Monster

deeper jhanas/samadhis

11 posts in this topic

why does no one ever talk about this? It comes a point when you deepen the enlightenment so much it becomes hard to function. maybe i am some genetic freak? I started self inquiry 5 months ago. First started getting glimpses 1 month in. Then just cruising in the glimpse 2 months in. But it keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper. It gets deep to such a point even the desire to speak itself fades. The desire to do a lot of things simply fade!!! This is social suicide. This is i think the 3rd time it happened. the last month or so i kept oscilating between "too much" consiousness and coming back down. I could not believe it possibly could be because of the consciousness work simply because no one ever speaks about it. "You can never have too much oneness" is the general premise. Why isnt this being talked about more?? What am i even experiencing??

@Frenk best i can explain with an example- my friend asks me did i study for whatever. I can feel the answer rising in my consciousness, and i want to answer, like a normal human being but then it fades as soon as its noticed. Then the reaction of panic to that mundane desire to answer dissapearing comes up then it dissapears just as quick(like, under a second). On the outside,  my friend thinks im being a massive dick completely unresponsive and ignoring him like hes not there. On the inside im in very intense oneness with all these mundane desires and reactions coming and going with big pauses of no thought in between. Does not feel functional.

to clarify, there's oneness right now. Back to "functional levels". Seems to be my new baseline. But it can go much deeper. And those deeper levels are not functional

Edited by Monster
clarify

When I experience a state that is hard to function in in daily life I usually get used to it a few months later. 

The states I used to find too intense are weak compared to the states that I find too intense now.

You will probably get used to it. I wouldn't stop.

A lot of things can happen when the mind is restructuring through serious meditation. Psych ward visits are rare but not unheard of. The Jhanas and deep states of detachment can cause this to happen but generally the apparent process of awakening/inquiry/unknowing is quite different from detachment — detachment is more a result of that, more than a factor that brings it about.

Edited by The0Self

The incapability to function happens because your vessel hasn't grown enough to be able to handle it yet.

It's like trying to do pushups with overly developed arm and chest muscles but no abs and leg muscles. You won't be able to do pushups even though you feel you can do more. Doing which btw is crucial to develop your chest and arm muscles further.

So my advice would be to access those deep states of oneness and try to function the best you can. In these states even deciding to do something like wanting to function is impossible so you'll need to figure out how to let your body and mind move themselves without 'you' controlling them. This feels like driving a car but letting go of the steering wheel completely. (Which feels exactly how you imagine it to be. A fear of death takes you over because you're not in control.)

@Monster what practices have you been doing to access such levels? maybe you need some time to get used to such states. 

8 hours ago, Monster said:

@Frenk best i can explain with an example- my friend asks me did i study for whatever. I can feel the answer rising in my consciousness, and i want to answer, like a normal human being but then it fades as soon as its noticed. Then the reaction of panic to that mundane desire to answer dissapearing comes up then it dissapears just as quick(like, under a second). On the outside,  my friend thinks im being a massive dick completely unresponsive and ignoring him like hes not there. On the inside im in very intense oneness with all these mundane desires and reactions coming and going with big pauses of no thought in between. Does not feel functional.

to clarify, there's oneness right now. Back to "functional levels". Seems to be my new baseline. But it can go much deeper. And those deeper levels are not functional

Your friend is the Zen Master smacking you with his stick for not paying attention. 

If you want to discuss jhanas and samadhi, let’s talk. People here don’t talk of it much because they are using psychedelics rather than the capabilities of their own mind. (Nothing wrong at all with psychedelics)

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

9 hours ago, Monster said:

why does no one ever talk about this? It comes a point when you deepen the enlightenment so much it becomes hard to function. maybe i am some genetic freak? I started self inquiry 5 months ago. First started getting glimpses 1 month in. Then just cruising in the glimpse 2 months in. But it keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper. It gets deep to such a point even the desire to speak itself fades. The desire to do a lot of things simply fade!!! This is social suicide. This is i think the 3rd time it happened. the last month or so i kept oscilating between "too much" consiousness and coming back down. I could not believe it possibly could be because of the consciousness work simply because no one ever speaks about it. "You can never have too much oneness" is the general premise. Why isnt this being talked about more?? What am i even experiencing??

When you are completely fades away thats enlightenment. After that you are home. Than realization happens that YOU have never born, therefore You never leave, began nor moved. Simply being where You always, already are. Then So called mind permanently switches. Maybe you didn’t ask about it? ?? satori is permanent. Because when you (ego) dies, it aint comes back. Even if i does come back, it will be as just Shadow or glimpse of Real You, just a reflection. 

Edited by Khan 0

20 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Monster what practices have you been doing to access such levels? maybe you need some time to get used to such states. 

it was self inquiry at first but its hard to describe deeper levels. Like softening into it very hard to describe. Nirvikalp Samadhi is somewhat akin to it

I emailed Raltson about it and he said you can go too far. Now learning about soul leaving the body stuff like that-strange its left unspoken

2 hours ago, Monster said:

I emailed Raltson about it and he said you can go too far. Now learning about soul leaving the body stuff like that-strange its left unspoken

Did he tell you that you have a body, and you can leave your body? I dont think he told you that. There is no body and nobody here. Now is the source. Right now. I suggest you to read the book of him not knowing. What you are talking is matrix, infinite dreams, not the Truth.