Afonso

Fear After 5-meo Trip

27 posts in this topic

After my first 5-MeO trip I sense a lot of fear. I have this sensation in my chest that usually comes up when I fear something. In the last 2 days the sensation has been there and not went away. I wake up 3-4 times every night and the fear is there. I rest a bit on the couch and the fear is there. I go take a walk and the fear is there. I meditate and for the first time I jump in fear when the timer fires off.

It's not limiting me in any way besides having a full night sleep. However, it's very unpleasant. What should I do?

@Afonso Run around your house 68 times and it should go away O.o.

What thoughts are causing the fear?

@Afonso The 68 is more of a joke. As to me the question kind of sounds like, "hey whats the solution to this imaginary problem i have created in my mind, hey do some of this stuff....".
Guess me saying its imaginary will so piss of the ego, but it piss on the ego :P

Anxiety is known to come from thoughts (or any emotion for that matter). You probably see some stuff during the 5-meo that is causing certain thoughts that trigger the emotional response. Do not ignore the small thought or the obvious ones (as the simple ones are usually the hidden ones you don't know about).
When you find out what though is causing it ("in your imagination") you can fix that and change the results.

Absence on this thread of people advising Afonso to do the drug. Where is their advice and support? Just one poking fun and joking. Those that are concerned were the ones advising not to do it.

Edited by Neo

Please describe your feeling a bit more? 

I get a feeling of insanity very often. I am not sure if you are experiencing a similar thing but just express it as fear? 

10 hours ago, Psychonaut said:

Please describe your feeling a bit more? 

I get a feeling of insanity very often. I am not sure if you are experiencing a similar thing but just express it as fear? 

It's a feeling of anxiety. It's mostly located in the heart below the nipple. It's like a buzzing sensation, like a vibration.

14 hours ago, John Flores said:

@Bob84 The heart has natural anxiety from existing with uncertainty. Every religion calls it something else, but to say this thing is simply "defeatable" with the flick of a wrist is foolish and arrogant and insensitive 

I am not say it is easy, but in order to solve something you need to find the problem first.
Or you don't and keep fantasizing and looking for shortcuts.

1 minute ago, John Flores said:

Your "third eye" has also probably opened up which means you can now manifest the things you think about more easily or are intuned to reality all around you.

Third eye also means General intuition and potential for higher perception. Best to listen to classical music because its smoother on the heart.

As more and more people wake up, the collective ego starts to evolve to act similar to the atman...so time will heal it in that regard as well 

Thank you so much!

It's worth pinpointing some things that I feel days after the experience

• My vision got better
  • I feel much happier and with a greater mood (despite the feeling of anxiety)

Weird, huh? I just feel like smiling and loving!

On 25.12.2016 at 11:52 AM, Afonso said:

What should I do?

This will go or get deeper and then go. Depending on how much shit you have in your system and how much you cleaned out so far / how deep the trip was this can last from a week with a little discomfort (I had the very same symptom for 1 1/2 months with some deeper and some smoother phases) to 6 months of a deep existential crisis. Depending on who you are.

Remember: MeO doesn't cut your journey short, it just boosts it so that you have to deal with it in less time. It's an amplifier, not magic. But once you're through, welcome to another phase of deep motherfuckin' peace.

You can't really do nothing to get out of it. You have to go through it and let it take over. It will be hard sometimes. But that's the way. Good luck.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Azrael 

It's an amplifier, not magic.

But this has been touted as the magic pill by Leo and others I think. So... what is the relationship between this substance purging out your "shit" and what Leo mainly focused on, instantly seeing enlightenment?

1 hour ago, Neo said:

But this has been touted as the magic pill by Leo and others I think.

Yeah, the way they use the word "magic pill" it's all right, because it seems to be like magic because it does the job so good. But that's just a name. It would be real magic if it would get you fully enlightened (like a Zen master practicing for 40 years), change your whole character and being for ever with no work on your side whatsoever. That's magic. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

So... what is the relationship between this substance purging out your "shit" and what Leo mainly focused on, instantly seeing enlightenment?

By instantly seeing your infinite nature it pops open the shit in your brain (like sticky residues in a machine) and then the shit will purge out in the time after the experience + some of the shit will get instantly die in the experience because of its explosive and transforming nature.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

So... what is the relationship between this substance purging out your "shit" and what Leo mainly focused on, instantly seeing enlightenment?

If you want the scientific explanation of this, here it is :

More 5-MeO than usual running in your system enables stronger communications between certain areas of the brain. And then neuroplasticity kicks in. Neuroplasticity is basically the tendency of your brain strengthening the neural pathways you use the most by creating more connections between the neurons that are most used and at the expense of those that you use the least.

And, hence, after a 5-MeO trip, your brain changes and you see a lot of things happening.

Also, you mentioned that Leo touts 5-MeO as a magic pill. And, yes, he does, but he makes sure to say that it's a catalyst, not a replacement. Just because everybody can get famous on youtube doesn't mean everybody is. Just because everybody can take 5-MeO to become enlightened doesn't mean everybody is.

2 hours ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

Man, if you are concerned and scared please go seek help, don't just ask here. The people who recommand this don't even know how to help you. which is sad

Fear ain't shit. It just requires more consciousness and honesty and you will purge out that trauma or negativity and replace it with trust and peace in the Self.

There was a reason I asked you how much you meditated when you said you wanted to try 5-MeO, and you didn't answer.

I asked because the typical average mind has a lot of shit in it it's denying unconsciously, if you had a consistent practice you would have had a clue about that.

But no need to worry, you are always safe and part of a perfect process and you can actually be very happy it's getting to surface now so strongly so you can get it out.

So start meditating a good amount, be honest with pain, open up, cry, and return to stillness and repeat.

You'll be great.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

There was a reason I asked you how much you meditated when you said you wanted to try 5-MeO, and you didn't answer.

I asked because the typical average mind has a lot of shit in it it's denying unconsciously, if you had a consistent practice you would have had a clue about that.

But no need to worry, you are always safe and part of a perfect process and you can actually be very happy it's getting to surface now so strongly so you can get it out.

So start meditating a good amount, be honest with pain, open up, cry, and return to stillness and repeat.

You'll be great.

I really hope so.

4 minutes ago, Afonso said:

I really hope so.

You don't have to hope, just be happy.

The outside world is just a picture, including the people in it, a neutral illusion. The fear you feel is just a creation from the indoctrinated traumatized mind from the silly world, now you can take response-ability to know yourself again and get over the pain and become true and peaceful again. :)