Preety_India

How to love myself?

27 posts in this topic

Here’s a list to start off:

Go for a walk, go to bed at a decent hour, eat less crap, watch the sunset, get in shape, meet a hottie. :P

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

This Matt Kahn video on the subject of self-love came up in my Youtube recommendations, funnily enough, I figured you might find it useful. Edit: I watched a bit more of the video and a lot of what he's saying doesn't especially resonate with me, but I'll leave the link anyway just in case anyone does find it useful:

Edited by RickyFitts

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I think one of the most loving things you can do for anyone is to be emotionally available for them, and this extends to yourself, too - no matter what you're feeling, even if it's intense anger or self-loathing, say. People often try to push these feelings down or refuse to acknowledge their existence altogether, but they're not going to go away if you live in denial of them; what's often not understood is that what's at the root of this sort of negativity is more vulnerable, visceral emotions like grief and despair, and it's these deeper emotions that need to be felt in order to move past the surface negativity.

Self-love is unconditional self-acceptance. Self-honesty and self-awareness are such important qualities on the spiritual path, as is the courage to feel what we don't want to feel.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I would try a daily schedule that takes care of yourself.  Don't worry about self love, just focus on self 'care' - and the rest will take care of itself.
I've been doing a daily schedule and feel somewhat more self Love.  Add things that take care of your body, mind, emotions/feelings and make you feel happy.  Do these things every day, as much as you can - and it is okay to get off schedule when practicing, the important thing is just to do those things.

Self Love is about what you do for yourself.  It isn't just sitting around feeling love for the ego or even the spiritual self, it is about small actions that tell your body/soul that you Love yourself.  

Words don't mean much without action.
Try for a week creating a self-love schedule for you and practice it - make it light, open, and small steps that will lead to big goals slowly, but surely - and remember to enjoy the process - this is why there are no 'actual' goals in this schedule, it will lead towards goals, but the focus is on love and not that - it's just to create action that moves in a self positive direction - that's how positive manifestation works, too - if you can add a feeling of Will and Faith when doing your routine.

This is the key to literal magic as well, as Loving and accepting yourself allows you to access more of yourself, and puts you back in your own power.  This sort of loving is also grounding in the body, which is something a person who has trauma needs quite a lot.  I find working out has been helping me stay in my body, I am starting with just 30 minutes a day and weekends off to let the muscles rest.

Try dancing as well.  Dance the way a woman with strength brings a new world into existence - a very present intuitive dance - this is also grounding, and can grow your "Will".  This is needed just like Love is.  You must shine, but also hold yourself high in the sky and so must be strong.

Edited by Loba

You need to love God for God loves you.

You need to be love first, then you don't even need to practice self love. 

If you need to practice self-love, that implies you still do not 100% love yourself yet.

Some new insights I have recently.

Edited by hyruga

Mantra/ Affirmation: I am Loving Awareness.

For best results, 'drop' it into your energy during meditation or after yoga practice. 

Seeds grow.