Rilles

Finished First 5k! Any Runners Here?

23 posts in this topic

Took me about two months, I never thought I would keep doing it but it was actually very easy to keep the habit up! If you suffer from laziness and bad cardio dont doubt yourself! You can become fit too! I could barely run 2 minutes when I started and today I did 35 minutes without stopping. There was alot of suffering involved though, seems every 3rd run is very difficult and the others are smooth, guess thats the mastery curve in action. Get inspired!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles Awesome! I've run since I was 10. I don't do too much mileage now a days but still love it. You run or the road or trails? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

18 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Rilles Awesome! I've run since I was 10. I don't do too much mileage now a days but still love it. You run or the road or trails? 

Wow thats a long time! I have been terrible at exercise my whole life, only last year did I start running a bit and now more seriously this year. I run around a lake thats about 4 km long, pretty perfect spot if you ask me. 

@Rilles Ooo... sounds perfect.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Kudos! 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

11 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Kudos! 

??

6 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Nice! I used to love running, my record was 20km?

Damn! Thats a half-marathon! Why did you stop? 20km is quite excessive though, I will probably reach for 10k and then not push the mileage more than that.

Edited by Rilles

20 hours ago, Rilles said:

Why did you stop?

Because of a bout of depression. Will try to get back to exercising soon, though.

20 hours ago, Rilles said:

20km is quite excessive though

Yeah it's definitely too much haha. I just did it once just to see if I could and don't plan on doing it again. I think it was an ego thing :'D

58 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

Because of a bout of depression. Will try to get back to exercising soon, though.

Yeah it's definitely too much haha. I just did it once just to see if I could and don't plan on doing it again. I think it was an ego thing :'D

Aw that sucks. Yeah get back on that horse!

Haha it IS an ego thing but its a healthy ego thing... and I want a confidence boost. ;) 

@Rilles Congrats! Keep going. I know this sounds stale, but consistency is key, it really is, especially with something like running, the essence of which is literally nothing but consistency and endurance.

I remember not being able to run like a few hundred meters without needing to take a break and gasping for breath after the round was over (1,36 km). That was somewhere around Nov./Dec. 2020 I think. Ever since I went running nearly every day, not much, maybe 2-3,5 km. This summer I got to the point where I could consistently run my route (3,66 km) with a pace between 4:00 (15 km/h) and 4:30 (13,3 km/h). Every day. 

That took a lot of work (given that I also ride my bike a lot; ca. 2300km since this July) but I can't live without it now, it's meditative, fun. healthy and keeps me sane?

You got this??

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

@Rilles Congrats! Keep going. I know this sounds stale, but consistency is key, it really is, especially with something like running, the essence of which is literally nothing but consistency and endurance.

I remember not being able to run like a few hundred meters without needing to take a break and gasping for breath after the round was over (1,36 km). That was somewhere around Nov./Dec. 2020 I think. Ever since I went running nearly every day, not much, maybe 2-3,5 km. This summer I got to the point where I could consistently run my route (3,66 km) with a pace between 4:00 (15 km/h) and 4:30 (13,3 km/h). Every day. 

That took a lot of work (given that I also ride my bike a lot; ca. 2300km since this July) but I can't live without it now, it's meditative, fun. healthy and keeps me sane?

You got this??

No, I totally agree! Consistency brought me to 5k! 

I remember last year I couldnt run 5 minutes without stopping haha. 

I do think that I wouldnt have gotten here without using an app though, it kept reminding me everyday to run a few more minutes and it kept track of all my runs, it really helps to have a solid goal. 

Its snow and winter here now so that kind of sucks, I will probably lose alot of gains until spring comes again in a few months but thats okay, maybe I will run indoors but I havent decided yet... 

Thanks bro!

Nice. I'm what they call an anti-runner :D

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nice. I'm what they call an anti-runner :D

Start moving you slug! :P

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Start moving you slug! :P

I'm that gym meathead that takes 5 minute breaks between each set :D

f466499f53a3097d42820ed913cbd521.jpg

@Rilles good work! The first time I ran for about 15 minutes I nearly threw up. I used to run once a week and initially I religiously increased by 100 metres each time. It was a slow hard slog, but I eventually got up to a half marathon. Keep it up!

All stories and explanations are false.

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm that gym meathead that takes 5 minute breaks between each set :D

f466499f53a3097d42820ed913cbd521.jpg

Haha hope you atleast do leg reps...

@Rilles Congrats! You can go as far as you want if you keep up this attitude. 

Running, cycling and swimming triathlon was how I spent a good chunk of my early teens. It's a lot of fun, though challenging. There is a whole world here to explore. 

Running on trails is something I recommend. Super enjoyable and fun. You feel like a ninja.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@Rilles good work! The first time I ran for about 15 minutes I nearly threw up. I used to run once a week and initially I religiously increased by 100 metres each time. It was a slow hard slog, but I eventually got up to a half marathon. Keep it up!

Woah! Thats sounds awful! Haha! Always run on a semi-empty stomach. 

@Thought Art ??

6 hours ago, Rilles said:

Haha hope you atleast do leg reps...

Let's just say if I was a girl, my ass would be a 10 ?