Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

How to get rid of face acne while doing bodybuilding?

14 posts in this topic

Lately I seem to be getting quite a bit of face acne & have some forehead wrinkles. I would like to have a healthy face but I am really commited to bodybuilding right now & have a lot of dairy/protein shakes. My meals are very inconsistent. I will typically eat the same meals every day. Just so I can get enough protein. 

What is a healthy diet when it comes to bodybuilding and having enough protein? Also I am looking into have a skincare routine, does anyone have any recommendations on a good mens skincare routine? I also seem to be getting some wrinkles on my forehead & I am only 25.

I need to change my diet & have a skincare routine in place. 

7 minutes ago, Illusory Self said:

dairy/protein shakes

Experimenting with vegan protein shakes may actually be a quick win here. Lot of people react poorly to concentrated dairy. If it doesn't help look further. I would always put your long term health ahead of protein requirements and short term gains and IMO relying on heavy protein from dairy sources is burning candle from both ends. There are other good sources out there too 

Those wrinkles could simply be sign of some deficiencies such as fatty acids, dehydration, excessive sun exposure, genetics (some people just naturally age faster) but could also be a side product of pushing that cellular cycle too much by eating too much, dosing too much protein and just stimulating the body too much. Also potentially toxin exposure in the environment could be an ageing factor if you live in hyper polluted area 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Experimenting with vegan protein shakes may actually be a quick win here. Lot of people react poorly to concentrated dairy. If it doesn't help look further. I would always put your long term health ahead of protein requirements and short term gains and IMO relying on heavy protein from dairy sources is burning candle from both ends. There are other good sources out there too 

Those wrinkles could simply be sign of some deficiencies, dehydration, excessive sun exposure, genetics (some people just naturally age faster) but could also be a side product of pushing that cellular cycle too much 

I often forget to drink, how much is the ideal amount to drink daily? 

I am trying lately to experiment with eating meat for most of my protein. is it okay to still have some dairy during the day? Also is it possible to get rid of the wrinkles? I find I experience a lot of tiredness & brain fog also. I genuinely just don't know what kind of diet to turn to as I usually just eat the same foods and have become obsessed with having enough protein. 

I wish there was just a diet template I could follow that has all the nutrients in. I am a vegeterian but lately trying to experiment with eating meat. 

Can you recommend any good skincare products?

I don't even eat any vegetables

Edited by Illusory Self

Just now, Illusory Self said:

I don't even eat any vegetables

start by fixing this. Bulk up the fiber content of your meals to at least 50 grams of fibre per day if you intend to maintain decent health beyond 30s. 

1 minute ago, Illusory Self said:

often forget to drink, how much is the ideal amount to drink daily? 

go by your urine colour. If your kidneys & liver are otherwise healthy,you want to see the urine kinda bright, like a diluted white wine. If it gets too dark or too smelly, drink more. 

2 minutes ago, Illusory Self said:

I usually just eat the same foods and have become obsessed with having enough protein. 

I'd suggest grabbing some nutrition books and educating yourself about how to create a healthy diet that goes beyond a bunch of protein. A complete wholefood diet will provide majority of your protein needs (and that brain fog would probably disappear pretty quickly). Lots of videos how to do that available too. You want a healthy balanced based mainly around plants with a little bit of animal foods if you are concerned about good health maintenance. Animal heavy diet is good for gains but may not be the best for the other goals. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I don't know about protein shakes but since starting heavy metal chelation my complexion has gotten better. 9_9

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@Illusory Self you should probably try to switch to a plant based milk and protein but the only thing that worked for me was accutane, although even now several years later i am convinced it has fucked my body up in many ways but still it worked miracously, acne really made me depressed as fuck because random people called me ugly ahah. it was cystic though, perhaps too intense medicine for your case

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Wash your face daily twice. 

Keep your face dry but moisturized, not oily. 

Drink ton of water. 

Eat a lot of Citrus fruits 

Always use a warm towel to clean your face. 

Keep your face oil free as much as possible 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

9 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Wash your face daily twice. 

Keep your face dry but moisturized, not oily. 

Drink ton of water. 

Eat a lot of Citrus fruits 

Always use a warm towel to clean your face. 

Keep your face oil free as much as possible 

Thanks, I will do that. A lot of my acne comes from having my hair over my forehead since I have long hair. I am going to experiment styling my hair more sideways to try to get rid of it, even though I don't really like the style.

@Illusory Self What I noticed is that when I eat less refined grain/carbs and eat whole carbs and eat less sugar my skin improves especially my face, unsure what is the reason for this. I sometimes get pimples when I eat to much sugar and regular wheat/ refinded carbs. I did a course and a section of the course about nutrition said to cut out white wheat stuff completely. White rice, noodles that are not whole wheat etc. I did this already because Michael569 gave me the tipp. So that helped me to deal with unneccessary pimples additionally to eating healthy.

I watched some video ago also on gym advice. I sometimes wore my gym shirt two times in a row when I did not sweat a lot, yet there is an oily substance called sebum that can clog up poores in your skin, so I had some pimples or skin disturbances on my shoulder. Can't find the video, yet the stuff gathers in gym shirts and is cleaned through hot water, so basically washing it. So it get's in your poores when not washing the shirt.

Hope this is useful!

@Illusory Self  Been there one thing I suggest is try clean up your foods as much as possible and establishing a good skin care routine.  Try to limit your diet to about 10 foods if possible. Try to cook as much as your meals as possible with healthy oils. Cut smoking, alcohol and try to optimize your sleep for 7+ hours. If you have long hair make sure its not greasy wash and condition it properly.  

What you'll find is that your diet is what causes 70% of acne after you've established a consistent diet fast water fast for a day and then slowly introduce foods back in. In 7-10 hours you will feel if theres any acne irritation popping out and you'll know what foods to dial down. You can still bulk and meet your diet needs just have a day where you fast and test things out. Thats what I did

@Illusory Self  Your gut is not healthy thats why you cant take the dairy.  But this is not the issue you want to be solved.

Try out goat and sheep dairy, esp. cheese. 

Stop the whey protein shakes
Soak and rinse your white rice before cooking

There are some other things but this would take to much writing. 
If you want to we can work together, dm me 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?