Esoteric

Osho Writes Most People Have Died Almost Directly After Enlightenment

55 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Red herring!

Go work on enlightenment.

If you happen to die getting enlightened, we promise to shed a tear for you ;)

I pondered this the other day. I wonder how many physically have died going for the kill. I've certainly almost been in some positions where that may have been the result. 

@Hunter Arrington A million times fewer than have died engaging in default egoic ways of life.

The danger is not enlightenment. The danger is your current low-consciousness lifestyle.

People too easily overlook the toxicity of the default position.

You're like a lobster who's found himself inside a simmering pot of water. And you're debating the dangers that might await you if you open the lid and crawl out.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hunter Arrington A million times fewer than have died engaging in default egoic ways of life.

The danger is not enlightenment. The danger is your current low-consciousness lifestyle.

People too easily overlook the toxicity of the default position.

You're like a lobster who's found himself inside a simmering pot of water. And you're debating the dangers that might await you if you open the lid and crawl out.

True. I wasn't saying it was negative. That's probably the most honorable way to die, if there was one. 

LOL

Osho Writes Most People Have Died Almost Directly After Enlightenment

5 hours ago, eskwire said:

Osho may be speaking of legends. He was very much a storyteller and a comedian.

In India it is a well known fact that enlightenment might bring you instantaneous death (bodily speaking), maybe in the west they know only a few enlightened sages and think that they are inventing fairy tails but hunderds of fully enlightened sages in the east always said it. Nothing new under the sun.

Edited by Acharya

This was the reason why yoga and especially hatha yoga became so important. Yogis used to train their bodies to survive enlightenment but it wasn't because they were afraid to die, it was for their compassion for humanity. If such people lived more, they could initiate more and more people into the path.

Another reason that is quite popular is that when a person reaches permanent enlighenment he becomes established in the self but his body has to fullfill the karmas that otherwise were to be fullfilled in future lifes, so it doesn't bear all of them at once and eventually dies (or it has to suffer very serious ailments, like cancers).

In my opinion a serious seeker of truth should not be bothered about these things anyway.

Edited by Acharya

They have an anecdote for that, pertaining to spending too much time adjusting to unhealthy ways of living, it's called Boiling Frog.  It's said that a frog can adjust to the temperature of water up until the boiling point and when it reaches that point, the frog will be too weak to jump out of the pot, after having spent too much energy adjusted to the water.  It then dies.  If put into the warm pot of water and the frog has not slowly adjusted, it will jump out immediately sensing danger.

In Buddhism tradition, enlightened people choose the moment of their death, and break the cycle of reincarnation by definitely "disolving" into the light, so that only nails and hair remain, no corpse.

Edited by Soulbass

@Esoteric  Following more serious spiritual traditions osho is seen as a fake anyway - for instance he had 91 rolls royces - I can't even fanthom how egoic you need to get to want/keep so much cars xD

9 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

@Esoteric  Following more serious spiritual traditions osho is seen as a fake anyway - for instance he had 91 rolls royces - I can't even fanthom how egoic you need to get to want/keep so much cars xD

You can have a thousand rolls royces or you can be a bum on the street, it has nothing to do with consciousness. There have been enlightened kings in the past alongside the bhikkus (beggars).

And please do not compare, it's just an ego game. Try to see where all sages are pointing.

Edited by Acharya

@Lynnel

Osho was asked

People are very much interested in your Rolls Royces. What do You want to prove with this, so many cars and so much luxury around You?

