Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Karmadhi

Is anyone here skilled with online dating? Need advice

11 posts in this topic

Hey, so i will make an online dating account and would be curious to know if someone here has experience about it and knows this stuff.

Thank you for your time!

Testing out all your pics on photofeeler.com is the first thing you should do. You can do it for free, but it'll take some time. Wait til you get at least 30 votes on each pic

You can get profile feedback on r/tinder as well, they do weekly profile review threads. You'll usually only get one or two responses here which isn't a consensus but it can help. Subreddits for other online dating apps may also do this, idk

Keep your bio short and witty. You're aiming for the "show don't tell" idea, don't say anything like "I am x" say something like "I have done y" where y implies that you have trait x. Or just put a funny one liner, try to be original or find something that you actually find funny and that isn't incredibly overused

Photos are the most important part though, and you want as few photos as possible to convey your looks and lifestyle. First two photos should be showing your physical looks in the best light possible, you can use the timer feature on your phone to take a bunch of pics at home that show off your looks in the best possible way, then test each of these on photofeeler to find the best. The rest of the profile should be lifestyle pics. Looks and lifestyle are king when it comes to online dating

And the mindset you should have with online dating is that it's something you have running in the background. Whenever you get a match, it should be a nice bonus. Don't ever rely on online dating as your sole source of meeting girls because that will make you incredibly needy and honestly miserable (spoken as someone who put far too much effort into online dating, if you can't tell)

I do not trust photofeeler. I got 9/10 ratings for my pics there and still my results sucked. 

Pro tip - make it fun. 

And don't act too desperate 

Learn the art of flirting. 

And yes be genuine with your emotion. 

Women pick emotions at the speed of a bullet train. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Hire a pro photographer.

But all your photos should feel casual.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

• Pictures that others have taken of you are better than selfies but selfies are also fine. Ask your friends or family if they have any of you or set a self-timer on your phone. Don't put up a group photo, or one with your sister or girl cousin.
  • Write an about me...I'm drawn to men who mention a couple hobbies or what they're passionate about. 
  • Complete your profile. Don't upload fewer pictures than they suggest and don't leave out questions. You don't have to fill out everything about yourself, however. 
  • "Verify" your profile. Makes you appear more legit and like you care.
  • It's not ideal to keep a running conversation with someone on the app. Look for the right opportunity to ask her out shortly after matching.
  • Many of the matches/conversations you have will go nowhere so don't stress it. 
  • You'll get better at it the longer you do it. It took me a few months to kind of get the hang of things, though.
  • There are sub-forums on Reddit that will review your profile for you. Or you can ask a friend. I can also give you a review if you want. 

"You Create Magic" 

I need to clarify, i am talking about Tinder here. I use around 3 pictures of me and 1 with friends. The ones of me are with a professional camera and good quality. Is this enough?

14 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I do not trust photofeeler. I got 9/10 ratings for my pics there and still my results sucked. 

Check the individual votes rather than the overall score. You can get a 9/10 score where almost all the votes are 'Yes' instead of 'Very', as an example see below which resulted in an 8.9 score

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 14.08.42.png

But almost all the votes are just 'Yes'. This isn't ideal since it basically means your photo doesn't elicit any emotional response, it's just 'good'

You want your main pic to have lots of 'Very' votes. If you get primarily 'Yes' votes then those are def really good photos to keep in the profile though, just not as a main pic

Weirdly, a pic I have that when tested got mostly 'Very' and 'Somewhat' votes (with much fewer 'Yes' votes) got me much better results on Tinder. It seems that polarising pics work quite well. It also seems that girls on Photofeeler have a slight bias towards 'nice-guy' type pics that actually don't work that well on Tinder too. No idea why this is

The other thing photofeeler doesn't do well is account for the fact that you have multiple photos. You could have five pics rated 9+ but when you put them together collectively they don't work well at all because there is too much of something or not enough of something else in the overall profile

Photofeeler in my opinion has two uses:

• Finding your main pic (one that you get the most 'Very' votes on after 30-50 votes)
  • Sanity check for your other pics to make sure that you don't look like a creep in them, because we're all bad at judging our own pics. As long as you get an 8+ score for these then that's fine

9 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

I need to clarify, i am talking about Tinder here. I use around 3 pictures of me and 1 with friends. The ones of me are with a professional camera and good quality. Is this enough?

4 pictures is good! Especially if they look nice.

"You Create Magic" 

On 14.11.2021 at 1:02 AM, Leo Gura said:

Hire a pro photographer.

But all your photos should feel casual.

and then he'll say stuff like *look more natural"

*give me a real smile now, cheese*

*look at me in a cool way now*

haha couldn't do it