charlie cho

How is Warren Buffett still alive eating junk food daily?

69 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, SQAAD said:

For example if you believe that what you are eating isn't negatively affecting your health then that Maybe helps to a certain extent.

Hehe, if only it was so easy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hehe, if only it was so easy.

Maybe your mind is so complex you just can't help but manifest complex hard-to-solve health problems into your existence. Lol

"Some people live more in 1 year than some in 100."

I don't remember where I got the quote from. But what's most important is to live as fully as possible.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

24 minutes ago, ItsNick said:

"Some people live more in 1 year than some in 100."

I don't remember where I got the quote from. But what's most important is to live as fully as possible.

Also, "Life, if well lived, is long enough" - Seneca

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

I'm a big admirer of Warren Buffet.  If you have HBO, this documentary is worth a watch.  

On 2/5/2022 at 7:08 PM, Leo Gura said:

There may actually be a correlation between one's level of consciousness and how sensitive your body/brain is to toxins. Notice that a high performance sports car requires superior fuel to travel the same mileage. High performance machines tend to be more sensitive and fragile, requiring higher precision in their operation.

Ngl this can turn into ableism real quick 

Sometimes people luck out genetically and there is no need to add extra meanings to things like this. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

6 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Sometimes people luck out genetically and there is no need to add extra meanings to things like this. 

I guess.

However on a personal level you can become a lot more sensitive and aware by just "eating junkfood with more consciousness." This is actually a good method to learn how to quit because you become aware of all the ways in which it destroys your body and mind (and makes you less conscious).

So I don't think it's an unreasonable theory that people who don't need higher levels of consciousness to function, will have minds and bodies that "accept" such bad habits more.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

12 hours ago, ItsNick said:

So I don't think it's an unreasonable theory that people who don't need higher levels of consciousness to function, will have minds and bodies that "accept" such bad habits more.

That doesn't make sense. Animals aren't nearly as conscious as humans and they too can fall prey to health issues. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that justifying sickness and health and applying a moral value to it (in this case consciousness and awareness) can lead to things such as ableism and at worst eugenics. Especially in philosophy, there is a whole history of how white men have tried to paint things such as health, restrictive diets, and thinness as a sense of moral superiority (i.e. I'm fasting and restricting what I'm eating, therefore I'm more disciplined and more conscious).  

Of course, if there is a health issue you need to tend to, tend to it. And if you think altering your diet is the way to do that, do that with professional supervision.  But don't expect other people's bodies to respond the same way and definately don't think that it has anything to do with their level of consciousness or that their health situation says anything about what they are like as people. 

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

On 06/02/2022 at 2:08 PM, Leo Gura said:

There may actually be a correlation between one's level of consciousness and how sensitive your body/brain is to toxins. Notice that a high performance sports car requires superior fuel to travel the same mileage. High performance machines tend to be more sensitive and fragile, requiring higher precision in their operation.

Interesting perspective. 

I do wonder how people my age with terrible diets are 10x healthier than I am. Maybe this is just a battle I have in my video game (life) and others have other battles.