Buba

Do psychedelics heal?

10 posts in this topic

Why do you do psychedelics? Did they heal you? Did they change your life? If not then do you do psychedelics just for short lived fun/experience?

Edited by Buba

LSD healed my low self esteem. It can be very dangerous If you are not ready and don't know what you are doing though. Be careful.

As a general rule of thumb I like the the quote. 

" Don't go looking for psychedelics, let the psychadelics find you " 

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

They can provide powerful insights into self and mind, which facilitates transformation of the individual. They can also reveal deeply buried subconscious material that you hide from your self because you don't want to confront with. They can provoke powerful ego death, which will reveal your true identity. They can also encourage creativity, connection to other and environment, clarity of thought and perception, forgiveness, compassion, and many other traits that are inherent to your nature but are buried under the plethora of concept you regard as your self.

They are not magic pill, definitely. Truth and insights which gleaned under the effects of psychedelics must be assimilated in day to day life by you. Even though many psychonauts claim that psychedelics transformed their life, it is rarely the case. Mostly, even after amazing trips, the mind will reassemble back to its prior architecture. Unless the trip is integrated via letting go of old patterns, psychological treatment, contemplation and meditation - it will remain as experience. A mind opening experience, perhaps, but not a life transforming one. Permanent and healthy transformation comes about through persistent process, not the temporary experience activated by the absorption of external molecular structures.

This is not to say, that you cannot create a positive and persistent transformation right now, "off the bat". It is actually possible, but this possibility is rarely accessed.

9 minutes ago, Batman said:

They can provide powerful insights into self and mind, which facilitates transformation of the individual. They can also reveal deeply buried subconscious material that you hide from your self because you don't want to confront with. They can provoke powerful ego death, which will reveal your true identity. They can also encourage creativity, connection to other and environment, clarity of thought and perception, forgiveness, compassion, and many other traits that are inherent to your nature but are buried under the plethora of concept you regard as your self.

They are not magic pill, definitely. Truth and insights which gleaned under the effects of psychedelics must be assimilated in day to day life by you. Even though many psychonauts claim that psychedelics transformed their life, it is rarely the case. Mostly, even after amazing trips, the mind will reassemble back to its prior architecture. Unless the trip is integrated via letting go of old patterns, psychological treatment, contemplation and meditation - it will remain as experience. A mind opening experience, perhaps, but not a life transforming one. Permanent and healthy transformation comes about through persistent process, not the temporary experience activated by the absorption of external molecular structures.

This is not to say, that you cannot create a positive and persistent transformation right now, "off the bat". It is actually possible, but this possibility is rarely accessed.

<3

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

2 hours ago, SamC said:

LSD healed my low self esteem. It can be very dangerous If you are not ready and don't know what you are doing though. Be careful.

As a general rule of thumb I like the the quote. 

" Don't go looking for psychedelics, let the psychadelics find you " 

I want to do LSD. I have done everything - psychiatrists, antidepressants, psychologists, sport, meditation, psychoanalysis - and nothing helped. I have pus inside which must erupt.

14 minutes ago, Batman said:

A mind opening experience, perhaps, but not a life transforming one. Permanent and healthy transformation comes about through persistent process, not the temporary experience activated by the absorption of external molecular structures.

What kind of process?

Just now, Buba said:

I want to do LSD. I have done everything - psychiatrists, antidepressants, psychologists, sport, meditation, psychoanalysis - and nothing helped. I have pus inside which must erupt.

I say it again. Be careful. If you are not ready and take to much it can fuck you up. I had an amazing experience, but it still was a lot to stomach, and I only took half a dose, half a tab. Start of slow.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

1 hour ago, SamC said:

I say it again. Be careful. If you are not ready and take to much it can fuck you up. I had an amazing experience, but it still was a lot to stomach, and I only took half a dose, half a tab. Start of slow.

This pus must erupt. I am afraid low does will not make it.

Edited by Buba

17 hours ago, Buba said:

What kind of process?

Transformation process is accessed via diverse means. If your purpose is to return to who you really are, it is more about letting go or releasing the adopted patterns that dominate your experience. Of course, you can always transform by adopting new patters, which may or may not be useful for your self agenda, but that transformation will be shallow.

You are already you, but we hide this from ourselves and others because we want to manipulate reality to fit our agenda and ideals. You don't have to move a finger to be who you already are. However, we engage in so many activities (thought & behavior patterns) that conceal or hide the real you. The process of bringing all patterns to our cognition - becoming conscious of our unconscious aspect of mind - is the ultimate and deep transformation most "seekers" really strive to. For example, when you become conscious of your aversion from certain activities or specific other because you fear them for some reason, you can let go of this aversion and experience or confront the situation as it is. There are multiple and diverse aspects to the subconscious mind, and bringing all of it to the light of Consciousness is serious work (which I highly recommend).

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/psychiatry/research/psychedelics-research.html

https://michaelpollan.com/books/how-to-change-your-mind/

https://www.netflix.com/gr-en/title/81183477

https://www.netflix.com/gr-en/title/81409016

https://www.netflix.com/gr-en/title/80244690 (1st episode, the healing trip)

And many many more on youtube.

For me personally, psychedelics had a profound healing effect. They are no joke though. Do extensive research and select when, where, what, and who you will do it with, responsibly. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"