several newbie questions, that I would like that some of you might kindly answer. I am also interested in the colorful experience.
I know there is a lot on the internet, but even too much, and I prefer to hear from you guys of this wonderful forum.

• I would like to start with a low dose, how much do you think it should be? I am a male of small build.
  • How to be sure of quality and not getting intoxicated with other stuff?
  • Is it too unsafe to do it without anyone assisting?
  • Any tip to get the most out of the trip spiritually-wise and to get the last ?
  • When buying it should it be consumed immediatly or it can be stored? How and for how long?
  • Also has anyone had the experience of taking it while still being on SSRI medication. In my case I take 1 tablet of Sertraline 100 mg every morning. I was thinking of not taking it 12-24 hours before the trip, since if serotonin levels get to high there is a risk of death or hospitalitazion for Serotoninergc Syndrome. If anyone did it while still being in therapy with SSRI, can they share their experience, please?

Many thanks in advance

Doesn't mix with SSRI's. Do some research and find reports of people who were able to take psychedelics after being on SSRI's -- see how long they took a break before dosing the tab. To my knowledge, the trip is a lot less powerful if one has been on SSRI's, because their serotonin pathways are less sensitive; dependent on exogenous ligands to stimulate the serotonin system effectively.

12 minutes ago, Benton said:

It intensifies it for some people. I have heard both.

That was my experience back when I took lithium. 1g of mushrooms was like 10.

Perhaps. It is definitely the case though that people on SSRI's get less out of MDMA -- witnessed this first hand. But LSD might be different -- I've tripped with several people who were on SSRI's, and they at least definitely seemed to get effects.

Obviously start small 50ug* and go up to 100ug. If it's powerful here (which it should be if you're sensitive like I am) then stay with 100ug until you're ready for 200ug+

Coming to quality, make sure you get it from a reputable source. There're many ways to test LSD which you can find on YouTube.

For the 1st 100ug trip have a trip sitter to assist you and to ground you if it's getting intense. After that for your next trip you many not need a trip sitter.

Usually LSD, by the time it reaches your hand it may have been manufactured few months ago. And it will stay as long as 2 years if you keep it in dry, safe, dark in an airtight package or container.

Aim for breakthrough. You'll know when it's happening. 

Always remember two things

1. LSD is offering what it has to. And I'm here to experience it. Hence, no stress, or thought of giving up. This is very important.

2. Surrender

Good thing to take on empty stomach and have atleast 48hrs of free time. Trip usually lasts for 10-12 hours and will stay mild as long as you fall asleep. Then remaining time you need to give for integration because LSD trip is very long and hard to remember all the insights. Sometimes the trip may feel like eternity.

All the best

27 minutes ago, Benton said:

It has been different for multiple people

I see.

Try 25ug one time, 50ug the next and 75ug the third.

Try to get and understand the effects by reading trips reports before tripping

Edited by Alex_R

I would highly recommend reading books from Stanislav Grof ("the way of the psychonaut" and/or "LSD psychotherapy"), especially if you are planning to do higher doses of LSD. 

I would like to start with a low dose, how much do you think it should be? I am a male of small build.

Research the smallest dose, realistically it will be 100-150 ugs of LSD. The problem with LSD is you don't know who made it, so you have no idea how much is actually on a piece of blotter. I also try 1/4 or 1/2 of one square of blotter before taking a whole one.

How to be sure of quality and not getting intoxicated with other stuff?

You need a testing kit: https://testkitplus.com/product/lsd-test-kit

Is it too unsafe to do it without anyone assisting?

No, its not if you are smart with your dose and set and setting. But having someone will really help.

Any tip to get the most out of the trip spiritually-wise and to get the last ?

Put your phone down, and set an intention for your trip. Put all your attention on realizing that intention (solve a personal problem, realize something, get inspired, etc...) 

When buying it should it be consumed immediatly or it can be stored? How and for how long?

It can be stored but not for too long. If you are trying to store it for over a month, put it in the freezer. Also, only touch it when you are ready to take it. Always cover your blotter paper with aluminum and never touch it with your skin.

Also has anyone had the experience of taking it while still being on SSRI medication. In my case I take 1 tablet of Sertraline 100 mg every morning. I was thinking of not taking it 12-24 hours before the trip, since if serotonin levels get to high there is a risk of death or hospitalitazion for Serotoninergc Syndrome. If anyone did it while still being in therapy with SSRI, can they share their experience, please?

I would not take LSD while taking an SSRI. Very dangerous.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,