Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby_2021

Liberal Hipocracy: No longer ignorable

8 posts in this topic

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a serious problem. Why do liberals act secretly act as conservatives in shadow? Why is that they show no intention in realising the progressive vision, when it's they, who are the one that have to give up?

Maybe this is the clue for us to stop wishing that politics would work fine, only if the "other side" didn't exist.

Instead to focus on ourselves and where we can change.

1 hour ago, Bobby_2021 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a serious problem. Why do liberals act secretly act as conservatives in shadow? Why is that they show no intention in realising the progressive vision, when it's they, who are the one that have to give up?

Maybe this is the clue for us to stop wishing that politics would work fine, only if the "other side" didn't exist.

Instead to focus on ourselves and where we can change.

The answer is clear. Why should they care? They are not progressives.

Liberals and conservatives are just two faces of the same fallacy. Same as theists and atheists.

We should let go both delusions. I did.

Edited by Bojan V

Liberals are more cognitively developed than conservatives (meaning less of their ideology is rooted in fear, anger and hatred).

That doesn't mean they can't be ideological and partial in their views, but they are most certainly the lesser of the two evils.

Just take comparative look at policy proposals from both sides and you'll see this is the case.

On 16/11/2021 at 9:32 PM, Terell Kirby said:

Liberals are more cognitively developed than conservatives (meaning less of their ideology is rooted in fear, anger and hatred).

By definition conservatives are trying to conserve the status quo, that naturally would bring more fear, anger and hatred as youre essentially fighting against progress which must be crazy stressful. 

This is why I feel like such a clown touting liberal voting. I don't really do it. And I don't go to protests either or shout "eat the rich" or some bullshit like that. Dems talk big in the US but what those values look like actualized as real policy is unclear. It's like talking about a piece of technology you know will one day be created but it's still a ways off and no one knows what it will actually be like. 

On 11/19/2021 at 5:30 PM, Lyubov said:

This is why I feel like such a clown touting liberal voting. I don't really do it. And I don't go to protests either or shout "eat the rich" or some bullshit like that. Dems talk big in the US but what those values look like actualized as real policy is unclear. It's like talking about a piece of technology you know will one day be created but it's still a ways off and no one knows what it will actually be like. 

USA in many ways has two parties both of which are, right wing, for all practical matters.

But yeah, relativistically @Terell Kirbysaid, left is less rooted in fear and preserving status quo. There are slightly better than right.

But they don't embody what they stand for. There is still too much ideological biases in the left. 

And this must be talked about!!

In the context of contemporary US politics:

Conservatives - Regressive. Picks an arbitrary point in the past to romanticize, and will take steps to roll back societal progress if given the opportunity

Liberals - About preserving the status quo. May make some tweaks around the edges to ensure the continued viability of current Institutions (at least in the short term), but are unwilling to seriously entertain changing existing structures and institutions in a substantiative way.

Leftists - Advocates for transformative change to existing structures and institutions. This runs the spectrum from pragmatic and reasonable to instances of game denial which doesn't give enough weight to existing contexts and constraints.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/