tashadwoodfall

I Get To Try 5Meo DMT!

26 posts in this topic

Almost coincidentally, a friend of mine invited me to Dinner while he was in town and we got into the topic of his first/last trip with Magic Mushrooms. Long story short I asked him if he heard of 5Meo DMT and he said that he's actually going to do it next month for his birthday and invited me to join! The natural stuff, not the synthetic version. I figured I better take the opportunity and feel honored/grateful the Universe is presenting me with this rare opportunity!

I figure I should watch a bunch of non duality videos (including Leos) and sort of start preparing myself mentally!!! 

I have never done ANY PSYCHEDELICS in my life (and do not welcome fear about it from others) but I feel I may be ready to completely surrender my life/ego.

first psychedelic trip is 5meo? shocked-monkey.gif

Edited by catcat69123

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

@catcat69123 Well…yes. I feel like I'm ready for it though and either way will not pass by the opportunity.

I got diagnosed with PTSD back in 2015 (worked on my psychology and the symptoms went away). I also went through a period of Alcoholism…again worked on my traumas/psychology and the symptoms went away with this as well.

So I guess I feel I've worked through enough psychological traumas etc. in my life (without medications) to where I'm ready for this!

good luck <3

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Not the ideal route to 5-Meo-DMT naturally, better after you're had hundreds of trips with other psychedelics. And I assuming that your friend's birthday party is at some night club, where they do rave parties? Are you seriously going to take 5-Meo-DMT in a rave party? If that's the case decline, and take the substance in your terms, in a safe tripping environment where you can focus more on the trip without multiple outside distraction.

1 hour ago, tashadwoodfall said:

@catcat69123 Well…yes. I feel like I'm ready for it though and either way will not pass by the opportunity.

I got diagnosed with PTSD back in 2015 (worked on my psychology and the symptoms went away). I also went through a period of Alcoholism…again worked on my traumas/psychology and the symptoms went away with this as well.

So I guess I feel I've worked through enough psychological traumas etc. in my life (without medications) to where I'm ready for this!

Especially after reading this, I'm starting to feel worried. 

@catcat69123 ? 

@tashadwoodfall

I’d meditate twice daily and eat very nutritiously instead of adding (anyone else’s) content. Empty cup is best ime. I’d also apologize or forgive whatever or whoever came to mind. And I’d clean out the messiest drawer in your home awesomely. Do lots of research on set, setting and dosage. Ramp up slowly with dosage. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Sounds like a bad idea. You are taking 5 MeO as a first psychodelic - it's like 1000 times stronger than LSD. You a will use less pure form and you are going to vape it (which will hit you within a second - which is scary). Than party setting..

I'm not saying don't do that. Just take those factors into consideration.

It won't be a party scene, we will be in nature with guides while we do it.  Am I afraid? A little bit, yes. Will that stop me from taking this one opportunity I have? No…Besides 20 minutes of complete hell doesn't sound THAT bad.

And the friend is going through a lot…his children's mother (his ex) has stage 4 cancer and will most likely die within the next 2 months and so…

I suppose it might be most intense for him and I think I can surrender fully. Why not?

I'm no expert as I haven't done 5 meo...from what I've heard Leo say in his "Dangers of Spiritual Work" episode, this seems rather risky. He said there was an individual on the forum here who did 5 meo and it didn't seem like he was ready and this caused him a great deal of distress. He said you could ruin your whole life like that. I was mentally ill and did a half tab of LSD, the first time I did such a low dose of any psychedelic, and the insights gave me panic attacks. It's my understanding you don't believe you're mentally ill anymore but from my understanding psychedelics can bring up past trauma and that can lead to bad trips. I feel concerned. Maybe I'm not "correct" in feeling that way as I believe the idea that everything that happens is exactly what should happen. That being said you sound way too cocky when you say 20 minutes of hell seems manageable...what happens if the insights freak you out and you are seriously damaged beyond a short 20 minutes? It seems like you're not giving this any serious contemplation. Please reach out to somebody who knows what they're talking about when it comes to 5 meo. I'm scared you're going to hurt yourself. If you decide to do this I really want you posting a trip report.

Hey, I think this is a great opportunity for you. I am curious to read a trip report from you too.

I recommend you read some trip reports and watch some trip report videos. Don't avoid the bad experiences that other people have had. Try to learn what the dangers are too. If you are not meditating every day already then It might be a good time to start a bit now. Meditate the days following your trip to try to get a better understanding of the experience.

5-MEO is the only psychedelic I have tried and I have had good experiences so far. Have a nice trip.

Sounds like you’re bound and determined.  Glad to hear you’re taking it with guides and not in a partying situation.  For me personally, I’ve never been so out of control that I’ve hurt my body.  However, if you freak out while tripping, remind yourself that if your body starts freaking out you have guides around to help you.  Say that to yourself so that your mind doesn’t start freaking out too. 

Even though it’s 20 mins, time gets suspended on a psychedelic, so a bad trip can feel much much much longer.

I’ve had scary trips and insanely beautiful, breakthrough trips.  For me, the big difference between the beautiful trips and the scary ones was setting an intention to understand love.  The good trips happened when my intention was to get better at radiating Absolute Love and magnifying it through my life purpose, while also being open and humble to whatever experience DMT wanted to show me.

