Psych2Awak3n

How to break through the first wall?

14 posts in this topic

I've been meditating every day for 2+ months now (started with 5 minutes, went to 17 minutes and it started feeling incredibly hard so turned it back down to 10 minutes currently). How do I get past this 10-17 minute mark? If I sit in a couch or lay down meditating then 17 minutes is quite easy but I've been told that you should only meditate sitting upright and so I can't break through sitting on my meditation cushion.

Play a video of someone you like like echkart tolle or rupert spira that is 20min long. Listen and meditate as you listen. It will keep you engaged, time will go faster, and the benefits are the same. Or find some guided meditations 20min long.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

is it still effective to listen to asmr or calming sounds while meditating? i've all fears existentially possible and this is just too much for me

39 minutes ago, nuwu said:

is it still effective to listen to asmr or calming sounds while meditating? i've all fears existentially possible and this is just too much for me

Yes you can do it with gentle sounds also

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Forget sitting meditation; take a walk in nature or ride a bike. Everything is a meditation--might as well exercise your body and enjoy nature at the same time. Anyway, that's what I do.

Realize that all you have to do is just chill while meditating. Here’s where I had a conversation with an Arahant who told me this. 

The Chill Master approach works quite well. 

Also try mindfulness or vipassana off of the cushion (normal life). 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

13 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Psych2Awak3n How exactly is it feeling hard? Are there bodily pain or something else?

Lower back muscle discomfort (my lower back is quite weak) and overthinking posture thus overcorrecting it and making my body very tired very fast

21 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

I've been meditating every day for 2+ months now (started with 5 minutes, went to 17 minutes and it started feeling incredibly hard so turned it back down to 10 minutes currently). How do I get past this 10-17 minute mark? If I sit in a couch or lay down meditating then 17 minutes is quite easy but I've been told that you should only meditate sitting upright and so I can't break through sitting on my meditation cushion.

Breakthrough is a matter of feeling breathing in the stomach, which is the same as saying not focusing on thoughts like (I assume) is the case the rest of the day. The suggestion is phrased this way because one can not ‘stop thought’ via direct attempts. Think of this as unconditioning. 

Physical difficulties, such as a sore lower back, are resolved by exercise / strengthening the muscle group, and also evaluating diet for inflations caused by some foods. A cautionary word though, never strengthen some muscles and not others, implement a full body routine. Think of this as conditioning. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

9 hours ago, Psych2Awak3n said:

Lower back muscle discomfort (my lower back is quite weak) and overthinking posture thus overcorrecting it and making my body very tired very fast

You could try some posture training exercises for the pelvis and lower back and correct your posture while sitting in a chair or sofa. 

11 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Realize that all you have to do is just chill while meditating. Here’s where I had a conversation with an Arahant who told me this. 

The Chill Master approach works quite well. 

Also try mindfulness or vipassana off of the cushion (normal life). 

Is that you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them