11 posts in this topic

Enjoy <3

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

I know about that game, I play it all the time. :P

Cool and relaxing. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Interesting and educational brief, non-time consuming introduction into the communication of some of the basic, fundamental aspects of those ideas and their reprogramming and paradigmatical shifting intent. Thanks for sharing it here, although I must say I was getting heavy stage Green utopic energy and vibes while watching through and listening through the whole thing - with some '60s and 70's hippie idealism with the whole aesthetic presentation and in the style of how the whole affair was presented and communicated to the audience I don't mean this in a derogatory sense since the ideas they were aiming to present and communicate were done pretty understandably and straightforwardly for anyone new to this theoretical concept of the 'Game type in human affairs and perception' watching it the first time.

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

9 hours ago, Fleetinglife said:

Interesting and educational brief, non-time consuming introduction into the communication of some of the basic, fundamental aspects of those ideas and their reprogramming and paradigmatical shifting intent. Thanks for sharing it here, although I must say I was getting heavy stage Green utopic energy and vibes while watching through and listening through the whole thing - with some '60s and 70's hippie idealism with the whole aesthetic presentation and in the style of how the whole affair was presented and communicated to the audience I don't mean this in a derogatory sense since the ideas they were aiming to present and communicate were done pretty understandably and straightforwardly for anyone new to this theoretical concept of the 'Game type in human affairs and perception' watching it the first time.

I see what you're saying. Even though there is some of that utopian idealism, I think overall it's a breath of fresh air, a break from all the intellectualizing around these ideas, which might not be very accessible or interesting to most people. Expressing these ideas through art is a positive direction, a more right-brain approach to make the whole thing more balanced out.

Overall, for a shift to happen, the messaging should be a bit idealistic to get people's energies up, and get them to work towards that new vision. Get people excited for something new, some new possibilities and ways of operating in the world. That is how pretty much all major peaceful shifts in culture have taken place. There's a vision that is simply more powerful than the old paradigm, and then it starts becoming a reality as it gains more and more momentum in peoples minds.

The vision needs to be so powerful that it sparks a fire in all the worn out people to take action and try their best to figure these things out. But yeah it's also important to balance it out so it doesn't slip into dysfunctional and immature utopia expectations. 

Here is some analysis with more depth about the message of the film:

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

On 19.1.2022 at 1:04 AM, Fleetinglife said:

hanks for sharing it here, although I must say I was getting heavy stage Green utopic energy and vibes while watching through and listening through the whole thing - with some '60s and 70's hippie idealism with the whole aesthetic presentation and in the style of how the whole affair was presented and communicated to the audience I don't mean this in a derogatory sense since the ideas they were aiming to present and communicate were done pretty understandably and straightforwardly for anyone new to this theoretical concept of the 'Game type in human affairs and perception' watching it the first time.

It's an inevitable aesthetic once you try to condense it down to art. "Wholeness" and "regeneration" are systemically sound constructs and simultaneously sound like hippie jargon, because that's the truth. The hippies are intuiting something and the systems thinkers are articulating it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Here is my re-telling of Daniel Schmachtenberger explanation of some of the factors that lead to the transition from "the First Game" to "Game A" (don't remember which video):

The male-dominated, hierarchical structure of society (Patriarchy) originated ~10 000 years ago with the advent of advanced agriculture. The plow and domesticated farm animals (as food and labor) acted as a lever on the food supply, increasing accumulation of resources, freeing up total labor time, initiating territorial expansion, territorial disputes, tribal warfare, the rise of male power gods, decline of female, animal and nature gods, the origin of various dichotomies like man over women, man over animals, man against nature etc. Overall, Pre-Dunbar number tribes were replaced by transcontinental empires.

The plow and tribal warfare requires upper-body strength, which means women are less able to contribute, placing a higher value on male traits like physical strength (hence male power gods out-competing female gods). Animals were downgraded from sacred, autonomous representations of nature's spirit to domesticated production tools, permitting occasional violence like herding, whipping (hence decline in animal gods). The general sanctity of nature was also devalued as production became more about accumulation and less about living in flux with the natural cycles of regeneration. These differences can be clearly seen in the narratives of newer Abrahamic religions compared to earlier religions like Hinduism.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

10 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

The male-dominated, hierarchical structure of society (Patriarchy) originated ~10 000 years ago with the advent of advanced agriculture. The plow and domesticated farm animals (as food and labor) acted as a lever on the food supply, increasing accumulation of resources, freeing up total labor time, initiating territorial expansion, territorial disputes, tribal warfare, the rise of male power gods, decline of female, animal and nature gods, the origin of various dichotomies like man over women, man over animals, man against nature etc. Overall, Pre-Dunbar number tribes were replaced by transcontinental empires.

The plow and tribal warfare requires upper-body strength, which means women are less able to contribute, placing a higher value on male traits like physical strength (hence male power gods out-competing female gods). Animals were downgraded from sacred, autonomous representations of nature's spirit to domesticated production tools, permitting occasional violence like herding, whipping (hence decline in animal gods). The general sanctity of nature was also devalued as production became more about accumulation and less about living in flux with the natural cycles of regeneration. These differences can be clearly seen in the narratives of newer Abrahamic religions compared to earlier religions like Hinduism.

I've been brainwashed and conditioned by the video now to read this whole paragraph of text with the Matriarch's dialect and accentuation on 'Regeneration' and 'Wholeness' :D

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's an inevitable aesthetic once you try to condense it down to art. "Wholeness" and "regeneration" are systemically sound constructs and simultaneously sound like hippie jargon, because that's the truth. The hippies are intuiting something and the systems thinkers are articulating it.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:01 AM, TheAlchemist said:

I think overall it's a breath of fresh air, a break from all the intellectualizing around these ideas, which might not be very accessible or interesting to most people. Expressing these ideas through art is a positive direction, a more right-brain approach to make the whole thing more balanced out.

Overall, for a shift to happen, the messaging should be a bit idealistic to get people's energies up and get them to work towards that new vision. Get people excited for something new, some new possibilities, and ways of operating in the world. That is how pretty much all major peaceful shifts in culture have taken place. There's a vision that is simply more powerful than the old paradigm, and then it starts becoming a reality as it gains more and more momentum in people's minds.

The vision needs to be so powerful that it sparks a fire in all the worn-out people to take action and try their best to figure these things out. But yeah it's also important to balance it out so it doesn't slip into dysfunctional and immature utopia expectations. 

But I see what you guys are saying and trying to explain to and point me towards regarding this and my aesthetic complaint. I think I got part of it of what exactly the whole thing was trying to communicate to and in the style and presentation that it did it in.

I earlier found the Philipino sociologist and activist Walden Bello also somewhat of a good exponent of some of these ideas with his 'Systemic Alternatives' approach.

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'