Preety_India

How to reconcile two sides of yourself?

10 posts in this topic

Whenever I psychoanalyze myself, I see two sides in me. 

One is polite, gentle, helpful, caring, sweet and funny. Subdued. Submissive. 

The other is mean, bitchy(bitch - like),  critical, psychopathic, sketchy, condescending, egotistical, selfish, narcissistic etc. 

I sometimes take pride in having attitude. 

I switch between the two very often. I can almost see myself switching between the two. 

There is always a tug of war between these two sides. I feel conflicted because of that and it often ruins my relationship with people who I interact with. 

I don't think I want to get rid of the bitchy side. I don't like to pretend that I'm nice. 

How should I reconcile these two sides? 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Look up the book Anatomy of loneliness. Its about how to resolve what you are talking about.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

See them both, love them both, see the conflict, love the conflict. You can’t force a reconciliation, it comes through honesty.

5 minutes ago, SonataAllegro said:

See them both, love them both, see the conflict, love the conflict. You can’t force a reconciliation, it comes through honesty.

I sometimes laugh about my bitchy side. Is it okay to laugh about it? 

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I sometimes laugh about my bitchy side. Is it okay to laugh about it? 

Of course! Laughter breaks through the ego's density and belief that it needs to hide itself in shame.

Interesting that you see both sides usually people see only one and fight for that side...embracing both sides equally and making it a whole part of yourself its whats the healithiest and key to being your true authentic expression...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

17 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Whenever I psychoanalyze myself, I see two sides in me.

There are probably more sides to you, but these two are especially important to you. 

I would try and look for the commonality between the two sides. For example, your caring aspect might be about giving love to others; and your selfish aspect is about giving love to yourself. The commonality in this case is "giving love". I'm sure you can think of more things.

Looking for commonalities is the way to resolve any conflict within yourself (or outside yourself).

All stories and explanations are false.

1 minute ago, LastThursday said:

There are probably more sides to you, but these two are especially important to you. 

I would try and look for the commonality between the two sides. For example, your caring aspect might be about giving love to others; and your selfish aspect is about giving love to yourself. The commonality in this case is "giving love". I'm sure you can think of more things.

Looking for commonalities is the way to resolve any conflict within yourself (or outside yourself).

That was really nice. I like that perspective.