lisindel

Self improvement problem

6 posts in this topic

I've been doing personnel development for a while now. A problem I've been warned about was feeling that I am better than others around me. This is my problem, I do feel that I'm better than almost everyone around me. Can someone help?

I had that problem. For me at the time helped to consider that
1.  It is not my credit that I was lucky to be born with such a mind, such random set of events and environments that happened to shape me in that way.

2. It is not fault of people that they are less developed.

and the most important realization 3.  IF YOU HAD THEIR MIND, THEIR PAST, THEIR CONDITIONS YOU WOULD BEHAVE EXACTLY THE SAME. So then compassion arises.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

1 hour ago, lisindel said:

I've been doing personnel development for a while now. A problem I've been warned about was feeling that I am better than others around me. This is my problem, I do feel that I'm better than almost everyone around me. Can someone help?

Subscribe to a club for table tennis or other activities and watch how you get destroyed that may bring you back to earth.

At the end of the day, all that matters is if you can line up your thinking with love, or whatever resonates with you. You may feel like a big deal now, but if you're lucky, at some point you will realize that such thinking doesn't improve you, and that it was a big waste of time of doing things so that it would improve your self image. It's better that you don't realize only on your deathbed what a incredible amount of valuable time you wasted with that. At the end of the day, you'll know better, so why not save yourself the struggle and waste of time and stray away from feeling better than another.

If I experience such thoughts, I may do two things: 1) ignore them, don't act on them and just continue choosing action that resonate with you. 2) reach for a better feeling thought about it when it comes up, for example: actually, maybe I'm not much better of than him/her. or, even if he/she is less developed I prefer to love them instead of seeing them as less than me, etc, etc.
It just takes a little time, you got this. And also, don't beat yourself up too much about it, it's fine :)

Edited by Waken

Yes self help makes you cocky, fake and manipulative initially. You need to transcend these traits.

If you ever feel like you're better than everyone around you, it means you're not challenging yourself enough

You should consistently be surrounded by people that you feel are better than you, and learn to feel humble in their presence rather than intimidated by them