DManKee

In your opinion what leads to a spontaneous awakening?

51 posts in this topic

Life-long, deep longing for truth, purpose and love (prerequisite for spirituality), strong suffering born out of separation from these things (identification with self-narrative), seeing the futility in continuing existence as a separate self and arriving at the willingness to surrender ("I don't want to live with myself anymore"), coupled with the systematic investigation of self-narrative, a.k.a self-inquiry ("who is this "I" who can't live with myself? It seems to be two"), leading to a shift in awareness away from self-narrative to non-symbolic awareness, a.k.a. grace. This is the universal path of awakening. The only surprise is that he is self-taught.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

However, that doesn't mean much here, does it? Anyone can call themselves God on a forum.

Yea, that's a good point. I wish there was a way to measure people's progress properly tho.  

@Salvijus

Smile on their face. (yeah actually you may be happy, but you would't show it)

Second best thing is to let everyone write long description of their moment to moment experience and if that is long enough we could spot someone faking that. Also talking to that face to face could be pretty good measure too.

Still I would ask that what is the reason to know others location if only thing that matters is your own situation? 

Who told you that "others" are real?

9 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Yea, that's a good point. I wish there was a way to measure people's progress properly tho.  

I guess a good measure would be ones degree of feeling uncaused joy, unlimited happiness (aka happiness from within).

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

16 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Just stand in their presence and breathe. Also; pay attention to how they relate.

An awakened being treats everyone and everything with loving kindness and respect.

Then again, who cares where anyone's at... People love turning everything into a competition. Awakening is not an exception.

Edited by ivankiss

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Just stand in their presence and breathe. Also; pay attention to how they relate.

An awakened being treats everyone and everything with loving kindness and respect.

Then again, who cares where anyone's at... People love turning everything into a competition. Awakening is not an exception.

As I understand it, awakening is not originated by - and nor does it inform to any extent - the behaviour of an individual.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

2 hours ago, Vincent S said:

Love.

?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@BenG

You are completely right. It's like mining diamonds and nothing can guarantee that you find these, but if you try to find the most optimal place to mine - you are way ahead of others. Also dropping assumpions away is pretty important thing, because if you assume that what you see is wrong how can you see it as right if it actually was right. To be more clear everyone basicly is enlightened to begin with, but you have to just see that. 

There are still many traps and most common is to think that you are ready when you really aren't. I would still just meditate and pursue happiness and calmness. Enlightenment comes when its time is and doesn't when it's not. Any experience does not guarantee you to be happy, but just stop wanting different things and kingly appreciate every sensation that come and goes. That is path to happiness and that is highest thing there is. Most would say that love is highest, but actually that just means same thing, because love is to accept everything as it is without seeing separation between anything.

Comment if you see something differently so we can contemplate things for the good : )

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?