Vision

Best Books on Overcoming Difficulty?

11 posts in this topic

I’m looking for books on people overcoming difficulty and transforming their lives in the end. Or books about overcoming difficulty in general, such as Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl or Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins.

The theme I’m interested in: 

• Being unconquerable 
  • Going from darkness into the light
  • Being the captain of one’s own ship 
  • Resiliency 
  • Determination 
  • Pulling oneself up by their bootstraps 

Any suggestions?

Dont be sad by aidh ibnu abdulla al quarni

Its an islamic book with full of islamic concepts.it is better than meditation by marcus aurelius .i ditched my meditation habits after reading it because now i have the ability to face hardship after reading it 

But if ur allergic to relegious concepts then read meditation by marcus aurelius.it has a steep learning curve.if u contemplate on ideas on meditation then within 5 years u will master hardship.meditations is the best stoic book.get the version by gregor hays

@omar30 no

Its a book called meditations by marcus aurelius

Also if u have access then join a kriya yoga guru.stay away from srf csa and ananda.kriya yoga is the best way i found to overcome suffering

Relentless by Tim Grover.

And then.

Winning by Tim Grover

22 hours ago, omar30 said:

The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan holiday

@omar30 This is a good recommendation. Thank you.

21 hours ago, Dryas said:

Watch a lot of Jocko Willink

@Dryas Any books in mind?

20 hours ago, hyruga said:

Relentless by Tim Grover.

And then.

Winning by Tim Grover

@hyruga Thanks. Do you have any other books in mind?

21 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Dont be sad by aidh ibnu abdulla al quarni

Its an islamic book with full of islamic concepts.it is better than meditation by marcus aurelius .i ditched my meditation habits after reading it because now i have the ability to face hardship after reading it 

But if ur allergic to relegious concepts then read meditation by marcus aurelius.it has a steep learning curve.if u contemplate on ideas on meditation then within 5 years u will master hardship.meditations is the best stoic book.get the version by gregor hays

@itachi uchiha You ditched your meditation for it? Could you please elaborate more? I don't think meditation is only used for facing hardship. By the way, I'm not allergic to religious concepts. I'm not religious myself but there are some gems that can be taken out from every religion. They're all trying to say the same thing, but they all deliver differently, sometimes in corrupted ways.

@Vision Maybe the art of war? 48 laws of power? I don’t know. 

Honestly, I think just watching a lot of Jocko (or similar content) will give you the insights you need. 

19 hours ago, Vision said:

@omar30 

@Dryas  

@hyruga 

@itachi uchiha You ditched your meditation for it? Could you please elaborate more? I don't think meditation is only used for facing hardship. By the way, I'm not allergic to religious concepts. I'm not religious myself but there are some gems that can be taken out from every religion. They're all trying to say the same thing, but they all deliver differently, sometimes in corrupted ways.

I found that the best way to face hardship is by kriyayoga.a single 15 min session removes 80%of all my suffering for 8 hours.it gives me mental comfort and bliss that can be used to face hardship.all the best bliss and mental comfort in the world can be acquired by kriya yoga.the magic about kriya is it will maintain that peak meditative state for 8 hours.i will write a article about it.

I am a big fan of the one thing concept.i always believed that i need to focus on one thing and take it to extreme.hence i ditched kriya yoga.but that is me.

Few main ideas in dont be sad is like this

Even if all human try to bring back the past ,they wont be able to do it hence  dont waste time thinking about past.

There is no guarentee u will be alive tomarrow.so dont dwell on tomarrow.

When u do nothing ,boredom will come.so always engage in doing things.

Dont be sad is poetic and made me renounce the world.if i do not care about nothing in the world like money,sex,fame etc then there is nothing to worry about