Random witch

Being a loser- Epictetus

8 posts in this topic

I think it would be something healthy to watch for your mental health-

To be the biggest winner you also have to be willing to be the biggest loser. This is real humility. The willingness to be wrong and the willingness to lose.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Yes, but the ego is a huge obstacle in accepting being a "loser", it's not that simple for many people, especially those who are ego-driven.

im a loser right now, 32y and living with my parents and no real job currently, and i accepted it as "fact" and moved onO.o

"Ambition, the desire of securing happiness and comfort for those we love, by obtaining honours and riches, are praiseworthy natural feelings but when they transform man into an ambitious cruel tyrant, a miser, a selfish egotist they bring untold misery on those around him; on nations as well as on individuals. All this then — food, wealth, ambition, and a thousand other things we have to leave unmentioned, becomes the source and cause of evil whether in its abundance or through its absence. Become a glutton, a debauchee, a tyrant, and you become the originator of diseases, of human suffering and misery. Lack all this and you starve, you are despised as a nobody and the majority of the herd, your fellow men, make of you a sufferer your whole life."

Clean your mind

On 1/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, QQQ said:

You could say that the biggest tipping point of your life, is the realisation that you are, and always have been, the biggest loser.

Acceptance is the beginning of transcendence.

This is too true!! Made me giggle reading that because it is so true, and by finding that out ironically it makes us the biggest winner?

Edited by Asayake

how is eating beans being a loser.

it's a winners move to eat beans instead of some animals corpse parts.