RMQualtrough

Should people stop using the term "will"?

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl yes.. I have agreed to that.. evolution means 'change over time'. 

you don't think love is increasing then?

@gettoefl I think what you are saying, is that there is no better time than the future, since things are always getting better.. now isn't as 'good' in your opinion as tomorrow will be, and tomorrow is not as good as the next day.  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@gettoefl if Everything is Love, how can it increase?  Isn't this moment a Perfect expression of Love? 

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl if Everything is Love, how can it increase?  Isn't this moment a Perfect expression of Love? 

god isn't perfection but perfecting

@gettoefl and this is always happening?  Does this ever happen 'other than how it WILL'? 

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl and this is always happening?  Does this ever happen 'other than how it WILL'? 

there is 3 stages of the path my self true self no self

in the myself i try my damnedest to thwart what is ... this certainly has consequences ... the all does indeed suffer

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Carl-Richard for the same reason trees flower.  Nobody asks a tree why it flowers just because it does. 

Surely there is a reason why he wanted to speak to us :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The word imagination works well in replacing the ‘will’.

Imagination is infinite of course, no beginning and no end in sight.

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

The word imagination works well in replacing the ‘will’.

Imagination is infinite of course, no beginning and no end in sight.

I would understand that take, yeah.

It is possible in some states to bend things to my "will" like in lucid dreams. But on closer inspection, the will to - say - flap my arms and fly in a dream appeared, and before it appeared it wasn't anywhere. And before it was thought, I can't say I played any part in choosing to bring it out of nothingness into being thought.

31 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

It is possible in some states to bend things to my "will" like in lucid dreams.

What’s essential is separating the ego’s will from God’s will. The reason an ego will not buy into infinite will is because it’s idea of will is that which it can use to serve itself..which is highly partial.

However, God’s will has no partiality to it, it does not care what is being brought up in awareness, it appreciates its Being alone .. including that which is considered relatively bad to the ego.

Therefore God’s Will is existence .. and existence is infinite. The egos will is that which is in existence that serves it survival, which is limited and partial. Going from ego to God unlocks true Will.

35 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

It is possible in some states to bend things to my "will" like in lucid dreams.

Is it not your will to 'bend things to your will'?  When you decide to 'bend your will like in lucid dreams'.. could you have 'not done that'? Only it it was your will to 'not do that'.. again... doing exactly what you will. 

5 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Is it not your will to 'bend things to your will'?  When you decide to 'bend your will like in lucid dreams'.. could you have 'not done that'? Only it it was your will to 'not do that'.. again... doing exactly what you will. 

But you all aren't saying it's "chosen" right? As in lucid dreams, I don't know if I choose my action before I do it. It seems to me that the desire for a certain action in a lucid dream, or even just an action period, arises without anything's conscious choosing.

In dreams I see the landscapes appear without my conscious choosing. Is "will" the same as this? As in things just happening without my choosing at all. Sort of like just a natural process.

I'm interested really in how/why this works as it does. There would technically then be no "creator" of these things in the sense that the creator is not choosing what to create. It just appears.

2 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

There would technically then be no "creator" of these things in the sense that the creator is not choosing what to create. It just appears.

Creation is the choice that is being made .. at all times, infinitely.

On top of that, you are the Creator of reality, every aspect.

@RMQualtrough 'choosing' is a process. Computers can choose. 

Choosing happens as it will. 

When you choose something, what method of choosing do you use? How do you choose your method of choosing? How will you choose the method of that choice? 

I could roll dice, flip a coin? How will I decide which to do?

If I was free to choose to do anything I wanted to do.. who chooses what I want to do? Could I choose to want other than I want? How? By wanting to? 

Do you see the problem here?

people should stop using the word "should"

that's what Nahm said

7 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

people should stop using the word "should"

that's what Nahm said

Lol why should we listen to what Nahm says?

You are already “should-ing” while criticizing the act itself. Is Nahm your God or something?

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Lol why should we listen to what Nahm says?

You are already “should-ing” while criticizing the act itself. Is Nahm your God or something?

Nahm yes he's a God amongst men, a smiley quirky mod fellow who speaks in funny unintelligible riddles (well they would be intelligible for us too if we operated on a higher lovelier frequency)

He should be your God too

7 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Creation is the choice that is being made .. at all times, infinitely.

On top of that, you are the Creator of reality, every aspect.

I don't think creation and choice are the same thing. When I trip hard I'm not choosing the neon honeycomb patterns... One time I willed Marge Simpson's hair, but the thing is, that will in itself had to come from somewhere. Like Mason then said after your post. What chooses the choosing of the choice etc etc etc.

9 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Nahm yes he's a God amongst men, a smiley quirky mod fellow who speaks in funny unintelligible riddles (well they would be intelligible for us too if we operated on a higher lovelier frequency)

He should be your God too

That’s cute.

3 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I don't think creation and choice are the same thing. When I trip hard I'm not choosing the neon honeycomb patterns...

If it exists in your direct experience, then it is of your choosing. You can only grasps this through God realization. All of reality is your imagination, what is imagined is imagined by choice.

Again, your ego will not want to accept this because it has preferences. It doesn’t make sense to it that it would choose / imagine something that goes against its survival.

there is the way of god and there is the way of man, first is love second is fear ... any moment one or the other happens, more love then more of the universe is awake

you can choose the way of god or the way of man ... this is then your will in action

god permits the way of man to prevail since all is good with god

conversely if you engage in love today you are doing the will of god