PurpleTree

what are the hypocrisies of the "west"

31 posts in this topic

Saying democracy is best while also complaining about the POS career politician they're now stuck with because the idiot masses elected an idiot.

Complaining is an underappreciated luxury most people take for granted, at least in a democracy we have the privilege to do so without having our head chopped off

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@Knowledge Hoarder

First of all, I have to say I find your response quite disrespectful and childish, and I don't want to engage in a verbal fistfight. I'm not your enemy.

You are right, I don't spend that much time on the forum. I don't know who you mean by "some people". Since you came to a thread about the hypocrisies of the West and your only contribution was an off-topic complaint about Russian propaganda, I assumed you were aiming your response at people in this thread. I have certainly seen some people here spreading Russian propaganda and looking at the issue in a one-sided fashion. What I have seen even more of though is people who are extremely biased towards the Western/NATO perspective, which is not surprising, since that's what we are exposed to every day in our media anyway. Leo even made an entire thread about the Russian perspective because so many people have a hard time understanding it and are only engaging in demonization.

I find it more valuable to expose people here to the Russian perspective and to point out the hypocrisies of NATO simply because this is what most people in the West are lacking. In Russia, it would be the other way round - people there would gain more from exposing themselves to the Western perspective, because all they hear on the news all day is Russian propaganda.

On 19.3.2022 at 1:50 AM, vizual said:

Complaining is an underappreciated luxury most people take for granted, at least in a democracy we have the privilege to do so without having our head chopped off

i do agree but imo we should keep complaining and better ourselves.

imo it gives us a huge advantage if we're self critical in the end over countries who're not.

also i think in the end we have a huge advantage in countries where psychedelics are taken compared to china etc. because of creativity, technology etc. but we'll see how that turns out

although there is probably a balance in countries being self critical enough or too self critical that it becomes detrimental, just like in people

Edited by PurpleTree

On 3/18/2022 at 6:25 PM, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Yeah, no shit. You clearly don't follow some people here, cause then you'd know they have no interest in objectice unbiased criticisms. When confronted with Russian crimes/attrocities, all they manage to do "Oh, I'm so sorry for that, my hearth goes to everyone suffering in that area. Anyway, where was I? Oh, that's right, AmErIcA bAd"

Better response next time, please. NEXT?

It's the other way around.

When the West is confronted with their atrocious past full of crimes and breaking international law on multiple occasions, people say "Aw yeah, that shouldn't have happened.... Anyway... RUSSIA BOOOOO, DIE RUSSIA DIEEE, YO PUTIN IS INSANEE BRO".

Another example of hypocrisy of the West is putting sanctions on Russia, and pressuring others to do the same, but continuing to use their gas and energy resources. 

Edited by somegirl

9 minutes ago, somegirl said:

Another example of hypocrisy of the West is putting sanctions on Russia, and pressuring others to do the same, but continuing to use their gas and energy resources. 

That's not hypocrisy. The sanctions are meant to impact Russia. Obviously not to impact your own economy too much.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

usa is the greater babylon mentioned in the prophecies of end times in bible and usa will collapse soon.

Edited by itachi uchiha

10 African Presidents Assassinated for Refusing to be Western Puppets

british killed 35 million in india in colonialisaton and they got away with it.british killed more than hitler and stalin  and is worse than them. and british genocide of native americans is even worser.  bjp is targeting muslims in india . and african people went through the most suffering.u do not hear anything about this in media. this is not fair

3 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

british killed 35 million in india in colonialisaton and they got away with it.british killed more than hitler and stalin  and is worse than them. and british genocide of native americans is even worser.  bjp is targeting muslims in india . and african people went through the most suffering.u do not hear anything about this in media. this is not fair

ok

18 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

usa is the greater babylon mentioned in the prophecies of end times in bible and usa will collapse soon.

do you really believe in end time "prophecies" and such?