Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wma

Discord?

16 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura — Ever consider opening an Actualized.org Discord Server? I'd be happy to help you get it up and running; it's one of my all-time favorite apps. I really love its design. Could be a cool space for us philosophers to hang. Perhaps the Forum already covers some of those community bases, but the voice-chat and quick-response text-chats would likely enhance the community experience. Especially the voice-chats: Voice adds such an interesting dynamic to discussion. A personal touch.

As a side-note: To anyone in the Actualized community who uses Discord, feel free to drop your Discord username here, and I'll add you =]

Leo doesn't do that sort of stuff. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@wma creating separate communities or chat groups outside the forum is against forum guidelines (loud snoring). Just saying. :D

I personally think there is enough off topic on the forum, and discord would be so much more distracting than the forum :D

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin i just think introducing voice to Actualized conversations would add an interesting dynamic and foster stronger relationships in the community

@wma that won't be happening either. These things have been discussed gazillion times before.. This is how the forum has always been. 

Not much is going to change. 

There is no point in thinking too much about it. Get the best that you can get out of it. 

Also you can make friends here. 

5 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Not much is going to change. 

xD *facepalm*

@Tim R gotcha , i just think voice-chats bring people together more effectively than plain-text

@wma

I have a discord server. It has 200 people in it. Doesn't take it's self to seriously. Here's my @bloomer#5163. Made a server that I wanted that's around self help and motivating people. But what I've found is a lot of people who use discord really don't care for self improvement. They just want the dopamine hit of getting into stupid conversations, e drama and all that other stupid bs. That's why I'm glad corners of the internet like this forum exist where there is some quality. I would love for there to be an Actualised.org server anyway and it's not a bad idea WMA. But I can see why moderators and Leo wouldn't want any attention being diverted from this forum and that's fair. Also yes I spelled server wrong in the video, sue me.

Edited by bloomer

No Discord. It will turn into a toxic pit and take away from the forum.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.