Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

Do psychedelics hold value for someone doing pickup and career work?

12 posts in this topic

Would it be valuable because of the perspective it gives you or is it not worth it because of their ambition-destroying nature?

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

@Bob Seeker

Psychedelics will help with becoming an emotionally and spiritually healthy attractive man. They will help you see that life is your creation. They will help break patterns that were limiting you. They will help with opening your heart to intimacy, romance and healthier relationships. All of which can certainly lead to success with dating.

It is extremely unlikely psychedelics will help you become some sort of pua master. Not because you couldn’t per say, but because it likely won’t be of much interest to you at that point. You’ll crave depth and quality, not just quantity.

Being a pua master does not equal being a healthy, attractive man. It is quite possible to be very good at pua and have very little consciousness. In fact, in some cases you could argue low consciousnesses helps you.

The good news though is that psychedelics do not “destroy ambition”. Such a thing is not possible nor healthy to desire. What they do is simply reveal what you actually want.

When that happens, old delusional things you wanted may, or may not, fall away. Either way, it’s only a byproduct of awareness. So you don’t have to worry about psychedelics ultimately ruining your fun or getting rid of something you want. 

1 hour ago, aurum said:

When that happens, old delusional things you wanted may, or may not, fall away. Either way, it’s only a byproduct of awareness. So you don’t have to worry about psychedelics ultimately ruining your fun or getting rid of something you want. 

True, but they may ruin your fun when you have to face the fact that your current ambitions are hollow. If I lose interest in Personal development I may go further than I can handle into spiritual territory and then get scared from the reality of losing the, be it, hollow, ambitions and then backlash and then feel like I wasted time after default to normal. It could waste time and opportunity. This is my concern. In other words, trying to grow too fast.

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

34 minutes ago, Bob Seeker said:

This is my concern. In other words, trying to grow too fast.

I get it. You don't want to skip steps and maybe miss some important things at the lower stages.

What I'm saying is that it's ultimately a baseless fear. More alignment with yourself can only bring in more things that you are actually wanting.

In practice, I've never seen anyone grow too fast. I've seen people act like they're more grown than they are. But actually growing up happens exactly as fast as it should.

You can spiritually bypass and pretend you don't want what you want. But that's just more mis-alignment. If that's the truth, what psychedelics should reveal to you is that you've been spiritually bypassing your needs. And that you need to go handle that.

Of course, none of this is to say you have to do psychedelics. Psychedelics may or may not be right for you right now, I don't know.

The point is that it's only from truth that we can really make good decisions. Bullshit yourself if you want, but it's going to cost you.

1 hour ago, Bob Seeker said:

@aurum so ultimately you would say that psychedelics would not throw you off your game if you are taking truly productive actions?

Correct. Assuming they are used responsibly and not abused or misinterpreted, psychedelics show you truth. Truth can only add to your alignment. Alignment can only add to you getting what you want.

The only caveat here is that you may be surprised what it is you actually want. If we’ve been looking at the world through a lens of wounding and fear, then seeing truth can change our priorities. But that will still be a choice you make when ready. No one can force you into that, not even yourself.

Raising your consciousness will always be of more value than anything else when it comes to relating to other humans, either romantically or as friends! 

I would hesitate to recommend them to everyone to improve in these areas of their lifes.

Because we are all unique characters with different sets of experiences, DNA, resilience and whatever.

But in general. Yeah they can be very valuable.

Just make sure to balance it out and work on all pillars.

If you go deep into psychedelics they will undermine your rat race materialistic pursuits and goals, as those goals will start to seem irrelevant and meaningless -- which of course they are, but that's not what you wanna hear.

Psychedelics can strip your entire life of meaning, so watch out. But they also lead to Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you go deep into psychedelics they will undermine your rat race materialistic pursuits and goals, as those goals will start to seem irrelevant and meaningless -- which of course they are, but that's not what you wanna hear.

Psychedelics can strip your entire life of meaning, so watch out. But they also lead to Truth.

What if i need to use them to get rid of my neurosis? (body image, self steem, etc).

Do you still recomend them or should i do another type of work? I'm in my twenties