thisintegrated

Is astrology complete BS or just mostly?

45 posts in this topic

The reason astrology exists is to give people grounds and suggestions for their identity. It's not predictive of reality, but you can make it reality.

Example: "I'm a Pisces, so I'm super pragmatic and sensitive, and Jupiter is 50 degrees ahead of earth in its orbit, so that means I can't wipe my ass more than 3 times when I shit this week". There I know something about myself with 0 effort put into introspection. Doesn't matter if it was true, it's true now because I believe it.

Edited by Ninja_pig

The times around the full and new moon have a strong effect so that's easy to notice, just pull up the dates and see how different it feels in and outside those periods.

Mostly B.S. / Total B.S.

I think it works like this... you read a list of 10 things about your horoscope... 3-5 are highly like you, 3 are kinda-like you, and 2 really arent...

But you confirmation-bias towards the ones that do, and overlook the others/include them even though not actually accurate...

I say mostly, because lets use Scorpios as example... everybody who knows they are scorpios subconsciously aligns into it, so its like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

My opinion