Tyler Durden

Is forgetting necessary to endure eternity?

10 posts in this topic

Eternal life seems like a great thing. You always exist and can't ever die. Immortality is something that most people would love to achieve.

But after some time, it would become boring. You would get tired of existing. There would be nothing fun and interesting to do anymore.

Could that be the reason why the illusion of death exists - to forget about that fact and start all over again?

For me when I have explored very high states of consciousness, emotions like boredom didn't exist. If I had to translate it into human language, it was closer to endless curiosity and creativity. 

@Matthew85 Interesting perspective. But God seems to forget that it's an eternal being. Maybe there is a reason for that.

Infinite can not know finite, there isn’t some thing which ‘endures’ eternal (there is the apparent finite thought that there is). 

Achieving is experiential. Rock this life, achieve all that you desire… co-create every resonating experience you dream of. 

Achievement doesn’t apply to you. You are unthinkably beautiful, perfect, whole, and complete. 

Reason is experienced by awareness, reason does not apply to awareness. 

(Just opinion…) Trade any self and or Self referential thinking, for a single thing / experience desired, and write it on your dreamboard… and behold as our unthinkable, unspeakable, unfathomable Truth… be’s it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Interesting perspective. But God seems to forget that it's an eternal being. Maybe there is a reason for that.

@Tyler Durden Yes, that is one element you create to have a unique experience. 

If I was you I'd probably forget about trying to simulate existential logic in this way 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Death is a very important and valuable tool for beings on the path of reincarnation and karma. It is quite normal for beings still on that path to get lost in their games and illusions and to lose sight of the greater purpose and goal of their journey. Not only do such beings get a little lost and confused, but they also begin to create a great deal of pain, fear and confusion for themselves. So, death was created to allow these beings to interrupt their passage so that they could, with some regularity, be brought back to their intended path. Death allows a means for the being to bring their journey to a halt and return to a higher consciousness for guidance and help. Without its merciful release, those beings would become very weary and traumatized.

21 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

But after some time, it would become boring. You would get tired of existing. There would be nothing fun and interesting to do anymore.

If this is the case - they are not immortal, but still on the path of karma and before liberation. An eternity of experiences is fun, interesting and infinitely exciting. 

If you ever require rest, you may simply still your being and put down your burden and you will instantly find yourself in that state of blissful, balanced, harmonious oneness that is your truest nature. This will be as normal as a night's sleep currently is.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Its a blight and a blessing.

Going through the teenager years over and over is horrendous to put it mildly. Even if I had a perfect childhood and upbringing those years are not great for anyone i've ever talked to. So that's at least one decade every lifetime to endure and probably more because its doubtful your earlier childhood years did not leave you with trauma to go through either.

On the other side. Would you want to live with the trauma of loss or events and accidents. The memory of dying or the pain of it, and how it effected others. Perhaps the regret, guilt or knowledge of some of the mistakes you've made or things you've done in this life. Even if you've reached acceptance or more from them, they won't help the next life to experience the memory of them most of the time. Because that life is for that life, not this one. You lack context, emotion and detail of the memory. Sometimes it helps to know and past life regression can give you insights, but i've found other lives blocked off and accepted there was a reason for that.

Edited by BlueOak

It would be like trying to live in someone elses story or pulling open a page of a book and pointing at it. Without everything that made that point in time what it was. Its just an image on a screen flashing by. There is no emotion, no reason, no path to that point.