KoryKat

What way do you meet local likeminded people IRL??

10 posts in this topic

like meeting local people that are interested in this stuff?  Nothing on Meetup I see really... (Im in a smaller metro)... maybe some kind of events? Going to certain venues? Making a TikTok? 

What would yall do? 

-Kory

Edited by KoryKat
Botched title

Bumping cause i didnt have a title really

No luck with that. I may go back to the psychedelic meetup group again.. but last time I went nobody was interested in spirituality, mostly in mental health and having 'interesting experiences'. There's just not many of us out there.

Meditation retreats are too expensive for me.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

May the MERCIFUL GODS look away from my transgression, but honestly I have done most of my meetups through Facebook.
Certainly, there must be other better websites you can find. There is a very high probability of a meetup in your local area. Many like to believe there isn't so they don't have to search as hard, but this is often an excuse to not have to go outside and interact with others. If there really is no meetup in your area, creating a meetup would be extremely beneficial for your community.

1 hour ago, puporing said:

Meditation retreats are too expensive for me.

If you are able to travel far, you can find some retreats that are free!  Which to me, is always the best way to meditate.

22 minutes ago, Rokazulu said:

If you are able to travel far, you can find some retreats that are free!  Which to me, is always the best way to meditate.

Thanks for the suggestion! ? 

I don't really need a group to meditate with and usually prefer to be alone for that. Was just saying if the goal was to meet likeminded people, the price tag is too high (even just travel and hotel lol), and that's not what those retreats are supposed to be for anyways..

But yeah, I think just keep doing stuff that speaks to you and you'll find your people. We're just on a "hard mode" ?. Like this forum is one of the ways. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

When you do your own nose work. Basically you can smell the scent of people that want to actualizing :D

5 hours ago, KoryKat said:

Making a TikTok? 

I have been thinking about this lately and it is make sense.. With hastag people can see you from value you given in to the hastag. Not all actualizer ppl irl anally go in life without entertainment of TikTok.. If you make one let us know! 

@puporing ive seen free zen / meditation centers occasionally in bigger areas

@Rokazulu yeah im dwelling on creating a meetup... thinking ill call it MetaHuman , since Meta is a trending keyword... maybe mention a variety of my interests and tell ppl lets meet up and discuss while walking around a park or something...

@Manusia maybe in the coming couple weeks ill write down some 15 seconds of content around a topic and put out a few... i did just redownload tiktok and i dont recall having content added but multiple people interacting with my channel already... im thinking the bar for entry is low and it is gonna be crazy to internalize that experience like "wow this was easier than i thought!"

Tik tok is banned in my country.

I have social anxiety so I don't do any meetups.

Also meetups can be a bit scary in my city, lots of scams. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.