squarewave

Do any of you practice magick?

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any people on this forum practice stuff like ritual magick, tarot, astrology, invocation or some other esoteric systems/tools?

Do you see any value in exploring those or do you think of it as a consequence of some mental illness?

Check out Psychonaut Field Manual and look up Chaos Magic on wikipedia.... I do a little of that stuff...

And I do some like-Law of Attraction (Napolean Hill "Think and Grow Rich") 

I would call myself a bit of an Occultist (following Alester Crowleys kind of way)

My only "ritual" has been cold showers as a way of surrendering the demon inside to "God" or higher consciousness ,

i just incorporate a bit of techniques/principles from this stuff though in general, 

And there was some crazy fucking David Hawkins videos on the nature of reality as a field of potentiality and you co-create it into actuality... So in that sense, reality is magical to me. We are divine beings (im anti-religious btw) and with the unmanifested imagination, our entire civilization was created.... Magick is just like "willing into existence" to me... And I just lean on ideas like Terrence McKenna talking about shamans chanting visions together as one shared vision like using a method of ritual for making it REAL AS POSSIBLE (to me) , so ive wanted to create a shrine to the identity of my higher self and work on devoting myself to that shrine like praying to it.

Personally I dont believe in any woo-woo, there is just SO MUCH GOD DAMN POWER in the mind and supercomputer of the subconscious and reassembling my inner sense of identity /beliefs according to what I really really really want , but mostly dont be consciously aware of... So i am like checking out the Hermetic Corpus of the Greeks now (WHICH IS MINDBLOWING BTW) 

@KoryKat "

Hermetic Corpus of the Greeks now (WHICH IS MINDBLOWING BTW)" 

Can you elaborate? What is mindblowing about these old legends

Magic is just being able to tune into and manipulate different energy frequencies, at will. It produces an effect because this physical reality is the projection/reflection of processes that takes place on atomic/electronic levels. The level of mastery in this field directly correlates with the level of connectedness one has with their own self - the more in tune with yourself you are, the higher the scope of the effect of your will is going to be, hence the famous “know thyself”. IMO anyone interested in the occult should focus on learning who they are first, instead of studying different methods/practices (the information os certainly available, and in abundance) and getting themselves into all kinds of trouble (especially nowadays with necromancy becoming most popular). The wanna-be practitioners rarely progress beyond the level of household magic tricks whose scope is quite shallow and limited. Primarily because they drop it like it’s hot the moment they experience contact with something that is way beyond their comfort zone. 

It’s also been popularized by the mainstream as something cool and edgy, sometimes romanticizing it with the notion of ethereal forest white magic fairies showering everything around them with love, or the opposite - giving it an air of dark secret mystical forces that one can have to gain power and control to rule over the world.

In terms of mental illness- it can be a consequence, for sure. Meaning that amateurs can go insane. It can also be a consequence in a sense that someone is already mentally not there and is drawn to all kinds of magical thinking imagining certain powers/abilities etc. when in reality that’s just them being delusional and out of touch with reality.

Very high levels of concentration + sex magick + (optional: drugs, ideally psychadelics but even unhealthy ones can be used to manifest) = you can easily get whatever you want.

For me if your interest is here, study modern day shamanism, and learn the effects of every single plant on earth. Its practical, you can use the knowledge in a modern career, a personal hobby capacity, or for mystical uses should you go down that path. Nature also balances you out naturally, so you avoid a lot of the pitfalls of coming from a more egoic or selfish place may present you. It also can be something you do in nature or from the comfort of a warm room and benefit those around you. Like mastering anything it can bring you to a similar point all people mastering a trade, craft, or discipline reach. All is self, interpreted however they interpret that.

I think until you've fully hit stage yellow in its entirety, and you don't display the stage green emotional outbursts or resistance to others perspectives that I still have time to time. Then all magik or ritual is going to do is point you at yourself, especially the bits you hate the most and give all the attention to in hopes that one day you'll integrate it. 

Ritual is incredibly powerful. Ritual can be a yoga routine in the morning. It can be practice. It can be study. It can be alignment or awakening. It can be dreamwalking into other realities by setting routines before you sleep. It can cultivating a spiritual practice and gift whatever that is. Third eye, inner ear, speaking with spirits. All is your mind, so anything here now, or that once existed can be perceived in another form.

Edited by BlueOak

On 06.04.2022 at 3:09 PM, BlueOak said:

For me if your interest is here, study modern day shamanism, and learn the effects of every single plant on earth. Its practical, you can use the knowledge in a modern career, a personal hobby capacity, or for mystical uses should you go down that path. 

Thank you for a reply) Can you cite any particular resources for that kind of knowledge? 

@Michal__ Oh hell yes. I have used sex and drugs to manifest some of my deepest desires and cravings and at some point it felt like a deal with a devil. 

I pretty much saw the all powerful devil/god that I am without any filter. But it did put me on the right track because before those fantasies came to reality I had an obsession with them. No, I didn't get purified or banish the demon, but now I know the true power of intention.

"Be careful what you wish for it might come true" hits different now.

My dad was a shaman so I grew up very "open minded" to these kind of things. There are a lot of metaphysical truths in these "magic" practices. However, I have noticed one have to be very careful on these because you can just blindly trust them putting them above your own criteria and in a way you give them your power. There are VERY ABSTRACT foundations behind things like tarot. I would suggest doing some type of research on some metaphysical "universal" properties. Like the kybalion.