Rishabh R

Questioning assumptions leading to counter intuitive directions

16 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura By doing the work mentioned in that assumptions video and making my list that What are the assumptions I am making in my life it is leading me to rigorously counter intuitive directions. Still there is a fear lurking in me that wouldn't this work lead me to something dangerous ?Is my fear right(just wanted to know ) maybe that's also an assumption that I am making ?

What dangers are you intuiting? 

There are some to be wary of. For example when you questions the assumptions and taboos of your culture…. Don’t forget those around you are in their dream and won’t like you questioning some of there assumptions. Especially about sex, science,  and religion.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Like the dangers of myself getting killed or landing with an accident on road or some exceptions of counter intuitiveness of life(I know that they are very few). However I am interested  the middle one (science) listed above.

If you question every assumption eventually you'll die.

Which is why ego's aren't too interested in questioning assumptions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Rishabh R said:

@Leo Gura So one must question assumptions a lot but not every assumptions ?

What you think of as death itself is an assumption.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Oo so energy transforms from one form to another and since our cells contain energy in the form of ATP that energy does not get destroyed but changes.Which indicates that change is the only thing which is constant and also questioning assumptions can lead to success in many areas of life so this topic is also very practical ?

@Rishabh R

• You have lot of beliefs and when belief is questioned and debunked it dies in a sense, because it was something that was never there actually. 
  • You - the one who thinks is reading this text right now - is also a belief that there is someone reading right now.
  • When that belief - you - is questioned it dies.

Fear is just ego's self defense mechanism which tries it best not to get killed. Remember that sometimes that mechanism is not working to your advantage like when there is beautiful girl or handsome boy you wanna approach and your fear of failure is too strong to actually make that approach happen.

If you don't mind looking inside your beliefs and being sometimes little bit in shock I would advice you to keep going. When that fear eventually happens remember that you are doing progress and you are safe. If that questioning is not leading you towards happiness remember that you haven't done it enough to actually free yourself from questioning and eventually from thinking at all. After that "you" sink into present moment in peace and that's beautiful.

To the "reader", "I" love "you" <3

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Kksd74628 thank you . Thank you @LeoGura  and by the way please release a video this Sunday(Maybe deconstruction of Science part 4 or something please)

Edited by Rishabh R
Forgot to include some lines

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you question every assumption eventually you'll die.

Which is why ego's aren't too interested in questioning assumptions.

??

◭"89"

3 hours ago, Rishabh R said:

@Leo Gura So one must question assumptions a lot but not every assumptions ?

Question ESPECIALLY the assumptions that keep the idea of you alive, the assumptions that hold reality together and the assumptions that are "too sacred to question", or "too obvious to question", or "too apparent to question". 

Those are the best ones to question. 

@Kksd74628I love you too.

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

@ZenSwift Thanks  and I had discovered(earlier by doing this process)  that the questions which are too obvious to question or too apparent to question are very worth to question.

@Thought Art What he thinks of as himself will be recognized as fundamentally false. 

That’s my take.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao Thought so as well

but, clarify lol 

I guess that’s the major assumption here

◭"89"

@Leo Gura Ya I am trying to get you as today a video of actualized clip titled All fear is imaginary came and as a contemplated it a bit I recognised that even if I actually die still it would be the end of suffering (if I pass away due to a disease).Not only that it will also be the end of problems of life.( I am just imagining death right now which is an assumption in itself) yup I agree with you @UnbornTao .