PurpleTree

after effects of covid?

28 posts in this topic

So one side effect is weird.

I've had a pretty strong pain in my left back rib cage for like 5-6 months or so, every time i sneezed or coughed it hurt quite a lot, i even wanted to go to the doctor

but when i got covid like 3 weeks ago this pain went away completely during my few days with covid, so covid kind of healed me from that pain i guess

But i have a really annoying cough since covid though which seems to stick around

how bout you?

idk for sure if I got covid or not, but I think its likely I did considering the symptoms. After I recovered from being sick I had an altered sense of smell/taste. Anything that had vinegar in it had a really awful bleach/chlorine taste to it. I also had clogged up ears for a bit, the pressure in there felt as if I had just come off an airplane. I only noticed these symptoms after I started to recover. First time I've experienced such symptoms from being sick.

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

But i have a really annoying cough since covid though which seems to stick around

Is it painful or is it just phlegm build up? I think phlegm build up is common for a while after being sick

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Annoying cough that doesn't go away, pain in my ribs Everytime I breathe. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

Maybe you're not fully recovered yet, like a low key long COVID.

COVID is a strong hit on your immune system, your body needs extra good care even after the virus is eliminated.

More sleep, high doses of vitamins and antioxidants, less mentally straining activities, less stress.

Do whatever you can to support your body, stop anything that seems to be weakening you, if possible.

1 hour ago, Osaid said:

idk for sure if I got covid or not, but I think its likely I did considering the symptoms. After I recovered from being sick I had an altered sense of smell/taste. Anything that had vinegar in it had a really awful bleach/chlorine taste to it. I also had clogged up ears for a bit, the pressure in there felt as if I had just come off an airplane. I only noticed these symptoms after I started to recover. First time I've experienced such symptoms from being sick.

Is it painful or is it just phlegm build up? I think phlegm build up is common for a while after being sick

I never really had the changed taste thing. luckily the cough doesn't hurt also not much phlegm but certainly annoying.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Annoying cough that doesn't go away, pain in my ribs Everytime I breathe. 

Yea maybe we have the same cough

14 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Maybe you're not fully recovered yet, like a low key long COVID.

COVID is a strong hit on your immune system, your body needs extra good care even after the virus is eliminated.

More sleep, high doses of vitamins and antioxidants, less mentally straining activities, less stress.

Do whatever you can to support your body, stop anything that seems to be weakening you, if possible.

Could be who knows, i think it's normal that a cough stays for a while, doesn't necessarily mean that it's still covid.

What's up with the covid healing my ribcage pain, that's a bit weird?

Hmm... can't say anything about the ribcage pain.. was that like a muscle thing or felt more internal? 

But yeah the coughing can go on a long time/turn into bronchitis. :( 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

5 minutes ago, puporing said:

Hmm... can't say anything about the ribcage pain.. was that like a muscle thing or felt more internal? 

Shit I have been ignoring this coughing that's been going on. I really need to do something about it. 

4 minutes ago, puporing said:

it felt like a strained muscle or rib but maybe it wasn't

at least something positive from covid ?

have you had it?

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Shit I have been ignoring this coughing that's been going on. I really need to do something about it. 

are you taking any supplement?

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Could be who knows, i think it's normal that a cough stays for a while, doesn't necessarily mean that it's still covid.

Yes it's normal in a sense, but it is still due to the "damaging" effect COVID had on your immune system.

I had a regular cold about two years ago (that was my last one, I haven't caught COVID so far) and after about 10 days the cold was done, but because I had already had a weakened immune system, after the cold I had a persisting pain in the bronchia for 3-4 more months. This didn't go away until I started to take supplements in high doses.

No idea about the pain being cured by COVID ?

Just now, PurpleTree said:

are you taking any supplement?

Which one do you recommend Miss Purple? 

Just now, Federico del pueblo said:

I had already had a weakened immune system, after the cold I had a persisting pain in the bronchia for 3-4 more months. This didn't go away until I started to take supplements in high doses.

vitamin c and what?

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

Which one do you recommend Miss Purple? 

i'm not a miss, i'm a very manly purple tree.

vitamin c can never be wrong imo, maybe even high doses for a while

if you don't get enough sun maybe vitamin d3

maybe zinc if it doesn't cause you issues

2 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

i'm not a miss, i'm a very manly purple tree.

vitamin c can never be wrong imo, maybe even high doses for a while

if you don't get enough sun maybe vitamin d3

maybe zinc if it doesn't cause you issues

Oh wow, thank you so much, I'll definitely get those today. :)

8 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

it felt like a strained muscle or rib but maybe it wasn't

at least something positive from covid ?

have you had it?

Rofl yeah something positive always a bonus.

I think I did but I tested negative for it early 2020, but I've never gotten that sick before with pneumonia and everything, couldn't work for like 3-4 months along with the cough and extreme fatigue, at one point I seriously thought I was gonna die coz I was having such a hard time breathing just laying in bed and can't sleep coz short of breath and barely can take care of myself. So in my mind it felt like I got another chance to live. ??

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

12 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Oh wow, thank you so much, I'll definitely get those today. :)

hope it goes well

7 minutes ago, puporing said:

Rofl yeah something positive always a bonus.

I think I did but I tested negative for it early 2020, but I've never gotten that sick before with pneumonia and everything, couldn't work for like 3-4 months along with the cough and extreme fatigue, at one point I seriously thought I was gonna die coz I was having such a hard time breathing just laying in bed and can't sleep coz short of breath and barely can take care of myself. So in my mind it felt like I got another chance to live. ??

Whuut, that sounds terrible. Did you start praying when you were laying there? i'm not religious but whenever think i'm dying kind of start praying automatically. Like with bad air plane turbulences, health scares etc. :/ 

has the fatigue subsided or gone?

14 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

vitamin c and what?

Immune relevant supplements that I take are:

Vitamin C, Vitamin D, astaxanthin (an anti oxidant), a b Vitamin complex.

Now I'm a special case because I'm treating a more complex chronic illness, so I take even more supplements that are not so relevant for the Immune system like magnesium, Omega  3 fatty acids and others. 

So I couldn't possibly tell which supplement has exactly which effects.

6 minutes ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Immune relevant supplements that I take are:

Vitamin C, Vitamin D, astaxanthin (an anti oxidant), a b Vitamin complex.

Now I'm a special case because I'm treating a more complex chronic illness, so I take even more supplements that are not so relevant for the Immune system like magnesium, Omega  3 fatty acids and others. 

So I couldn't possibly tell which supplement has exactly which effects.

I've bought and tried like hundreds of supplements in my life for various issues. Fatigue, performance, sleep, inflammation, anxiety, gut stuff etc. but most of them unfortunately aren't great to put it in mild terms. Some are decent though.

Edited by PurpleTree

16 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

has the fatigue subsided or gone?

It's hard to say... problem is I was having some fatigue problems already before this.. I think the chelation is helping. *fingers crossed*

1 hour ago, puporing said:

It's hard to say... problem is I was having some fatigue problems already before this..

me too :/ 

1 hour ago, puporing said:

I think the chelation is helping. *fingers crossed*

let's hope so, fingers crossed for all of us

Biggest thing was loss of smell. I still can't smell properly after 6 months. It's very slowly improving, but still only maybe 50-60% of what it was before