Preety_India

How to deal with a violent mother?

26 posts in this topic

@Preety_India i have no idea really, what in your heart is okay for you? because that's all that matters, as long as you don't take your own beast out on her and you push yourself to create a boundary then you are good - otherwise it will also have its consequences i think

you are a really nice person, people with a lot of misery need company 

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

On 2/1/2022 at 5:47 PM, Preety_India said:

I have talked to the police before. But they could not believe that a woman could be violent. 

Back in July last year my arm was swollen and bleeding and when I showed it to the police, they said it could have been self inflicted. Also they said - "she is too old to attack you." and they refused to file a complaint. 

Self defense class in what sense? 

The last time(last year) she attacked me she did with a bat. I had absolutely no chance to respond because it was so quick and my body could not have been strong enough to fight off the attack. 

I mean how can someone defend oneself against a weapon? 

carry a recorder (at least vocal recorder). https://www.amazon.com/spy-recorder/s?k=spy+recorder I had something like that running sometimes when going out, just in case if I was beaten by my neighbours. You can usb this data to a computer. Then show this to police.

Listen, Preety, its a fucking horrible situation for you.

I've been following your progress on the forum for a while, and understand you have CPTSD.

I really don't think your going to progress with things until you leave your living situation with your family. And I mean by any reasonable means necessary. Like even going to university for year so that you can get funding for your own housing (if your government runs such programmes).

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

10 hours ago, Ulax said:

And I mean by any reasonable means necessary.

Yes I think really have to search in your heart what you want, what's important to you. It was really obvious to me during my university years that I have to rush through my degree (no exploration which would've otherwise liked to) in order to get out of my parents place asap, with little to no savings. Got by.. wasn't easy, but the alternative was being stuck/unable to 1) know who I am on even an ego level 2) continue to grow on my terms and not continually be dragged into crap I cannot solve. You have to be able to see that it's not just physical attacks, there's a strong psychological effect it has on you. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Report her to her psychiatrist, tell them her condition is worsening and she needs reassessment due to getting more violent and that you no longer feel safe being around her. That might get her institutionalized 

Edited by K Ghoul