Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
egoeimai

Do u need a reason?

9 posts in this topic

Hey bitchez,

So... I was wondering If you actually need a reason to go after a goal. They say this cliché that you always need a reason, a purpose, a plan.

It seems logical, because techniques like visualisation or just thinking about the end-goal-the reason will help you go through the hard stuff. Your mind needs something to hold on to.

But what if you don't need a reason? 

Personally, I'm stuck at thinking about a bunch of different scenarios as to why I should do it and end up thinking too much to the point I find obstacles everywhere. One positive thought=many negative ones that sabotage my reason.

And I'm just tired of this. I'll never find a good reason in order to take action. I will always wait for the effing reason. I don't want to waste more time.

No reason is a good reason for me to start. I'm tired of searching. I'm thinking about going without one. Needing a reason is an excuse for me. I got it. My mind thinks it needs a reason, the reason cannot be found, so this is neverending. I'll try doing it for no reason and update you if I remember to. I'm feeling lighter already. Anyhow, life is unknowable so the reason must be as well.

"You don't need good reasons to have feelings and opinions, likes and dislikes.  You can just like or dislike something without having any reasons."

Enjoy

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

why not make personal peace, joy, and self-expression your reason. and do things that lead to that: pursue mastery, high quality communication and boundaries in relationships, good health etc. VALUES is key. try the LP course

looking for reason is a surface level technique to chase goal

the most deepest way to chase goal  is , what i found from my research is, to love the practice or work u have to do to accomplish the goal and u also need to love the plateau

Having a goal is a reason in itself. You don't need a reason to justify the reason, and to justify that reason, and to justify that reason, and so on. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

I would say yes because otherwise why would you do it. 

8 hours ago, egoeimai said:

Personally, I'm stuck at thinking about a bunch of different scenarios as to why I should do it and end up thinking too much to the point I find obstacles everywhere. One positive thought=many negative ones that sabotage my reason.

And I'm just tired of this. I'll never find a good reason in order to take action. I will always wait for the effing reason. I don't want to waste more time.

Maybe your reason (for now) is because you don't want to waste anymore time. 

"You Create Magic" 

@Nahm have we ever arrived at our goal? haha

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

2 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Maybe your reason (for now) is because you don't want to waste anymore time. 

2nd this. 

it's not solidified in my philosophy but it's beginning to be. i think all action has a selfish, whether consciously defined or not, intention behind it.