Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meliodas

Thinking of Cutting my hair

9 posts in this topic

This may seem like a silly post to most of you , since cutting hair is normal for 99.99% of you, but I was born as a Sikh, so in Sikhism cutting hair is not allowed/prohibited . So kind of a big deal for me .

I tried to find people on internet who wanted to this , and I also found some on Reddit , but those people were ridiculed by stage blue people of my religion and were given advice about how people sacrificed themselves for hair and what not and you shouldn’t do this as you will never be able to attain god and what not. + those people who asked this question also wanted to cut their hair for silly reasons for having sex and getting girlfriends.(they are some nice perks tho)

I want to do it because it for some reason takes away my freedom (not in any spiritual sense) because i think I could not try shaving my head because of this ideology (just an example) and it will keep me stuck and also because of religious beliefs I will never be able to try out the some things which my religion will prohibit and I don’t want that . I want to experience everything for myself and I want to see for myself what works for me and what does not  and worst of all I don’t want to limit the possibility of experience just because of religion.

I am interested in spirituality and meditate daily though unlike most of you , I don’t have many experiences which are mystical considering I am just 18 , but I don’t think that I could not find God  if I cut my hair (lol) ,    …. because then why did some Buddhist get awakened (they are bald lol) and Leo also has no hair lol
+

I also don’t like that wearing a turban and having a beard has a stigmatised image in the society and I personally want to be free from that + I can’t manage my hair well actually 

What do you guys , am I don’t the right thing? I have tried to take this decision as consciously as I can , I have contemplated on it also , I have not thought of doing this just because of some really compulsive desire 

Try cutting just one or two and see how that goes... 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Meliodas I am Punjabi, and I grew up Sikh. 

I would say if you have an authentic desire to cut your hair then do it. I know some your family might have a harsh reaction because Indian families are full of lunatics, but you will likely not regret it after only a few weeks.

I am a strong advocate for people with turbins to cut their hair if they really want to

@Raptorsin7 oh i didnt know there was another sikh in the forum.thats good advice tho and the thing is we cant help the family members getting angry , they are mostly stage blue i think . btw , have you had your haircut?

1 hour ago, Meliodas said:

@Raptorsin7 oh i didnt know there was another sikh in the forum.thats good advice tho and the thing is we cant help the family members getting angry , they are mostly stage blue i think . btw , have you had your haircut?

Welcome.

Yeah I always had a hair cut. My dad a turbin when first came to Canada but after his first day of school after immigration my grandma decided to cut his hair

14 hours ago, Meliodas said:

... but I don’t think that I could not find God  if I cut my hair (lol) ,    …. because then why did some Buddhist get awakened (they are bald lol) and Leo also has no hair lol

There is your answer, you gave it yourself.

I an episode of 'Unorthodox', a Netflix mini-series about a girl who escaped from the ultra-orthodox community in the US and went to Berlin to live free, the girl is in a cafe and eats a sandwich which she finds out has pork inside. She immediately rushes out of the cafe and gags as she prepared to vomit. When nothing comes out, she is puzzled because all her life she had been told that pork is forbidden and she would throw up if she ate it. Talk about a rude awakening... 

From universes' point of view, most spiritual prohibitions and enforcements are nonsense. Mind games, misinterpretations, or had utilitarian-practical reasons at the times they were imposed (1000s of years ago), but not anymore.

What you said shows that you have moved vertically a bit and you are able to see the untenable nature of the particular religious prohibition. Ascend on higher levels and you will get free from mind games and limiting beliefs. 

There are substantial spiritual practices but right now you have to get rid of all of them first, in order to understand the whole game and which of them have meaning. 

This is the work we are doing here.