Cathal

An insight that reduced your suffering?

32 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Gianna said:

@RickyFitts that one helped me a lot. Helped my avoidant attachment style hehe. 

Would you mind expanding on this a little? :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Don't compare and be grateful.

Speak with a stranger.

Happiness is a choice.

Edited by hyruga

@RickyFitts I have an avoidant personality when it comes to relationships and intimacy. So someone told me once I didn’t have to surrender to people or relationships ever because I’m always only surrendering to God, and that helped me. Although I have yet to do it, lol. 

@Gianna That makes sense, thanks for elaborating :) I struggle with surrender, too - takes a leap of faith, I think :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

"We're all gonna die anyways" Lol, joking.

I would argue the only insight that could reduce suffering is the insight into one's true nature. Or maybe not, idk.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I realized that I have been forcing myself into a relationship that the other person is just so F. low in consciousness and self-integrity which is completely opposite side of myself. There is no limit to how much self-honest you can be so if I am saying opposite of me, it doesn't mean that I am perfectly self-honest but there can be HUGE differences between the level of self-honesty in people. And during an LSD trip I realized that how big of a disservice I have been doing myself to force myself into this relationship and by doing so I had to lie to myself that I am at her level so I just disowned the most beautiful and intelligent parts of myself just so that I can stay in the relationship with her. It is a relief because I had been suffering from Anxiety and Depression recently but I didn't know what is the reason. I could somehow intuitively guess but I didn't actually know for sure. Now that I have this insight and considering what Leo mentioned in his last video about the avoidance of Truth and the consequences of it, I now realize that all I am suffering from is my own avoidance of truth. The truth that there IS a difference between me and her. And it's not small enough so I an neglect, it's HUGEEEE. 

The more I avoid this and lie to myself, the more I will suffer. 

that we trap our selves in suffering unconsciously, and when we're trapped in it, it seems real, as real as it gets. and the insight that from high point of view that trap is illusion. but we can't see it from normal perspective. so we start blaming and playing victims. but sometimes maybe there's a reason for you to suffer, if you say so..

On 29/01/2022 at 7:59 PM, catcat69123 said:

What was the most impactful insight that has been the most helpful in the sense you used that insight to transform yourself?

@catcat69123 I have been treating all happiness/goodness/love as suffering and the perpetuation of suffering, and freedom from suffering as a lie. This attitude has helped me stay a little bit more cold-hearted and ruthless when I meditate (as awful as that sounds). It makes it easier to disregard pleasant thoughts and feelings that are very distracting/tempting to think about, and it makes unpleasant thoughts and feelings (when they do come up) a little bit less of a surprise. By knowing to expect only suffering from sitting, it can't hurt me and make me lose my grip on reality quite so easily, which really helps me stay in control of my mind during the more intense highs and lows. It's like a big mental callous. It's the best tool in my handy dandy little box of dukkha prevention and cure. I'm not sure if this counts as an insight, but it is something I've been treating as true for a less stressy meditation practice.

On 31/01/2022 at 10:45 AM, catcat69123 said:

@Ulax seeing your innocence clearly through a realization you can see it in everyone else and there's a great sadness but also great love and that has been the most transformative thing so far

That's so beautiful :x. It sounds like something I'd be really easily overwhelmed by feeling.

Edited by softlyblossoming
it's not really an insight (i think?), so i clarified that part

@softlyblossoming no that's awesome:x, sounds like you found integrity knowing all the grasps of the illusion that perpuate suffering like you say. reminds me to keep strong on integrity. by far by far by far the most important thing too, integrity that no matter what we feel we can keep on seeking the kingdom

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@catcat69123 Thank you for being so supportive of my 'insight'! I was worried you would think it's dumb because of your video on anhedonia. Do you think that maybe this is a good kind of anhedonia?

@softlyblossoming hmmmm wait ill msg u

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me