LSD-Rumi

Does God intervene?

37 posts in this topic

Does the universe intervene with the flow of things? Religions suggest so But my intuition suggests otherwise.

Not sure the context

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

Not sure the context

Yeah I mean like doing big things, like splitting the sea for Moses to run away from the Pharoah. 

intervention (n.)

early 15c., intervencioun, "intercession, intercessory prayer," Late Latin interventionem (nominative interventio) "an interposing, a giving security," literally "a coming between," noun of action from past-participle stem of Latin intervenire "to come between, interrupt," from inter "between" (see inter-) + venire "to come" (from a suffixed form of PIE root *gwa- "to go, come"). Later "act of intervening" in any way; in 19c.-20c. often of international relations; by 1983 of interpersonal intrusions by friends or family meant to reform a life felt to be going wrong. https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=intervention

I suppose that you literally are the intervention. A coming between yourself. Which sounds dirty, quite appropriately, because hey, that's how you were made. Conceived, thought of. A thought is the only thing that can seem to come between, to draw a line, to define, to make two of ... what? 

How do you make sense of this? Any miracle of grand scale seems like a small potato scale mystery after this... 

When I was a kid I experimented with doing a few bad things, stealing, disobeying and almost immediately karma hit hard.  It was like I had a Universal parent. One time I went ice skating and showing off for other kids I put my foot over the boundary marker my mom said we weren't to cross. One step and immediately my skate went right through the ice in that very spot. Stuff like that. 

Of course there is no outside entity that intervenes, the idea that you are an entity is what requires and gives birth to intervention itself. You created the notion of God and yourself by thinking them to be separate, there's your intervention. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Yeah I mean like doing big things, like splitting the sea for Moses to run away from the Pharoah. 

I mean these things couldn't been a lie, it was seen maybe by tens of thousands of people. How could that even happen? Was Moses posing his will on the sea for it to split or was it a designated event by the universe? I know it doesn't matter from the absolute prespective, but I am curious I guess ?

My best guess how these things worked is that natural event hits like an earthquake or something and it is coordinated event by the universal intelligence to serve a certain purpose. And it is recontecextualized by people as miracle or punishment. 

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@mandyjw I understand the implicarions of nonduality but I wanted to understand other prespectives too.

7 hours ago, Ilan said:

Infinite Love for the Whole Universe but Mark Zuckerberg

Violation ?

"The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding"

You are God.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

14 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You are God.

I am a limited version of God. Anyways, this kind of answer actually doesn't help and you people should stop doing it. I wanted to understand how such things could actually happen, could a limited version of God possess enough will to part the sea. It turns out it doesn't. This supernatural event was orchestrated By the universe to help itself for a higher purpose. Like when the universe gave Muhammed the Quran. The universe intervenes but very very rarely I think. The universe uses nature and its laws to make strange things and people misinterpret it as miracles. Atheists like To deny that anything of these things ever happened but the right position is a mixture of both. It happened but it didn't.  

Edited by LSD-Rumi

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I am a limited version of God.

That is a belief. What is limitation without the false concept of free will? 

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I wanted to understand how such things could actually happen, could a limited version of God possesses enough will to part the sea.

Will is not the ability to influence reality in accordance with your mental images. Will is understanding. Will is not free, as in a mental image that says that there is a small human within you that controls the body. That image is a false belief. When you truly understand how something works, you act without resistance to it. That is will, and it is not yours, but God's.

The Universe does not intervene. It is in perfect harmony with itself, and you are the totality of it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The Universe does not intervene. It is in perfect harmony with itself, and you are the totality of it.

Historical events prove otherwise. It is perfecting not perfect I think and the process of perfecting will never end because it is infinite. God is always perfecting itself, God is the process of godling. as Leo said once.

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

That is a belief. What is limitation without the false concept of free will? 

16 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

What does this have to do with free will? Of course, I have free will. God gave it to me as a version of itself.

@LSD-Rumi Drop the expectations and the truth will be apparent. Good luck otherwise.

34 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

What does this have to do with free will? Of course, I have free will. God gave it to me as a version of itself.

Notice that this is the exact answer Lucifer would give, you sneaky little devil.

11 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Notice that this is the exact answer Lucifer would give, you sneaky little devil.

You sound like Leo now but are u as conscious as Leo or are you just parroting him.

of course, I am a devil, I am well aware of my own devilry. I am working on that part :D

Edited by LSD-Rumi

8 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

of course, I am a devil, I am well aware of my own devilry. I am working on that part :D

Then let me ask your question back to you and do your best to answer it:

56 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:
1 hour ago, tsuki said:

What is limitation without the false concept of free will? 

What does this have to do with free will?

@tsuki Hmmm I see your point now. It is the limitation that spawns the narrative of the self the other and the free will. Without this narrative, there is no free will and there is nothing. But still, I am here within the narrative and  It feels real, You cannot just eliminate the narrative by being a smartass, The narrative is rooted deeply in our own existence.

@LSD-Rumi You have it ass-backwards.

It is the narrative of free will that spawns the narrative of limitation. The belief in free will goes basically like this:

You are a small man living inside of your head. This small man has ideas about the world that are not caused by anything else. This is why the small man's will is called free, because it acts without any strings attached to him, his thoughts are uncaused.

Now, since the small man cannot do whatever his free will dictates, he says that he is limited.

What I am saying is that there is no small man inside, and that his will is not free. Everything that happens in your experience is caused by something. You developed the belief in a small man to cover up your lack of self-understanding. Then, you invented limitation to cover up your lies. Then you invented God, as an abstract entity in the transcendental realm that is not up for questioning, to excuse your imagination and delude yourself that this fantasy is perfect.

In reality, everything, the whole, infinite, intelligent chain of causation, is God, and it is perfect, but you do not yet realize this, because your don't see deeply enough.

Edited by tsuki