StarStruck

If two people had the exact same life experiences

25 posts in this topic

Would they have the same level of consciousness? I mean, if they had the same life experiences and people in their life. I know it is technically not possible but if it is was possible to run such a model, it would reveal this life experiences = who you are!

There is no such thing as level of consciousness, investigate the direct experience and try to point to levels... bs.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

19 minutes ago, allislove said:

There is no such thing as level of consciousness, investigate the direct experience and try to point to levels... bs.

If donald trump offered you life and spiritual advice and then the Buddha offered you life and spiritual advice would you act on both pieces of advice indiscriminately?

If there are no levels then what is the difference between what the Buddha wrote and what Donald Trump spreads on twitter etc? 

46 minutes ago, allislove said:

Are you familiar with David Hawkins?

28 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If donald trump offered you life and spiritual advice and then the Buddha offered you life and spiritual advice would you act on both pieces of advice indiscriminately?

If there are no levels then what is the difference between what the Buddha wrote and what Donald Trump spreads on twitter etc? 

The difference is relative..there is no absolute difference.  One person may think Trump has all the knowledge..another the Buddha.  That's the point.  It's subjective. You personally would never take Trump but that's because it's you and you literally are your own biases

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The difference is relative..there is no absolute difference.  One person may think Trump has all the knowledge..another the Buddha.  That's the point.  It's subjective. You personally would never take Trump but that's because it's you and you literally are your own biases

But which would you choose to follow and live by?

And the process by which you make that decision and why you choose one over the other is levels.

If we're going to say there's no absolute difference between anything then there is no point in even communicating 

30 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

It doesn't matter who offers the advice, the important thing is what resonates with you at a given moment. don't judge the messenger, just see what the message does to you. and if in 5 years you hear it again and it seems weak, think that it was another time, another life

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

And the process by which you make that decision and why you choose one over the other is levels.

If we're going to say there's no absolute difference between anything then there is no point in even communicating 

That's right and that's why I have a problem with some of the mods always inserting the Absolute into a relative conversation.  They're not wrong but it's out of context when we are having a relative conversation.   All talk is dualistic.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

It doesn't matter who offers the advice, the important thing is what resonates with you at a given moment. don't judge the messenger, just see what the message does to you. and if in 5 years you hear it again and it seems weak, think that it was another time, another life

So which would you choose? Does donald trump resonate more than the buddha 

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

So which would you choose? Does donald trump resonate more than the buddha 

if it is to haggle in a market in Morocco, trump. If it is about meditation, I would listen to Buddha, but in both cases I would listen to my intuition.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

if it is to haggle in a market in Morocco, trump. If it is about meditation, I would listen to Buddha, but in both cases I would listen to my intuition.

No i'm saying you can live according to their wisdom in life. Either you get a list of donald trump's wisdom or you get a list of the budhha's wisdom. Right now which book would you choose?

Or you can give a non answer.

39 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

The level of consciousness concept supports belief in separation, it may be seen as judgement that someone is better then another, but there is no another, just You. 

Follow your intuition, it's one Intuition, one source ?

1 minute ago, allislove said:

The level of consciousness concept supports belief in separation, it's a judgement that someone is better then another, but there is no another, just You. 

Follow your intuition, it's one Intuition, one source ?

Delusional

34 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Are you familiar with David Hawkins?

Yes, I really enjoyed 'Letting go' book by the author. It has a lot of pointers but ultimately just a map that should be let go. Level of consciousness concept strengths the belief in separation. There is no separation. It's all ONE. ?

33 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

No i'm saying you can live according to their wisdom in life. Either you get a list of donald trump's wisdom or you get a list of the budhha's wisdom. Right now which book would you choose?

there are stages of development of the ego..hence the model of spiral dynamics.   So here obviously it would be the Buddha.  Of course to another who is at a different stage may think it's Trump.  I think people conflate stages of development with being "better" than someone else when that isn't the case.  That's why you can't push a stage orange individual to be stage turquoise.  There is nothing objective that says one is higher meaning better either it is where you are at personally in your journey.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

there are stages of development of the ego..hence the model of spiral dynamics.   So here obviously it would be the Buddha.  Of course to another who is at a different stage may think it's Trump.  I think people conflate stages of development with being "better" than someone else when that isn't the case.  That's why you can't push a stage orange individual to be stage turquoise.

Yeah I agree with that. but you are acknowledging levels in that, but i don't think the other guy was

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Yeah I agree with that. but you are acknowledging levels in that, but i don't think the other guy was

The more conscious you are the more you shall align with Truth and Truth is what you are.  You have just deceived yourself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

36 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I wouldn't follow either one, I'd read both if they seemed interesting to me, and I'd stick with snippets that resonate with me right now. maybe trump has some kind of deep wisdom, who knows. What I wouldn't do is admire someone and accept everything he says because he seems like an exemplary guy. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Would they have the same level of consciousness? I mean, if they had the same life experiences and people in their life. I know it is technically not possible but if it is was possible to run such a model, it would reveal this life experiences = who you are!

No.

Our brains are physically different since birth.

And even according to Advaita Vedanta we have different past lives karmas.

Edited by Blackhawk