Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blankisomeone

My friend just forgot to put me in his birthday party guest list? And we go back...

10 posts in this topic

He then just said "oh man I'm so sorry I forgot..." In a monotone voice.

Like... wtf?

The party is tomorrow, should I even fucking go?

Edit: the way I found out about the party was because this other friend of mine asked me if I was gonna go. Then I asked her "what party are you talking about?" And she was like "oooooh, they didn't add you in the group?" Then she asked our friend why I wasn't in the group, then that's when he sent me an audio recording of him saying "oh i forgot sorry..." So I guess if it wasn't for her he wouldn't even have remembered to add me?

Am I taking this too personally? Should I just go and stop making a big deal out of it?

But at the same time it's really fucked up, because I was always at his most recent parties, and we used to hang out together a lot back in the days.

Edited by blankisomeone

If I were you, instead of focusing on what my friend did to piss me off .. I would look at why I am pissed off in the first place.

Don't give your power away to other people by having their actions determine the quality of your life. It's a recipe for disaster.

Go there for 30 minutes, if its akward then leave and dont talk to him again. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

Go there for 30 minutes, if its akward then leave and dont talk to him again. 

That is petty and immature behavior. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that.

If you can't let it go, at least be an adult and have a direct conversation with the person about how you feel.

1 minute ago, Terell Kirby said:

That is petty and immature behavior. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do that.

If you can't let it go, at least be an adult and have a direct conversation with the person about how you feel.

If he goes there and his friend is not interested in being his friend anymore he will intuitively feel it very quickly. I guess he could talk to him after the party though. He doesnt have to cut him off, that was a bit drastic of me to write.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You tell them 'blank is someone' (blank name on the list)

22 minutes ago, hyruga said:

You tell them 'blank is someone' (blank name on the list)

lmaaaaaaoo

Oh, that’s a tricky one. I can imagine that being painful. I would imagine a genuine apology would be in order if they forgot. Sounds like they acted kinda aloof after this happened though. I’d feel confused and hurt too. Are you sort of holding onto this friendship out of decorum? Or did you care about this person a lot and consider them a relevant friend? If it was someone close to me I’d bring it up to them and discuss it. If it was someone kinda distant and just a sort of party friend I’d let it go and either go or not depending on how hurt I felt by it. 

What's your read on your friend's motivation... could it just be that he/she genuinely forgot? It's easily done, but I guess the tone of the 'apology' suggests otherwise?