He replied

Why are people concerned? Then certainly they need it; then more Rolls Royces will be here. Until they stop asking me, more and more Rolls Royces are going to be here. Now it has to be seen that it is a challenge: the day nobody asks me about Rolls Royces, they will not be coming.
People's interest in Rolls Royces shows their mind. They are not interested what is happening here. They don't ask about meditation, they don't ask about sannyas, they don't ask about people's life, love, the laughter that happens in this desert. They only ask about Rolls Royces. That means I have touched some painful nerve. And I will go on pressing it till they stop asking.
I am not a worshipper of poverty. That's what those Rolls Royces prove. I respect wealth. Nobody before me had the guts to say it. The pope cannot say that he respects wealth, although he is the wealthiest man on the earth.
I am not a hypocrite. I am the poorest man on the earth. I don't have a single cent with me. But I want to show these people what attracts their mind. If there were no Rolls Royces here, perhaps there would be nothing for the whole world ask about me, about you, about meditation, about initiation into sannyas, about love, about anything. It is for those idiots that I am keeping all those Rolls Royces, because they cannot move their eyes away from those Rolls Royces. And meanwhile I will go on pouring other things in their minds. Without those Rolls Royces they would not have asked a single question.
Those Rolls Royces are doing their work. Every idiot around the world is interested in them. And I want them to be somehow interested—in anything in Rajneeshpuram. Then we will manage about other things.
So tell those people—when anybody asks, tell them that "These Rolls Royces are for you idiots. Otherwise you are not interested in anything." Once they stop asking about Rolls Royces, then I will have to think of something else, whether to have rockets which are going to the moon…. I will have to think of something else.

I received a letter from a bishop of Wasco County, who had been for almost five years condemning my Rolls Royces. In every Sunday sermon he was not preaching Jesus Christ, he was preaching me and my Rolls Royces. The day I was leaving he wrote a letter to me, "Now you are leaving, it will be great kindness on your part if you can donate one Rolls Royce to this church." Now, this shows the man….
I informed him, "Would you like all ninety-three, or only one?"
And a letter came, "If you can give all ninety-three, that is just the right thing. You are really great. I'm very sorry that I condemned you for five years. You are a man to be worshiped."
It is a very strange world if you understand people: whatever they are saying shows more about them than it shows about the person they are talking about.

2 hours ago, Acharya said:

In India it is a well known fact that enlightenment might bring you instantaneous death (bodily speaking), maybe in the west they know only a few enlightened sages and think that they are inventing fairy tails but hunderds of fully enlightened sages in the east always said it. Nothing new under the sun.

We better get started on some hatha yoga for preparation. 

1 minute ago, Hunter Arrington said:

We better get started on some hatha yoga for preparation. 

It is advised to do it with the guidance of a master, it can become a huge barrier on the path from an egoic standpoint.

56 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

In Buddhism tradition, enlightened people choose the moment of their death, and break the cycle of reincarnation by definitely "disolving" into the light, so that only nails and hair remain, no corpse.

This seems far out there. First...it's pretty vague. Second, no Buddhist teacher I've listened to talk about a death mentions this. Where can I find this information? 

13 minutes ago, Babybat said:

@Soulbass Holy shit, that's intense.

they do it when they feel old, and that they gonna die soon, like elephants

21 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

Rationally, this seems like nonsense.  The body is part of the illusion and it won't change. Why would it? I know there is Kundalini and all of these weird chakra states but enlightenment is a simple realisation, why all of this?

Yes, i feel exactly the same way about this. Chakras -  the spiritual way to enhance the illusion.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

21 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

The body is part of the illusion and it won't change.

Body won't change but your drop of consciousness becomes one with universal ocean of consciousness, if body is not suitable death happens. 

6 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

energy channels or whatever aren't strong enough to support the "kundalini serpent" and they eventually cause ailments in the body?

A spontaneous awakening in one who is unprepared or without the assistance of a good teacher can result in an experience which has been termed as "Kundalini crisis", "spiritual emergency" or "Kundalini syndrome".

2 minutes ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

So Eckhart tolle isn't fully enlightened?

Surviving a full enlightenment, save brain to become a master is extremely rare, but not impossible. I would not like to comment about Eckhart tolle, but even Jesus was not fully enlightened while he was preaching, he got full enlightenment on cross.