Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

What happens when we fall asleep?

13 posts in this topic

Usually we turn off the lights, get into bed, close our eyes and after some time fall asleep and start dreaming. But what does exactly happen at that moment which causes the switch from waking dream to nightime dream? Science explains everything with brain activity but I'm interested in spiritual perspective on this matter.

Consciousness is imagining sleep right now.

That's what's happening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura But why the need for sleep then? Why not be awake all the time? 

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness is imagining sleep right now.

That's what's happening.

I believe he wants to know about the mechanics of dreaming. So to his answer his question, there's quote a lot going on. You imagine your body to be paralyzed so when you dream you don't act them out in the waking dream. You'll lose consciousness in your subjective experience(normally anyway) as the choline levels in your body decay. The processes our unconscious self is doing during that time when we seem to be dead(deep sleep) however are not really possible to explain. But we can gleam some semblance of detail given what experiences we have of sleeping dreams. Sleeping dreams have many functions, the vast majority of which is to fulfill desires of our waking self which we couldn't while awake. Another function is to determine/dictate what occurs in the waking dream. Which is why people have precognitive dreams on occasion. There's infinitely more than can be said, but I hope that my answer satisfies.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

You derive energy from the Godhead in deep unconscious sleep. Which you experience yourself as losing during the day as you imagine your physical and energy bodies are under the second law of thermodynamics. It's like having a flashlight turned on for a prolonged period of time. Eventually it'll run out of juice.

@JuliusCaesar Thanks for the explanation. I'm still wondering about some details. When we fall asleep, does our physical body disappears from the existence along with the entire waking reality and then reappears when we wake up?

Edited by Tyler Durden

@Judy2 So I'm basically closer to my True Self when I'm asleep then awake.

Edited by Tyler Durden

8 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Tyler Durden

You're always your True Self  (the sun is always shining), only that in deep sleep the ego-mind (barrier of clouds) is removed.

I believe I couldn't have said that better myself.

11 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

@Tyler Durden None of the above. You are creating both scenarios right now using thought.

If you're "worried" about the body disappearing while you sleep, may wanna think of all those moments in the waking dream when you are so focused on something else that you forget you even have a body. That's the same thing. Your mind just fills the gaps by pretending there was a consistency while there actually wasn't.

True, but to add another layer of dimension to this. Is that fact that object permanence is a farce(the notion that for example, when you look away from your car it still exists even though you can't perceive it). Your car only appears to be exactly the same object when you look back on it because you have to recreate it that way to fool yourself into think you're not dreaming.

If you want you can meditate like crazy for some days/weeks, while always setting the intention to be present all the time 24/24 7/7 (present as in conscious not thoughtless/doing nothing at all).

You could see that there is no real transition between waking/sleeping and dreaming, it would all happen within a self contained mind.

The transition would be fluid without any sense of one experience being more real/unreal than the other.

That's probably way better than hearsay on a forum.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@Tyler Durden None of the above. You are creating both scenarios right now using thought.

If you're "worried" about the body disappearing while you sleep, may wanna think of all those moments in the waking dream when you are so focused on something else that you forget you even have a body. That's the same thing. Your mind just fills the gaps by pretending there was a consistency while there actually wasn't.

Yes, I was just thinking about that recently. Many times I don't see my body in waking life, I just have the body sensations but that's not the same. Those moment are ideal to switch my true identification from the body to the world around me.

14 hours ago, JuliusCaesar said:

True, but to add another layer of dimension to this. Is that fact that object permanence is a farce(the notion that for example, when you look away from your car it still exists even though you can't perceive it). Your car only appears to be exactly the same object when you look back on it because you have to recreate it that way to fool yourself into think you're not dreaming.

I first become concious of that fact after reading about quantum mechanics but I guess it's also true from the spiritual perspective.

Edited by Tyler Durden

15 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Usually we turn off the lights, get into bed, close our eyes and after some time fall asleep and start dreaming. But what does exactly happen at that moment which causes the switch from waking dream to nightime dream? Science explains everything with brain activity but I'm interested in spiritual perspective on this matter.

You have multiple different spritual body as the physical one. Depending on how much body you have, you enter on that that one. One body being different with features with other one. 

16 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Excellent question. There is higher spiritual dimensional body that doesn't sleep nor dream. Perfect example would be a consious sleep. You have the state of sleep but conscious. 

@JuliusCaesar Thanks for the explanation. I'm still wondering about some details. When we fall asleep, does our physical body disappears from the existence along with the entire waking reality and then reappears when we wake up?

No. Think it as simulation. When you play a game character it stay a live as long as you play it. When you enter another realm of non time dimensions this all things fades away. This our physical body is equivalent and synonyms with vr headsets. 

@Judy2 So I'm basically closer to my True Self when I'm asleep then awake.

No. When you sleep you don't always ascend to the higher physical body, you might descend into lower body. So it depends on the human or creaturer. 

From the apocalypse of peter gnositic text.

Stating jesus christ have multiple bodies. 

"When he had said those things, I saw him seemingly being seized by them. And I said "What do I see, O Lord? That it is you yourself whom they take, and that you are grasping me? Or who is this one, glad and laughing on the tree? And is it another one whose feet and hands they are striking?"

The Savior said to me, "He whom you saw on the tree, glad and laughing, this is the living Jesus. But this one into whose hands and feet they drive the nails is his fleshly part, which is the substitute being put to shame, the one who came into being in his likeness. But look at him and me."

Edited by Hulk
Missing statement