I’d recommend watching Leo’s “The Structure of Reality” for that.  Life’s all about getting closer to Absolute Love, so it’s comforting to know that the Toad wants to show you that.

Humility is important with psychedelics.  I’ve read and watched trip reports of people getting cocky and suddenly having a bad trip, like the toad was trying to teach them humility.

The thing about 5-MeO that makes it freakier than other psychedelics is it makes you confront death and consciousness beyond the veil, beyond your day to day existence.  I’d recommend watching Leo’s episode on “What is Death” and contemplating how you feel about death.   

In fact the first time I did it my Ego was freaked out to discover that, as consciousness, I’ve existed for eternity and I will reincarnate over and over again without end.  No one had talked about this out of all the trip reports I’d read and watched, so my Ego was like, “those jerks tricked you!! Now you’re going to swim in the infinite, forever and ever and go crazier and crazier.”  But, it was just my mind freaking out. If I’d known ahead of time that this could happen, I wouldn’t have freaked out nearly as much.  At the time, it felt like my experience was abnormal (it's definitely not).

Just relax, open up, admit to whatever you're feeling, let the feelings wash through you, remember that there are people around you to protect your body, let yourself surf the wave of infinity.  (Sorry if I sound like a hippy)

In any case, exploring Love is much easier than exploring Infinity if you’re new to psychedelics.  Focus on wanting to explore and embody love and you'll probably have a better experience.

I will write a trip report (my trip will take place on the 3rd week of January).  My friend planned it so that we have one day to prepare (probably will be meditating all day), take 5meo on the second day and then on the third day we will be 'recovering' and I'm returning home on the fourth day. 

He's very much also into enlightenment concepts etc (his favorite book is Book Zero). Although we both may not necessarily be 'ready', I believe the Universe is providing me with the opportunity and I can't help but 'jump'. I believe he's ready because his long time partner/mother of his children which he's been divorced from for many years, is dying and therefore he wants to experience death.

As for me, I've had 'bad trips' without psychedelics and sort of know how to breath threw them and let go. I've come a long way since then and do not fear anything from my past coming back up as I feel I've faced it all, many times.

We will see how this goes and I'm hoping I come back in one piece lol I'll let 'you' know! 

@Jordan btw thank you Jordan for expressing 5meo was the only psychedelic you've done (makes me feel a bit more ready and confident!, whether that's to my detriment or not…perhaps visualizing a good trip enough times will help—as Leo has said bringing the fear of a bad trip will probably cause it so I'm steering clear of fear!)

@tashadwoodfall  I would just do a bunch of research beforehand to help you learn what state you'll be going into so you're ready for it as much as you can be. 
You're so lucky, I really wanna try this stuff someday, too.  It could be life changing in the best of ways.

Good luck!

As for other peeps, she has been a part of this forum for years, I'm sure she knows what's up.

I understand the worry that this could 'ruin' my whole life.

I'm not too worried, I have passion for the work I do (in politics), have an amazing boyfriend I don't think I could find fault with and am surrounded by truly good friends etc. 

I have read some trip reports and my biggest worry is that I won't want to work for 3 weeks while in a state of awe—this I will have to find a way to overcome. I'm considering writing myself a well thought out letter and posting it in my place lol like Here's why you should work (will it work? not sure but worth a shot!)

I know one thing…I can pick up the pieces no matter what and perhaps it'll be a magically beautiful experience of a lifetime!

24 minutes ago, tashadwoodfall said:

my biggest worry is that I won't want to work for 3 weeks while in a state of awe

There's a good chance you'll feel more motivated to work because 5-MeO will help you shed baggage that's making you resistant.  I personally found that awe and joy can make you more courageous and excited to engage with reality.  You also end up less focused on egoic concerns and more focused on what matters.

That's great to hear! Luckily I've moved into passionate ventures so there technically shouldn't be a problem. Thank you for that insight.

I also have a theory that if one has enough self-love and general satisfaction with his/her life thus far (which I believe I do), then letting go (ego death) seems it'll be a bit easier instead of a big fight.

I suppose some of my egoic goals (perfecting my body, building  a social media following, doing some cool photoshoots, getting engaged before a certain age, building my network more, etc.) may be shattered which is probably a good thing! and honestly I'm not that attached to these desires anyway or maybe they'll be enhanced!

Although intentions are good with those that say they have fear for me due to my past traumas I mentioned I've overcome (involving mental instability) and also because I have never done a psychedelic before—I can't help but point out that these opinions are based on their ego (spiritual ego in a sense…) and sort of disregards the fact that outside of this group, there are others who are using and experimenting with 5meo as a cure for heroin addicts etc.…

One could also say that 5meo has an even more powerful purpose than shooting those of us who seek enlightenment into a temporary bliss…

Maybe just maybe my brain is wired in a way that'll cause a more permanent experience then the average person. Part of my 'story' lol my father (Michael Woodfall) is an identity thief and has tested as a genius and my daughter has a very rare genetic/neurological condition (so does my half sister on my mother's side)…so this could be interesting.

These are of course all just thoughts that's coming up as I mentally prepare.

Edited by tashadwoodfall