Someone here

Death ?

30 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What if death is just imagining?

That's what everyone is saying here:

37 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

In trips, I observe "my body" being cremated in flames, I feel the burns, I see (observe) the flames dancing on "my" corpse, I feel (imagine feeling) the warmth, I sense (imagine) the smell: Even with all that going on: Void-part is still there intact, observing what is being imagined by the mind or observing with detachment

38 minutes ago, Vincent S said:

Its the psychedelic showing you what you imagine to be "your" death. What we believe is the psychedelic trip is what being absolutely conscious is, just that its a smaller taste of it when we "trip" in "real life".

39 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Death isn’t even a thing ultimately

43 minutes ago, Vibes said:

It's all Mind

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Here's an interesting question for  you guys..how do you know that death is even real ? What if death is just imagining? And you never actually die ?

It depends on what you mean by real and imagining and all these Leo Gura words.
Obviously everyone is going to hit some point where they will no longer be alive. How do I know? Well, I don't know per se, but this fact is the second most certain thing we know after existence. You can literally doubt everything, but death still proves to occur all the time. And to say it's imaginary doesn't change the fact that it will happen, all it means is that you are currently thinking about it even though it's not happening to you at the moment.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

12 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Here's an interesting question for  you guys..how do you know that death is even real ? What if death is just imagining? And you never actually die ?

I mean, we already know that death is imaginary.  That’s not even a question.  The question is just what dimension of consciousness are you going to enter into when your entire identity as Someone here dissolves.  The model I’m entertaining lately is that when your physical body “dies”, your ego completely dissolves back into the Infinite where you spend an eternity in perfect Love and wholeness.  This is what the Hindus call “The Pralaya” which is the state you enter into after physical death: Peace, uninvolvement, pure bliss.  I think this is the Light that people experience in near death experiences.  And I think in a weird, strange-loopy non-linear way, we could say that “eventually“ after spending an eternity in your perfect wholeness, you “decide“ to incarnate again or dream up another story.  And that this is a cycle that you as God are doing to sort of pass eternal time with adventure.  You could say that you’re playing an eternal game of hide and seek with yourself.  You get lost in your imaginings thinking that you’re a separate entity going on all these escapades, until you eventually find out it was all just a game you made up, and then you can just have a good laugh.  And then you do it all over again.  

I don’t take this model super seriously though.  Because this makes it sound like it’s some linear cycle where you dream up one life after another in a sequence, but when you enter into the light of eternity, there is no linearity there.  You completely drop out of linearity, so the idea that you enter a new life “after” death is non-sensical.   So I don’t believe there is a model that can really accurately describe what is actually going on here.  The model can only be taken metaphorically. 

And the thing that makes the model even more inaccurate is realizing that you are experiencing that light of eternity even now.  There is no actual difference between this feeling of being incarnate in a body and being in that euphoric light of eternity.  

Alan watts explains this rather beautifully in the first couple minutes of this video:

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

Can you become conscious of what death is without needing to commit suicide ?

There is nothing to become conscious of about death because it's not an experience, it's the end of experience.

Which is exactly what enlightenment is.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, StudentX said:

Death is not an experience, because death is the dis-identification with a particular form, i.e. with thought.

That's why ego-death is death and not at all "flimsy". It's literally death, not some sort of second-order kind of death, it is the death. 

There is absolutely no need for suicide, or for harming the body in any way whatsoever; this would presuppose that you are the body, which is false.

Do NOT harm the body.

To truly die means to understand that you were never alive.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake so your views on death is that when we die we get lights out forever?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Death can never be known, in principle. It's always going to be something understood with abstraction. 

Maybe we've immortalized so many things that we've lost sight of the death that was intrinsic to the moment of a play, or piece of classical music. The moment was an unspoken reminder of death. And without that; our minds try to identify themselves in an immortal contest in an infinity-reputation game. 

Death used to be embedded in the edifice of the experience of art. Without that substrate, now we have to come up with cognitive replacements to something that was never spoken about to begin with. Trying to shape the unspoken, into immortal material versions, that keep us from communing with the death, necessarily attached to the moment of art. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

I'm talking about when the physical body dies .stops breathing and the heart stops beating. So there is a clear boundary between that and some psychological death while maintaining the body's life (to die before you die as they say )

I think that boundary is not that clear. You have an idea of a you. That idea dies, when you have an ego death, and that idea dies when your 'physical' self dies.

Whatever idea you have about your physical nature, that idea dies.

23 hours ago, Someone here said:

To me it seems that the only way to know what death is or what comes after death is by actually dying. You can't know it unless you experience it .is that correct ? Can you become conscious of what death is without needing to commit suicide ?

@Someone here

There exists a possibility to become conscious of what you are on the fundamental level.

What you truly are is an infinite intelligence that is all-inclusive, we call that God.

Once you are conscious of the fact you are God, you realize what everything is. Everything is God, including the table in your room, the idea of a world outside of your room, every sound you hear etc.

Once you realize that you also realize that all these sounds, things, concepts are merely ideas you are imagining right now. Even a physical table is nothing but an idea that you hold inside of your mind (Gods mind).

Therefore, you realize what death is: Merely an idea that you (God) hold inside of your infinite mind. You realize that death is imaginary. You imagine it because it makes your "human life", which is also an idea by the way, seem more real. It makes it more interesting and more tasty if you're not conscious of the fact that you're immortal God, so you imagine yourself to be a mortal human being.