Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickyFitts

Overcoming the Ego’s Traumas: How to Achieve Ultimate Healing (VIDEO)

15 posts in this topic

The following video from Shunyamurti came up in my Youtube recommendations so I figured I'd share it here, I know trauma's a big issue for a lot of people so hopefully some will get use out of it:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

@Gianna You're very welcome, really hope it's helpful for you :x 

@Zeroguy Absolutely, so, so important :) 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Ah, this is a pure gem what you're sharing - you can't find or get until maybe well into therapy, even then not so comprehensive like this I think. 

Thank you very much for sharing. :)

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 22/12/2021 at 7:37 PM, RickyFitts said:

The following video from Shunyamurti came up in my Youtube recommendations so I figured I'd share it here, I know trauma's a big issue for a lot of people so hopefully some will get use out of it:

Nice synchronicity - we re-watched this in silence during a self organized meditation retreat at the end of December. In my opinion, one of his best and most essential videos. He doesn't give credit to all the material that went into this (it's not a new model, it's just very well understood and greatly integrated into spiritual and community understanding). 
Really essential for shadow work and effective spiritual growth. That's what I love him for :) 

@puporing You're so welcome :) 

2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Really essential for shadow work and effective spiritual growth. That's what I love him for :) 

He's fantastic, he really is :) 

listened to it

it was nice

but imo he talked almost nothing about how to heal and overcome it, while those are big in the title

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

but imo he talked almost nothing about how to heal and overcome it, while those are big in the title

Recognizing the trauma is already the healing process. The video is a categorization of common traumas and its manifestations so you can begin to recognize them in yourself.

I am not saying that is the only tool to overcome them.

Edited by Human Mint

20 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

listened to it

it was nice

Yeah you're right, probably misleading title. The understanding is very important but I, too, am interested to get specific and practical. I have a few intuitions about it:

- It's a very complex skill and topic and requires a lot of learning by doing and studying

- One needs to be attuned and sensitive to these things - again through learning, but also through a lot of healing already integrated

- Although there are certainly common patterns to recognize and strategies to follow, I bet a lot of it is specific to each situation and person, and thus requires even more experience, realisation and attunement

Also, he already alluded to the point, that most of this needs to happen within a community or human relationship. I can attest to that - a lot of trauma related to intimacy that I tried healing on my own for years was quickly purged and nullified in a relationship. Probably it depends, but as we learned, these traumatic patterns get reinforced through the child parent relationship and thus needs correction through a relationship.

Moreover, facing the pain seems essential. I think this is THE key. Sit or be present in a difficult situation and just be with it. Allow space for the pain, penetrate it, allow it to unfold and to hurt. That's a point that's very apparent to me at the moment.

Yeah, the thread title was misleading, sorry about that guys - I probably should have titled it something like, 'Understanding Trauma', I reckon that'd have been more accurate.

13 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

Yeah, the thread title was misleading, sorry about that guys - I probably should have titled it something like, 'Understanding Trauma', I reckon that'd have been more accurate.

I mean, it's the video title... xD

16 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

exactly :P it wasn't your fault.

the video title is a bit click baity imo. still nice video

9 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

I know xD But I could've given a more accurate idea of what the video is actually about with a better thread title, that was a bit lazy on my part.